Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity (6394 Views)

The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
Raphael81:

you dont have to expose ur stupidity in a public forum sir

Have you got an intelligible point to contribute to this thread? undecided
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Raphael81(m): 7:13am On Mar 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Have you got an intelligible point to contribute to this thread? undecided
lol i pity u
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
Raphael81:

lol i pity u

Have you got an axe to grind with me or is it that you just don't agree with the contents of OP? undecided
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Comparison Grid of Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Christianity
by Matt Slick

I hesitate to put this grid up only because I do not want to needlessly assail the Catholic belief system in an offensive manner. However, I cannot help seeing the similarities between Catholicism and some of the cults.

Do I think Catholicism is a cult? No. But I do think it has some very serious theological problems bordering on apostasy imposed upon itself through its history of letting traditions seep into the fabric of Biblical truth.[/b]

Click on the link below for comparisons. smiley

https://carm.org/comparison-grid

See the comparison between these groups.
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Comparison Grid of Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Christianity
by Matt Slick

I hesitate to put this grid up only because I do not want to needlessly assail the Catholic belief system in an offensive manner. However, I cannot help seeing the similarities between Catholicism and some of the cults.

Do I think Catholicism is a cult? No. But I do think it has some very serious theological problems bordering on apostasy imposed upon itself through its history of letting traditions seep into the fabric of Biblical truth.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8968717_capturecomparisonsjwsandrcc1_pngd84d79c6652e1265adfda87087fa69b2

There are many good things in the Catholic Church, but I find it disturbing to see the similarities between itself and the cults--regarding a final earthly authority, non-biblical teachings, claims to be the one true church, exaltation of Mary to semi-goddesshood, the use of images, and adding works to salvation. The Catholics, of course, will complain that this chart is not fair or does not focus on the dissimilarities. Well, they are right in that it does not focus on the dissimilarities which are many. But that isn't the point of this comparison, is it?

The Protestant Reformation happened for a reason: to get back to biblical theology and to be rid of extra-biblical teaching. The counter-cult movement has happened for a reason--to get back to biblical theology and to be rid of extra-biblical teaching.

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.

Comparison Grid revisited.
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Comparison Grid revisited.
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
"Comparison table of Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and Christianity"

I cannot help but see the similarities between Catholicism and some of the cults.

Explore several at: http://ow.ly/lpxf50Nnt8U

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Issue

Specific Church Leader on earth

Catholicism:
The Pope

Mormonism:
The Prophet

Jehovah's Witnesses:
Watchtower Organization

Christianity:
None (except, of course, Jesus)

You are a deluded mumu.
Is William kumyi your specific church leader?

HYPOCRISY gbuo gi dia grin
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 11:56am On Mar 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Source of Theology

Catholicism:
Bible and Tradition

Mormonism:
Bible and additional Scripture

Jehovah's Witnesses:
Bible and Watchtower Organization

Christianity:
Bible

Which Bible verse and chapter did your Deeper life Church Administration law banning intending couples ( on flimsy excuses) from marriage come from?

OLAADEGBU's HYPOCRISY stinks.
grin
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Sample of non-biblical teachings

Catholicism:
Purgatory, Penance, Indulgences, praying to Mary, her assumption.

Mormonism:
Many gods, god from another world, goddess mother, you can become a god.

Jehovah's Witnesses:
Jesus is Michael the Archangel. No blood transfusions, no Hell, 144,000 go to Heaven.

Christianity:
If it isn't taught here, I don't believe it.

There is hell (the grave) in your Bible, Psalms 9:17 (Biblehub).

Deluded HYPOCRITE, did Jesus pay tithes?
And your gods of men support sin.

Your Trinitarian mentors (screenshots evidences) agree that Jesus Christ is archangel Michael.

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Method of Salvation

Catholicism:
Faith, grace, baptism, works

Mormonism:

Jehovah's Witnesses:

Christianity:
Grace through Faith

OLAADEGBU's HYPOCRISY & LYING.
Jehovah's witnesses ,Christianity:

James 2:20-24
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
When Johnny just come Christian talk about the Catholic church l laugh in Latin..

