Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

When Last Did You Write A Letter? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When Last Did You Write A Letter? (3139 Views)

A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) / Pls, How Can I Write A Letter To The Commissioner Of Education / How Many Time Did You Write WAEC/GCE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Write A Letter? by SeXyBoNE: 9:33pm On May 21, 2009
, I was just wondering, how many of us still write letters today? or should i say Do some of us even know what NIPOST is all about

Its been a very long time i wrote or receive a letter,  i cnt remember precisly when, but people still work at NIPOST, funny

I wonder what they do there, the ethernet has taken over everything, as for me i think there is not use for NIPOST

Maybe they should turn it in to sumtin else

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SEND OR RECEIVE A LETTER VIA NIPOST??

Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 21, 2009
TWO YEARS AGO SENT LETTERS THROUGH EMS/NIPOST

SEND/RECEIVE LETTERS FREQUENTLY THRU DHL
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by loma(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2009
I write and receive letters through US Postal Services
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by babake81(m): 10:00pm On May 21, 2009
i can't remember when i received an informal letter by post!!!!!!! light-years ago, \
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by yemmydavid(m): 10:09pm On May 21, 2009
Bros, it av tay. Bt i receive stock update,cert, profesional doc n corespondence via nipost
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by SeXyBoNE: 10:12pm On May 21, 2009
do you guys think that our NIPOST is still realy relevant

I cant remember any1 sayin he or she is going to post a letter or xpectin a letter via postoffice
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by rite2salas(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2009
Nipost is so DEAD, Thanks to EMS who's giving NIPOST a cane to lean on.

who write letters nowadays? everybody does email! lol even my illetrate grandfather has mail printed out for him
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by Fimmy(m): 10:21pm On May 21, 2009
when i was in JSS 1.10years ago
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by kheme(m): 10:40pm On May 21, 2009
about 2/3yrs ago, i received some stuff with ems.
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by sparkle3: 10:53pm On May 21, 2009
I sent some things thru NIPOST (not a letter though) lyk 2 months ago and some other things through EMS about 3 months ago and I received stuff through NIPOST late last year. NIPOST is definitely still relevant. Every country should have a postal service and I think they are more efficient believe it or not!
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by templays(m): 11:04pm On May 21, 2009
nipost ke? na internetpost we sabi,
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by templays(m): 11:09pm On May 21, 2009
nipost ke? na internetpost people dey use now
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by MrCrackles(m): 12:28am On May 22, 2009
Topic

Via NIPOST, never! grin
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by YankeeZulu: 12:58am On May 22, 2009
It's been a while since I've sent/received any hand-written letter. What with internet and mobile phones, it will soon reach a point where they won't bother to teach kids how to write in schools. Instead, they'll be instructing them on the intricacies and skills of texting and using YIM. undecided grin
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by klassyguy(m): 2:25am On May 22, 2009
in this age of internet, phone calls and text messages, who wants to waste valuable time nd energy drafting a letter that will take weeks to get to its destination? the only letters i remember writing are those lil notes i draft nd stick to the fdridge telling my brother not to finish all the nacho cheese b4 i get back home.
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by tpiah: 5:34am On May 22, 2009
Mostly professional or business-related letters.

Typed, printed and mailed. That should count.

it wasnt through NIPOST though.
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by oblo(m): 7:12am On May 22, 2009
It ave Tay!!! grin grin grin Since i posted an intra state letter and it tuk like almost a week to get there, shocked shocked
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by sayso: 7:24am On May 22, 2009
sparkle.:

I sent some things thru NIPOST (not a letter though) lyk 2 months ago and some other things through EMS about 3 months ago and I received stuff through NIPOST late last year. NIPOST is definitely still relevant. Every country should have a postal service and I think they are more efficient believe it or not!

no mind the poster,abi ur shares certificate will get to you thru internet,ur application letter to that university overseas will be sent thru internet.
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by Viktorio1: 7:39am On May 22, 2009
Ni[color=#990000]post work force has dratically reduced but not to ZERO level,
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by server34(m): 7:41am On May 22, 2009
sayso:

no mind the poster,abi ur shares certificate will get to you thru internet,ur application letter to that university overseas will be sent thru internet.

U got that outta my mouth. The poster think say na only letters them dey send through NIPOST? What about sending other documents or receiving subscriptions of like magazines, bills or statements. If u no sabi the function of something no mean say e dey useless. . .

Viktor i.o:

Ni[color=#990000]post work force has dratically reduced but not to ZERO level,
Congrats. . . ur first post on nairaland, and so much contribution. Wow!
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by tkb417(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2009
haba
i write letters everyday at work
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by FBS: 7:49am On May 22, 2009
tkb417:

haba
i write letters everyday at work
do you send them by post?
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by deekseen(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2009
I received some pics, a dvd, a season's greetings card and a handwritten letter from a friend in the US about 5 years ago. She slipped some dollar bills in it too. I also received a brochure from TOEFL right about that time. Before then I got my SAT result through the same means. So we can't rule out the importance of Postal Service, though there's still much to be done there. . . i can't entrust them with very vital and urgent documents - i got my SAT result from a friend after i'd made up my mind on my choice of school.
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by biola44: 8:30am On May 22, 2009
i wrote about 3 letters in march, certainly not delivered by nipost, however, i heard they've improved, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by tkb417(m): 8:35am On May 22, 2009
do you send them by post?

Is DHL not by post?
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by shilling(f): 9:05am On May 22, 2009
I write and post letters quite often. Do the latter more often for my mum,
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by otukpo(f): 9:07am On May 22, 2009
tkb417:

Is DHL not by post?

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SEND OR RECEIVE A LETTER VIA NIPOST??

That was the OP's question.
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by Jarus(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2009
The last time I wrote and sent a letter through NIPOST was around 2002, when I sent an article to Punch for publication. Around that time I also replied by post a letter a friend of mine in Yola.

I don't even think I still remember how to write a letter now. It's entirely different from writing e-mail letter.

However, I remember sending a document(not hand written letter) through EMS from Sokoto to Lagos in 2007.
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by maxtop(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2009
E don teyyyyyyyyyyyyy, and the last one i wrote was wen my then gurl friend was in school far away in the north, lol grin
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by candylips(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2009
I haven't written a letter in a very long time o
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by exago(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2009
with email, jeez that's a long time back I guess.
Re: When Last Did You Write A Letter? by chuckvyl(m): 12:21pm On May 22, 2009
Nigerians can be funny.
You just got Internet a few years back and you are calling Nipost out-dated.Meanwhile the people who had Internet and emailing before you are still using effetive postal services.You need to step out of the prison called Nigeria and travel out to advanced countries to know the place of postal services to modern society.It is still relevant guys,it has been evolving with time dear.
I thought the thread should have been "how to make Nipost work better?"
Funny people.
@poster
Postal services do much more than posting your letter(s) okay.
Goodluck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

B U K Post Ume 2011/2012 / Released WAEC Result .'cancelled' Why? / GST112: Philosophy And Human Existence, Term Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.