Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! (6066 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At London Heathrow With Omokri / #presidentialmediachat According To @mbuhari Will Goodluck Jonathan Go To Jail? / Will Jonathan Go To Jail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by johnydon22(m): 12:42am On Nov 21, 2015
[b]Many would think that this would be another platform where someone lays out the achievements of Goodluck Jonathan and compare it with that of Muhammadu Buhari..

But this is not the case because as a matter of fact i find that to be an unfair comparison since obviously President Muhammadu Buhari has not stayed up to even 1 year in office talk more of completing his 4 year tenure.

This year perhaps was one of the few years in the history of Nigeria that saw an outstanding political show, a gigantic political play that will not easily be erased in the history of this nation.

I was thinking about the whole political saga, the activities, the endless debates, campaigns and promises, the chants and feverish excitement of the whole event and a question kept ringing in my mind which probably many of us here might be nursing.

What were we thinking?

-What was Nigeria thinking
-what was our youths thinking

If you ask me this will be a question that will haunt many in the coming years as the events the years hold are revealed, this will be a question that many will have no choice but to ask as they make comparisons of what they regarded as a clueless past to what they chanted as a CHANGE future.

This political year was a shame to us the youths of this nation, it was a huge slap to our face and an embarrassing show of another shameful recycling of a past leader..

In the 1999 elections, Nigeria saw one recycling of a past leader in the person of Olesegun Obasanjo who was once a military head of state.

2015 we saw another recycling of another past leader who also was once a military head of state.

These Old men - I choose to call them but agree or not that is what they are joined the political field of Nigeria as Vibrant youths.

-We have been chanting that we are the leaders of tomorrow but The fathers of yesterday who were once the leaders of their own tomorrow are still yet the leaders of our today if not our tomorrow already

Is this our fate, our legacy?

To continue chanting under the hot sun for the old men who had their chance spanning over 40 years to make things right but didn't and yet again have handed over the polical reins of our country.

- What were we thinking when we voted out a 58 year old man to recycle a 73 year old under the chant of CHANGE?

What are we changing when we are only moving back in time recycling past leaders?

- What were we thinking when we voted out silent actions and consistent gradual development for a smark soup of highly volatile noise making and unending propaganda.?

-what were we thinking when we voted out a true Democratic leader, educated, gentle and compassionate only to replace him with a half schooled, military mind in civilian regalia?

-what were we thinking when we voted out a peaceful Democrat
I've always affirmed, nobody's ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian.
only to replace him with one that threatens violence in the face of competition that possess lose?

“If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in
2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in
blood.’’
What were we thinking?

- What were we thinking when we turned against humility in governance

In presenting myself for service, I make no pretense that I have a magic wand that will solve all of Nigeria’s problems or that I am the most intelligent Nigerian.
for a show of military background body language.

-What were we thinking when we voted out a man who understood the demands of a 21st century world, a man who understood that SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY is what determines the development of a nation and not oil in this present world, an ever evolving world ..

In exchange for one who was delusional enough to think he could stabilize global oil prize and make 1 dollar equal to 1 naira betraying stark illiteracy in common economic principles. . . what were we thinking when we believed such baseless promises?

Goodluck Jonathan may not be a tough somebody with any form of military Aura that might instill intimidation on the people around him in order to ensure submission to his principles but let us be truthful to ourselves he (Goodluck Jonathan) had good intentions and took this nation on a ride of slow, steady and gradual development but we were too quick minded to notice it... "Development as i know it is always a gradual but consistent process"

He promised Nigerians freedom to make their choice in peace and he gave us that, now we have made that choice like a severe case of willful hypnosis we settled for less sold in a platter of more.

I know Goodluck was not a perfect man, he had his flaws and weakness like every other human and the people around him might have constituted to the many loop holes in his tenure but he was a far more better and effective option that what we chose in place of him.

Before these coming years fully play out many of us would wish We had not lost faith in Goodluck Jonathan, many of us would wish he would come back or we could undo our choices

I have always considered myself to be apolitical which made me not even bother participating in the last election something i regret but i have learnt that it taught and affirmed Plato's philosophy to me.

He said One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being ruled by your inferiors

The adamancy of the youths to step into the political pitch of this country has relegated us to a pitiable state where we stay in the sun chanting and singing praises for the past incompetent old men of yesterdays as they devour our own turn to make things Happen.

It is either we step up and take back our tomorrow from our old fathers or we keep living in the shadows of the old men who had once had their own turn during their own time but yet unfortunately still running the show when it's our own time.

Is it that we have no Competent and qualified youths among us that we settle for shameful kakistocracy .. In all sincerity i do hope that Our present government under President Muhammadu Buhari works out well for us, i would have prayed for that if i believed in such.