The Catholic church existed before they decided to publish their bible that is the new testament. The new testament is a baby of the Catholic church. They decided what should be there. It was the council of Trent(1553) that gave the node for it to be publish. It has got nothing to do with Christianity..which was already in existence as far back as 430BCE....and started as the worship of Serapis Christus.
The jesus character was created much later to unify the eastern and western region of the Roman empire, that was at the council of Nicea. They have been holding ecumenical councils since then the last being the second Vatican council. The Catholic church has the greater authority, not the bible........

1 Like

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Claim of Authority

Catholicism:
Apostolic Succession.

Mormonism:
Apostolic Succession.

Jehovah's Witnesses:
Being the faithful servant.

Christianity:
In Jesus alone.

Says the HYPOCRITE taught and mentored by kumuyi. grin
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Assets

Catholicism:
Great Wealth and Power

Mormonism:
Great Wealth and Power

Jehovah's Witnesses:
Wealth, not much power

Christianity:
Treasures in Heaven

These HYPOCRITE whose 3 deities teaching them to DUBIOUSLY Rob & fleece their gullible sheeples with gospel of prosperity. grin grin
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
Janosky:

You are a deluded mumu.
Is William kumyi your specific church leader?

HYPOCRISY gbuo gi dia grin

Courz, please come and administer janosky's medication, it is long due. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Courz, please come and administer janosky's medication, it is long due. cheesy

William kumuyi is your specific Church leader.
Stop DECEIVING yourself seeking attention elsewhere
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
Janosky:

William kumuyi is your specific Church leader.
Stop DECEIVING yourself seeking attention elsewhere

My pastor must be living rent free in your mind. cheesy I mostly deal with issues, ideas and doctrines as opposed to you who dwell on personal attacks and personal insults, the difference is clear.

3 Likes

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Issue

My pastor William Kumuyi.. grin grin

Catholicism:
The Pope

Mormonism:
The Prophet

Jehovah's Witnesses:
Watchtower Organization

Christianity:
OLAADEGBU:

.I mostly deal with issues, ideas and doctrines as opposed to you who dwell on personal attacks and personal insults, the difference is clear.

You call others "cults" whereas William kumuyi is your specific Church leader on earth. grin grin
This thread is a testament of your LYING to this forum.
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
Janosky:

You call others "cults" whereas William kumuyi is your specific Church leader on earth. grin grin
This thread is a testament of your LYING to this forum.

Your duty is to convince us why you think I am wrong or open a thread to give us reasons why you believe you are true not by spamming every thread that shows you out to be false. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
"Sorcery in the Roman Catholic Church" Here are three quotes from official Roman Catholic sources that demonstrate a type of sorcery. Follow the link at: http://ow.ly/WOIp50Nntxz

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
"Does the Roman Catholic Church function as an idol to Catholics?" Catholics don’t bow to the Church, nor do they pray to it. But, they look to it for their truth, salvation, and comfort. Read more at: http://ow.ly/yA7p50NntWo

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Your duty is to convince us why you think I am wrong or open a thread to give us reasons why you believe you are true not by spamming every thread that shows you out to be false. smiley
I have responded to your fictitious claim on this thread.

You know you can't refute the evidences PROVEN against you but you now resort to divert attention by making your FALSE claim of spamming. grin

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Mar 26, 2023
Janosky:

I have responded to your fictitious claim on this thread.

You know you can't refute the evidences PROVEN against you but you now resort to divert attention by making your FALSE claim of spamming. grin

What evidence?

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by LordReed(m): 9:48am On Mar 26, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
by Matt Slick

Do I think Catholicism is a cult? No. But I do think it has some very serious theological problems bordering on apostasy imposed upon itself through its history of letting traditions seep into the fabric of Biblical truth.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8968717_capturecomparisonsjwsandrcc1_pngd84d79c6652e1265adfda87087fa69b2

There are many good things in the Catholic Church, but I find it disturbing to see the similarities between itself and the cults--regarding a final earthly authority, non-biblical teachings, claims to be the one true church, exaltation of Mary to semi-goddesshood, the use of images, and adding works to salvation. The Catholics, of course, will complain that this chart is not fair or does not focus on the dissimilarities. Well, they are right in that it does not focus on the dissimilarities which are many. But that isn't the point of this comparison, is it?

