Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,423 members, 7,958,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:36 AM

Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out (2706 Views)

Its Time To Push The Ijaw Militants Out Of Lagos,ogun / Things You Need To Know About The Ijaw People / Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by Oshovie(m): 11:12am On Nov 21, 2015
1. The Ijaw is the only ethnic nation with over 9 distinct languages Izon, Kalabari, Epie-Atissa, Nembe, Ogbia, Okirika, Engenni, Andoni, etc

2. Ijaw is the only ethnic group with about 10 different sub-ethnic groups.

3. Ijaw is the only ethnic group in the South-South with native ethnic people spreaded across different states: Bayelsa, Delta, Ondo, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom.

4. Ijaw is the ethnic group with the most beautiful swarthy woman in Africa (according to Miss World's organizers).

5. Ijaw is the third most powerful ethnic group in Nigeria; after Hausa and Yoruba. When the Ijaw nation speaks the entire federation listens.

6. Ijaw is the ethnic group with one of the most fertile women in the world. Sterility isn't common among Ijaw women. Hence, the over-population of Ijaw communities.

7. Ijaw is the most economically viable ethnic group in Nigeria. Its home is the base of Nigeria's oil and gas industires.

8. Ijaw is the currently the only Nigerian ethnic group that can survive fully as an independent nation: with minerals and human resources, a flourishing fishing industry (which was one of the earliest backbone of the Japanese economy); and very good location: proximity to the Atlantic Ocean.

9. Ijaw is the most culturally diversed ethnic group. Imagine an 11-in-1 ethnic nation; meaning about eleven different cultures and sub-cultures in one nation.

10. Ijaw is the only ethnic group in Nigeria to have produced a president that conceeded defeat.

11. Ijaw is the only Nigerian ethnic group to have produced a politician nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

12. Ijaw is the only ethnic nation with people who don't know that they belong to it. For example, a lot of Opobo, Engenni, Bonny, Andoni and even Epie-Atissa people don't know that they belong to the Ijaw nation.

13. Ijaw is the only Nigerian ethnic group where men answer such wierd English names like Boyle, Briggs, Goodman, Truman, Moneyman, Honorable, Pastor, etc.
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by INTROVERT(f): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by Rossikk(m): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2015
op, your title should read 'make', not 'makes'. Thanks.
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by illiad: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2015
Is that all you can think of?

Because I was expecting you to list their most popular traits...

1. Ijaws are the most unreliable people in Nigeria.

2. Ijaw lands, that is if they have one, remains the poorest and less developed in the entire southern Nigeria.

3. That Jonathan became president has absolutely nothing to do with Ijaw or Ijaws, but sheer chance and goodwill of Nigerians.

4. That Opobo is not Ijaw land and neither are opobos Ijaw

5. That in Nigeria, bayelsa state of which Ijaw is majority is one of the least attractive places in Nigeria irrespective of the fact that bayelsa is an oil producing state.

6. That Ijaws till date have produced nobody of note besides, Jp Clark my man, and Jonathan who happens to be the actual child of circumstance.

7. That the niger delta amnesty program which was hijacked by Ijaws have done nothing but kept Ijaws more lazy and less creative than they were before the program.

8. That Ijaws are known to Nigerians as drunks.

9. That as we speak, Ijaws still drink from the same water they defecate.

10. That in not far future, Ijaws and whatever is left of their land, that is if they have any, would be useless to Nigeria and Ijaws themselves.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 21, 2015
Lol is this a joke or something....

What about your achievements??
That was what I was rushing to come and see as what I saw up there is unverifiable humor
grin grin grin
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by itstpia8: 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
they have the longest names too, I should think.
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by nabzguy: 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
illiad:

2. Ijaw lands, that is if they have one, remains the poorest and less developed in the entire southern Nigeria.

3. That Jonathan became president has absolutely nothing to do with Ijaw or Ijaws, but sheer chance and goodwill of Nigerians.

5. That in Nigeria, bayelsa state of which Ijaw is majority is one of the least attractive places in Nigeria irrespective of the fact that bayelsa is an oil producing state.

6. That Ijaws till date have produced nobody of note besides, Jp Clark my man, and Jonathan who happens to be the actual child of circumstance.

7. That the niger delta amnesty program which was hijacked by Ijaws have done nothing but kept Ijaws more lazy and less creative than they were before the program.

10. That in not far future, Ijaws and whatever is left of their land, that is if they have any, would be useless to Nigeria and Ijaws themselves.
Are u high on mess?
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by vedaxcool(m): 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
illiad:

HAH Shoki HAH
Seriously this is major killing, please apologise to the high Ijaw council for this unprovoked attacks.
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by Abagworo(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
How are the Epie people Ijaw? Because they are in Bayelsa maybe but I don't understand Engenni and Andonni being Ijaw in any way. Nothing suggests such. Kalabari, Bonny, Opobo, Okrika are Riverine people but Ijaw I can't tell until they affirm.
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by HopeAtHand: 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
Abagworo:
How are the Epie people Ijaw? Because they are in Bayelsa maybe but I don't understand Engenni and Andonni being Ijaw in any way. Nothing suggests such. Kalabari, Bonny, Opobo, Okrika are Riverine people but Ijaw I can't tell until they affirm.

Don't mind them, in their quest to overbloat their population, almost every ethnic group is now Ijaw. Ijaw is now a franchise to them, where they can carry Ijaw tag and hand on nationalities.

Engenni, Andoni, Abua are now Ijaw.. i even heard Ndoki is Ijaw.
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by coolscott(m): 12:57am On Jul 28, 2016
Abagworo:
[size=13pt]The OP is even wrong because all Bonny, Kalabari and Okrika people know they are Ijaw. They understand each other when they speak.[/size]
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by MorningLight(m): 1:08am On Jul 28, 2016
ijaw is also the most uneducated ethnic group in Nigeria apart from the hausa/fulani...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by kikake: 1:30am On Jul 28, 2016
MorningLight:
ijaw is also the most uneducated ethnic group in Nigeria apart from the hausa/fulani...

Your ill-educated mind told you that.
It's only an educated group that concedes power without a fight.

The Fula/Hausa you named couldn't stand OBJ in power, hence they adopted sharia criminal justice system in their areas. Shortly after, Boko Haram which says it's fighting for a territory or country to be governed through Islamic Sharia Criminal Codes emerged until power went back to the Fula/Hausa on May 29, 2015. Boko gradually started to close shops thereafter.
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by nabzguy: 12:06am On Aug 24, 2016
Abagworo:
Everything suggests they are of the Ijoid group, their culture, language, dressing etc. Note* we have different block eg Western Ijo( Ilajes of ondo states,Delta state up until lagos even to Adamawa state, a people from the Bille extraction of the Kalabaris although overtaken by the culture of the fulani/hausa, Eastern Ijo(Riverien e.g Okrikas, Kalabaris, Igbanis-Bonny and Opobo, Abua, Engenni etc. Southern Ijo(in Bayelsa) others include the Nembes' Andoni etc. Ijaw is a nation on its right.
Saying the aforementioned are not Ijaws is like saying the Ijebus' are not yorubas or even Epes of lagos are not yorubas
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by leofab(f): 12:21am On Aug 24, 2016
Story
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by Sinistami(m): 9:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
Proudly Ijaw o but some of the facts are untrue joor.
Re: Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out by femo122: 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
So true

(1) (Reply)

How To Explain Dasuki's $2bn Scam To Governor Fayose! / How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos / PHOTOS: Bad State Of A Govt School In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.