But with what is being played out now and the unsure promises of a pregnant 3 and a quarter years to come i hope it won't come to the point we would wish we never let Goodluck Jonathan Go
[/b]

30 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 21, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Many would think that this would be another platform where someone lays out the achievements of Goodluck Jonathan and compare it with that of Muhammadu Buhari..

But this is not the case because as a matter of fact i find that to be an unfair comparison since obviously President Muhammadu Buhari has not stayed up to even 1 year in office talk more of completing his 4 year tenure.

This year perhaps was one of the few years in the history of Nigeria that saw an outstanding political show, a gigantic political play that will not easily be erased in the history of this nation.

I was thinking about the whole political saga, the activities, the endless debates, campaigns and promises, the chants and feverish excitement of the whole event and a question kept ringing in my mind which probably many of us here might be nursing.

What were we thinking?

-what was our youth thinking

If you ask me this will be a question that will haunt many in the coming years as the events the years hold are revealed, this will be a question that many will have no choice but to ask as they make comparisons of what they regarded as a clueless past to what they chanted as a CHANGE future.

This political year was a shame to us the youths of this nation, it was a huge slap to our face and an embarrassing show of another shameful recycling of a past leader..

In the 1999 elections, Nigeria saw one recycling of a past leader in the person of Olesegun Obasanjo who was once a military head of state.

2015 we saw another recycling of another past leader who also was once a military head of state.

These Old men - I choose to call them but agree or not that is what they are joiner the political field of Nigeria as Vibrant youths.

-We have been chanting that we are the leaders of tomorrow but The fathers of yesterday who were once the leaders of their own tomorrow are still yet the leaders of our tomorrow if not our tomorrow already

To continue chanting under the hot sun for the old men who had their chance spanning over 40 years to make things right but didn't and yet again are handed over the polical reins of our country.

- What were we thinking when we voted out a 58 year old man to recycle a 73 year old under the chant of CHANGE?

What are we changing when we are only moving back in time recycling past leaders?

- What were we thinking when we voted out silent actions and consistent gradual development for a smark soup of highly volatile noise making and unending propaganda.?

-what were we thinking when we voted out a true Democratic leader, educated, gentle and compassionate only to replace him with a half schooled, military mind in civilian regalia?

only to replace him with one that threatens violence in the face of competition that possess lose?

What were we thinking?

-What were we thinking when we voted out a man who understood the demands of a 21st century world, a man who understood that SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY is what determines the development of a nation and not oil in this present world, an ever evolving world ..

In exchange for one who was delusional enough to think he could stabilize global oil prize and make 1 dollar equal to 1 naira betraying stark illiteracy in common economic principles. . . what were we thinking when we believed such baseless promises?

Goodluck Jonathan may not be a tough somebody with any form of military Aura that might instill intimidation on the people around him in order to ensure submission to his principles but let us be truthful to ourselves he (Goodluck Jonathan) had good intentions and took this nation on a ride of slow, steady and gradual development but we were too quick minded to notice it.

He promised Nigerians freedom to make their choice in peace and he gave us that, now we have made that choice like a severe case of willful hypnosis we settled for less sold in a platter of more.

I know Goodluck was not a perfect man, he had his flaws and weakness like every other human and the people around him might have constituted to the many loop holes in his tenure but he was a far more better and effective option that what we chose in place of him.

Before these coming years fully play out many of us would wish We had not lost faith in Goodluck Jonathan, many of us would wish he would come back or we could undo our choices

I have always considered myself to be apolitical which made me not even bother participating in the last election something i regret but i have learnt that is taught and affirmed Plato's philosophy to me.

He said One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being ruled by your inferiors

The adamancy of the youths to step into the political pitch of this country has relegated us to a pitiable state where we stay in the sun chanting and singing praises for the past incompetent old men of yesterdays as they devour our own turn to make things Happen.

It is either we step up and take back our tomorrow from our old fathers or we keep living in the shadows of the old men who had once had their own turn during their own time but yet unfortunately still running the show when it's our own time.

Is it that we have no Competent and qualified youths among us that we settle for shameful kakistocracy ..

we would wish we never let Goodluck Jonathan Go
[/b]
hmm. I never knew u as a political analyst.

but what da fu** u doing by this time of the nig
Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by talktonase(m): 12:53am On Nov 21, 2015
Nigeria a country with no future!
Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by Adebowhales(m): 1:23am On Nov 21, 2015
Abeg who program 'End time' for lasisi69's brain ni? Abeg make the person go tusile o0o,
Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 21, 2015
This impressive masterpiece exposes the tearful ignorance of the Nigerian youth as well as the coven-like greed of the aged political elites.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by genearts(m): 1:33am On Nov 21, 2015
All I see is wailing

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 21, 2015
johnydon22:

What were we thinking?