The Protestant Reformation happened for a reason: to get back to biblical theology and to be rid of extra-biblical teaching. The counter-cult movement has happened for a reason--to get back to biblical theology and to be rid of extra-biblical teaching.

LoLz. He excluded Founding Pastor/Daddy GO and tradition from the list on the Protestant side because most of them have not been around long enough for those things to establish themselves. Look at Redeemed, do they not have tradition and have the central figure of Daddy GO?
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. He excluded Founding Pastor/Daddy GO and tradition from the list on the Protestant side because most of them have not been around long enough for those things to establish themselves. Look at Redeemed, do they not have tradition and have the central figure of Daddy GO?
OLAADEGBU:

What evidence?
Raphael81:
you dont have to expose ur stupidity in a public forum sir
OLAA, slave of kumuyi,You don't have to expose your stupidity in a public forum & pretend your Daddy G.O is not your specific Church leader whose doctrines you swallow like Ewedu & Amala. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
LordReed:

No mind that kumuyi slave.

Kumuyi cult member grin
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by Janosky: 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Issue

Catholicism:
The Pope

Mormonism:
The Prophet

Jehovah's Witnesses:
Watchtower Organization

Christianity:

Deluded kumuyi slave LYING to himself. grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7647938/stop-calling-me-biggest-daddy
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
by Matt Slick

Explore the: "Comparison table of Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and Christianity." at: https://carm.org/roman-catholicism/comparison-table-of-roman-catholicism-mormonism-jehovahs-witnesses-and-christianity-cults/
#Bible
#Theology
#Apologetics
#Religions
#Christianity
#MattSlick

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Explore the: "Comparison table of Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and Christianity." at: https://carm.org/roman-catholicism/comparison-table-of-roman-catholicism-mormonism-jehovahs-witnesses-and-christianity-cults/
#Bible
#Theology
#Apologetics
#Religions
#Christianity
#MattSlick

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

The above is what makes Kumuyi a false prophet! Matthew 7:16-18

With all his noise here and there members of his church are still into politics and military services which means if Tinubu and Weah should quarrel today your Deeperlife member in Liberia will carry weapons to kill you whereas Jehovah's Witnesses will be on the look out to rescue our own brothers both in Nigeria and Liberia because we are no part of the world {John 17:16} under the control of Satan the killer! John 8:44

Deal with that! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3
do you understand what you just quoted. you know this part disqualifies you too...The earlier the better

The above is what makes Kumuyi a false prophet! Matthew 7:16-18

With all his noise here and there members of his church are still into politics and military services which means if Tinubu and Weah should quarrel today your Deeperlife member in Liberia will carry weapons to kill you whereas Jehovah's Witnesses will be on the look out to rescue our own brothers both in Nigeria and Liberia because we are no part of the world {John 17:16} under the control of Satan the killer! John 8:44

Deal with that! wink
Jehovah's witnesses are the worst of them all...
Re: Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

do you understand what you just quoted. you know this part disqualifies you too...The earlier the better
Jehovah's witnesses are the worst of them all...

The final part of the prophecy gave us exactly what will be the result if it's from the God of Abraham:

"He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore" Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3

Once the above has been achieved anyone who doubts the authenticity of such laws is not sane!

That's why i keep asking you to present the organization of those using the Torah to achieve what is written in that prophecy in fact the God of Abraham has laid a heavy CURSE on anyone who claims he or she is a Jew but disbelieve Jesus of Nazareth that's why they can never ever find peace anywhere they go with their hopeless, worthless, useless and stupid Torah.

But if you don't believe me just present any organized people living by your Torah and let's see how they can fulfil what these two prophets said about God's people in the last days! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World Or Prophet Muhammad (saw) / Prophetic Prayer Points For The Month Of April / The Essence Of Celebrating Good Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.