Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? (632 Views)

See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma Edo Sate Is The Worst Uni In Nigeria / Best Private Uni In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by omonija1(f): 8:17pm On May 21, 2009
hello guys,

Well, I've been hearing and seeing (on TV) a lot about how Uni in Nigeria sucks, how students spend double the amount of time required to finish and how teachers want this and that for grades etc,

See I've been here in the states for about 15 year and really need a change of environment. I'm almost done with bachelors and want to start my masters ASAP possibly anywhere else but here. I have a lot of options of places i would like to go and Nigeria is one of them.
My question is would it really be a bad idea to want to attend uni in Nigeria for masters? to be really honest, how bad is it ?
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by omonija1(f): 5:45am On May 23, 2009
so no one one answer me

bumpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by chrisical(m): 4:18pm On May 23, 2009
No vex.your question looks senseless may be. tongue
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by omonija1(f): 8:35pm On May 23, 2009
how does it looks senseless? bc its not about me fukin my sister uncle's brother's teacher and his son?? hissss

I just need ppl's opinion, urs may help too. smiley
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by DisGuy: 8:40pm On May 23, 2009
you might not be able to cope! assessments in mainly theoretical

what course are course are you currently doing and what do you want to do afterwards?
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by UyiIredia(m): 11:51am On May 29, 2009
believe it all depends on ur attitude  grin grin hee!! heee!!
but ma personal suggestion is why don't u go to a location in Europe or some
oda place in Africa likee Ghana or South Africa. from d way u talk i don't think u'll
be impressed with d best Nigerian universities hav 2 offer >>>>>>
by d way a little about myself >>>  grin grin >>> i attend C.U & d facilities are okay >>> not much
Nigerian universities can boast of undaground wiring systems
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 29, 2009
answer to your question is YES.

please tell me what is good about uni in nigeria.
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by omonija1(f): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2009
Dis guy, im not retarded. although im use to the american schooling system, i think being assessed theoretically will actually chalenge me and im up for it. and i want to do public health, im a biology pre-med major and want to do something else before medschool, also would like to intern at a hospital in nigeria. things of such will make my med school application stronger u know,
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by omonija1(f): 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2009
lol uyi.Where is C.U?
Re: Is Attending Uni In Nigeria Really That Bad? by DisGuy: 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2009
not just about being assessed theoretically, the environment, the bullying. access to research materials in some cases
getting internship in naija is not that hard, many hospitals begging for workers

public health? I don't think universities in nigeria offer public health(some might though), many people i know go out of the country to do the course

have you seen this? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-281576.0.html

ask yourself, why arent citizens from other african countries going to nigeria for uni
why dont universities in nigeria advertise for 'international' students considering they can
make more revenue charging standard fees

(1) (Reply)

Study In Canada / Adekunle Ajasin University 2009 Pume / //

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.