-what was our youths thinking

These Old men - I choose to call them but agree or not that is what they are joined the political field of Nigeria as Vibrant youths.

-We have been chanting that we are the leaders of tomorrow but The fathers of yesterday who were once the leaders of their own tomorrow are still yet the leaders of our today if not our tomorrow already

To continue chanting under the hot sun for the old men who had their chance spanning over 40 years to make things right but didn't and yet again have handed over the polical reins of our country.

What were we thinking?

Goodluck Jonathan may not be a tough somebody with any form of military Aura that might instill intimidation on the people around him in order to ensure submission to his principles but let us be truthful to ourselves he (Goodluck Jonathan) had good intentions and took this nation on a ride of slow, steady and gradual development but we were too quick minded to notice it... "Development as i know it is always a gradual but consistent process"

I have always considered myself to be apolitical which made me not even bother participating in the last election something i regret but i have learnt that it taught and affirmed Plato's philosophy to me.

Is it that we have no Competent and qualified youths among us that we settle for shameful kakistocracy .. In all sincerity i do hope that Our present government under President Muhammadu Buhari works out well for us, i would have prayed for that if i believed in such.

But with what is being played out now and the unsure promises of a pregnant 3 and a quarter years to come i hope it won't come to the point we would wish we never let Goodluck Jonathan Go
[/b]

Posterity and god would never forgive Nigerians for voting in this deliberately induced error called d daura bastard. I raised issues concerning this offline and online, I was threatened even on nairaland. I almost lost my job because I stood for the truth. Thank god, I and my family have migrated out of the country after d daura bastard was sworn in. Let Nigerians face d consequences of their action.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 21, 2015
genearts:
All I see is wailing

That is all you will always see, because you are a fool

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by ninovandross(m): 2:02am On Nov 21, 2015
Okay, jonah can try again next election if he is the better man for the job

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by bokohalal(m): 2:07am On Nov 21, 2015
Good riddance to rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by pus22: 2:08am On Nov 21, 2015
Nigeria let good luck Jonathan go because he was using 6 zones. There is nothing call 6 zones..

Jonathan is not coming back as head of state. So don't waste your time on him. Because the people hated his 6 zones..

You can see the people go out and shout Biafra.

It was enough reason to remove Jonathan. Nobody who will ever bring back 6 zones. Will rule

Jonathan is finished politically. He can only become a governor of his state or senator.

But when it comes to president of Nigeria. It will never happen. Even if he signs agreement with Buhari. The people will never allow Him. Back to power.
Or any human who want 6 zone

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by sammyj: 4:06am On Nov 21, 2015
The OP should be given the award of is the biggest slave f*ol of the century! !!! shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by Adminisher: 4:54am On Nov 21, 2015
Actually we are wishing we never get someone like him again. Any politicians wearing bowler hats will come under close scrutiny. Nigeria cannot survive another round of clueless leadership.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by banki(m): 5:09am On Nov 21, 2015
What is your basis of comparisim

When Jonathan came into power as president he was already a former governor and an acting president, so by your logic mr op I will also call him recycled?

Jonathan came in as president when oil prices were a record high buhari came in when oil prices were a record low

Yaradua left jonathan with a healthy economy all jona was expected to do was to take it to another level, but jonathan left nigeria with an almost comatose economy for buhari to fix

Yet in almost 7months of buharis existance over 28states had not paid workers salaries,even the fedral government had to borrow to pay salaries now you are writing long epistle

I ask what is the basis of comparism?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 21, 2015
Most of dis APC e-rats are yet to bliv APC was a scam. To dem, dey are stil dream.
So help a broda by wakin he/she from dat slumber

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by coolitempa(f): 5:29am On Nov 21, 2015
Jona was daft......I am glad he is gone... A corrupt poorly educated weakling who was lacking in authority or conviction...... sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by bnovative(m): 5:31am On Nov 21, 2015
Great post but it is sad majority of the youths can't see through objectivity; some are ignorant.
The youths who think buhari should print more money to cushion the effect of depression, don't posses the intellectual capacity to understand ur views.
expect insult!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by coldFLARES1(m): 5:39am On Nov 21, 2015
banki:

When Jonathan came into power as president he was already a former governor and an acting president, so by your logic mr op I will also call him recycled?

