Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You (63802 Views)

Fulani, Abubakar Adamu 'Ano' Promoted To Brigadier General In Nigerian Army / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / How To Succeed As A Contract Staff In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by ylaa(f): 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
why do i get new topics late?
na wa oh!
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by ihatebuhari(f): 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
Slavery in Africa
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Sijo01(f): 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
Modern day slavery cheesy
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by youngpee(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
Non of what d OP has said is false..even tho its a bit exaggerated..in d real sense these are d policies of d banking industry..tho not strictly emphasized and monitored

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by bellville: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
The aspect I find most troubling is the professional/unprofessional staff dichotomy. Contract staffing in banks is sheer slavery. No promotion, no benefits.

Shop for books. Check my signature.
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2015
okay...
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by hoseamatoh(m): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2015
ednut1:
clearly the author has never worked in a bank . some are lies, *most bankers transfer their salary to other banks immediately it is paid to other banks * many bankers have other businesses like farms, car sales business etc * some people work in banks to gain experience/escape boredom, the money they are being paid is not up to 5% of what they get from their rich parents * u can get married to ur co worker in a bank like stanbic but must not be in the same unit/dept. stop misleading people angry

You can't transfer money to another account bro, you can only withdraw and then take it to that bank and deposit, and again you can't withdraw all your money when you 're been paid again you can't leave your money untouched, the policies are uncountable and more comes out daily, also when marrying a colleague one of you MUST leave the job, and you can't own another business....I married a banker, until I could not take their shit anymore, she recently resigned and went back to school/controlling my business. The author is "spot on"

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by iamadedotun(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
still tryin to comprehend why sum ppl would just COPIED & PASTE any trash,untrue articles from some crook BLOGs to nairaland just for attention sake. MR WRITER.u ave little knowledge about the banking system
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by lolaluv1(f): 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
JUSTbuchi:
Op some of what you wrote up there ain't true

My elder bro works in a bank,diamond bank precisely and he has accounts in gtb and first bank

Secondly he's married to a banker who works in same diamond bank

The management definitely doesn't know about the marriage....

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by jtjohn(m): 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
ednut1:
clearly the author has never worked in a bank . some are lies, *most bankers transfer their salary to other banks immediately it is paid to other banks * many bankers have other businesses like farms, car sales business etc * some people work in banks to gain experience/escape boredom, the money they are being paid is not up to 5% of what they get from their rich parents * u can get married to ur co worker in a bank like stanbic but must not be in the same unit/dept. stop misleading people angry
you are right, most of this thing are lies.
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Damfostopper(m): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
endtime banking jobs

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
This OP, you be H.R, Corporate Affairs abi Internal control?
I just dey look you since. grin

Some of these rules are there, but working with all of them might make the work too rigid or probably no time to adhere to all (e.g) Integrity test, who has that time every week? undecided

Y'all should take it easy on the OP, his list isn't encompassing, it might vary from bank to bank....na wa o
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Burger01(m): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
ZACHIE:
I can't count how many bankers I've given money to.
Some even will ask for it korokoro
Don't mind the Op smiley
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
ednut1:
making assumptions/conclusions from beer parlour gists
OP is a buruku, a classic example of a Zoogerian product.
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by menix(m): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
ednut1:

Oga u re the wrong fellow, cous u ve not worked in one..

All what he said is a law but they re quite old so they don't really hold as long as non gets u into issue..

If Stanbic allows employee marriages, that is a one off thing.

There are funds u don't allow into ur salary account except u want the RICO torch lighting ur activities...

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by isuomo: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
Oga O.P I know a couple who work in GTB, they got married in the same branch but the hubby was then transferred to Head Office today he is an AGM and the wife HOP in a branch here in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
Slavery
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by freezy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Doubt the OP at your own risk.

These practices are real.

You'll be shocked it is one of the criteria used when laying off in some Banks.

For fresh bankers who currently are flouting these rules one way or the other, get your staff handbook and study it religiously. It could be a life saver. There is a reason they tell you to attest with your signature that you have read and understood all that has been stated therein.

All the best, people.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Bom4Real: 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
THE writer IS 90 percent correct,THE summary of Banking Job IS that If You are Not smart,They will Use and dumb u
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by menix(m): 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
isuomo:
Oga O.P I know a couple who work in GTB, they got married in the same branch but the hubby was then transferred to Head Office today he is an AGM and the wife HOP in a branch here in Lagos.

People should stop saying what they don't know..

It's a law but an old law that staff keep beating..

My Boss then was married to a staff who works at Marina but the wife must maintain her old surname.

Infact my Brother is married to an HR officer yet they re still within the system but on code..
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
isuomo:

Encouraging smiley
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by freezy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
isuomo:

Just a little test... Make his details available and lets forward it to GT Bank's HR. I should be able to locate one or 2 folks in there.

That should clarify if they are allowed to marry, yeh?

Cheers.
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
oga 1guests oya say something undecided wink
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by 123456abc: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
Get your next bank job.....see latest job postings....access recruitment aptitude tests...visit....

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by GboyegaD(m): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
Why should anyone be allowed to use their phones while at work? You are paid and it iya expected that you should be doing the work for which you are paid and not playing with your phone.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
I prefer Teaching to working in a bank. Meanwhile wetin man go do cry
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by dpacesetter(m): 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
ednut1:
Ednut, when you don't know anything is better you keep mute and learn instead of exhibiting your ignorance. I worked in a bank and all what the OP said is right based on the bank policy. But bankers have a way of maneuvering it. And try to read and digest write-up before you comment.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
dpacesetter:

Ednut, when you don't know anything is better you keep mute and learn instead of exhibiting your ignorance. I worked in a bank and all what the OP said is right based on the bank policy. But bankers have a way of maneuvering it. And try to read and digest write-up before you comment.
i have also worked in a bank so i know what i am saying mr man undecided, and i guess u didn't see where i typed 'some are lies'. so u shud alsp stop exhibiting ignorance ignorantly grin angry
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by sammyscholar(m): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
What has this got to do with the topic? Anyways, it is good to have persons like you around. Your comment just got me saying : "what a Bleep!"
Donpoker9:
wasted generation
Re: Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You by butanep(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
Very correct Op...

The Op is very right. For those that keep saying the Op is lying, they don't know how the bank system runs.

When you keep breaching the rules directly or indirectly, they just ignore you till your cup get full. One morning you just come to work and the next thing is your sack letter.

If you are working in the bank, you need to be very smart and cleaver. The smarter you are, the longer your stay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals / Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.