Jonathan came in as president when oil prices were a record high buhari came in when oil prices were a record low

Yaradua left jonathan with a healthy economy all jona was expected to do was to take it to another level, but jonathan left nigeria with an almost comatose economy for buhari to fix

Yet in almost 7months of buharis existance over 28states had not paid workers salaries,even the fedral government had to borrow to pay salaries now you are writing long epistle

Don't you just feel sorry for those horrible dimwits and their pathetic fixation for the return of a plunderer?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by coldFLARES1(m): 5:55am On Nov 21, 2015
Mr Op, what were you thinking when you wished Nigerians returned Jonathan to power when you failed to remember that he had to borrow to pay salaries in April when oil was still selling above $50 per bbl and NOI had to justify a request for a further and related loan of $2bn by saying we were under-borrowed by whatever standards she saw in her dreams? What were you thinking when you failed to realise that PMB is earning less but hasn't had to borrow to pay salaries in 7months? Wish for whatever you like, but do well to find an appropriate yardstick to benchmark conduct, earnings and performance make bad belle no kill you!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by kaybills(m): 6:09am On Nov 21, 2015
banki:

but most of those states owing backlogs of salary then Were majorly APC states. Osun state ranking the worst. Why APC states? Anyway its bygone now cos we know the drill

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by double0seven(m): 6:17am On Nov 21, 2015
Everyday, new discoveries about the plundering of our resources that went on under GEJ keeps coming out. The most recent one is that of National Security Adviser Dasuki and the Army chiefs who plundered resources while the military and civilans were killed like rats.

You must be crazy upstairs for your suggestion. Didn't bother to read your essay because I know he must be full of crap. Jonathan's years of misrule and national plundering of our resources is the reason we are in a financial and economic mess right now.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by genearts(m): 8:41am On Nov 21, 2015
DrDauda:

You are fat mother.fucking drunk bastard.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by genearts(m): 8:41am On Nov 21, 2015
DrDauda:

You are a fat mother.fucking drunk bastard.
Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by ibisko04: 11:24am On Nov 21, 2015
Your opinion and observation are subjected to make positive or negative feedback after three years of this administration.
With what we are discovering every day about the immediate past administration deals that went wrong, I personally don't think Nigerians made any mistake in sending GEJ out of Aso rock.
The rotten system Gej and his cabinet created coupled with the decay of many years of maladministration is not a problem that will go in a jiffy.
If this new administration fail to take account of what is wrong and how to get away from the wreckage of yesterday, we will continue to sink down the murky water .
As for the young generations taking over the reign of power, I am with you on this subject matter.
But the youths of todays are not showing up in the right way to get what belongs to them.
Naturally, I support Buhari now because when things are not going according to the order, elders are invited to meddle things to right way.
No body can deny the gains in the last six months.
Yes, we are all anxiously waiting for the goodies to start rolling in, but a little bit of corrections period is needed.
Something good is coming over to us in Nigeria.
Let us know that now.
Change is not easy but endurance with change is what we need more than anything else now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by banki(m): 11:36am On Nov 21, 2015
kaybills:
but most of those states owing backlogs of salary then Were majorly APC states. Osun state ranking the worst. Why APC states? Anyway its bygone now cos we know the drill

What are you saying? I am not hear to argue apc or pdp with you because all the state government are guilty of waste.

Osun state on the other hand was not the only state owing ever heard of benue state? Ever heard of kogi state? Ever heard of pleateu state? Ever heard of ebonyi state? They are all guilty both apc and pdp states and they were all owing between 3months and 9months salaries so who and what told you osun was the worst?
Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by hahn(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2015
Who go give johnydon22 weed smoke? tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by neolboy(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2015
They had starting regretting especially those who were chanting chanjiiiii
Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by bytemeister(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
hahn:

me self been dey wonder oo grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by johnydon22(m): 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
hahn:
Hahahahaha mumu tongue seriously i can't get over the fact that old men that have been ruling since Adam are still ruling us in the 21st century.. Its embarrassing
Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by hahn(m): 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha mumu tongue seriously i can't get over the fact that old men that have been ruling since Adam are still ruling us in the 21st century.. Its embarrassing

Tell me about it but GEJ is not an option. You should have used your erudition to campaign for youths to take the responsibility of leadership and NOT a clueless person in GEJ. Now, THAT'S ambarassing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by EternalTruths: 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
Op

Please blame the slaves down south who chanted CHANGE out of ethno religious hatred. cool
Re: Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! by johnydon22(m): 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
hahn:

Tell me about it but GEJ is not an option. You should have used your erudition to campaign for youths to take the responsibility of leadership and NOT a clueless person in GEJ. Now, THAT'S ambarassing

I am not campaigning for GEJ, He already have moved on. . . I am only ashamed that we settled for less thinking we are going for more.

GEJ had his flaws but PMB was never supposed to be an option in the first place... I don't want to believe we can't find better..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP National Caretaker Committee: Sheriff In Consistent Falsehood / Top 25 Minority Ethnic Groups In Nigeria Based On Number Of Lgas They Occupy. / Mad Man Who Built The First Storey Building In Enugu Community (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.