Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

NDLEA Chairman Accused Of Compromising War Against Illicit Drugs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Chairman Accused Of Compromising War Against Illicit Drugs (459 Views)

Viral Photos Of El-rufai's Son In Compromising Situations / Ahmadu Giade, NDLEA Chairman, Bows Out Of Office; Roli-Bode George Acting / Breaking.. NDLEA Chairman, Giade, Bows Out, Hands Over To D-G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Chairman Accused Of Compromising War Against Illicit Drugs by mbulela: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2015
21 Nov 2015

The problems of illicit/narcotic drugs in the country have been compounded and the drug war terribly compromised by those appointed/employed and remunerated to combat illicit drugs.

Paul Audu, Chief Superintendent of Narcotics, NDLEA, stated this in his petition to President Muhammadu Buhari, titled ‘Re: N.D.L.E.A.’S Chairman/Chief Executive’s (Alhaji Ahmadu Giade’s) Fraternity With Drug Barons; How I Am Being Persecuted For Waging War Against Drug Barons.’

When we called Giade to get his response to the allegations, he neither picked his call not called back.

Audu, a lawyer, said he had earlier sent the petition dated 24th July, 2015 to former President Goodluck Jonanthan, but that the investigation was “blatantly compromised” and “made me a scapegoat. Hence, I deem it imperative to revive the petition for proper re-investigation in the interest of our beloved country, with the understanding that it is no longer business as usual.”

The Chief of Narcotics said, in the petition made available to THISDAY, that he arrested a known drug baron and was in the process of arresting four others when he was allegedly posted out of Lagos, where the investigation was taking place, by the Chief Executive of NDLEA to stall it.

Audu said, “I was singularly instrumental to the arrest of one of the most notorious and volatile/dreaded and wanted international drug Baron by name Akindele Ikumuloyi, in Lagos in March, 2006, after an enduring and painstaking surveillance spanning over a period of about one and half years.
“I also singularly traced his landed properties in 13 different locations in Lagos even several months before his arrest. I was equally equipped with avalanche of information that could immediately lead to the arrest of four other drug barons and I had cause to discuss same with the Chairman/Chief Executive (Alhaji Ahmadu Giade ) in confidence.

“Surprisingly, however, Alhaji Ahmadu Giade, who felt I was out to take bread and butter off his table by arresting Akindele and further planning to arrest some other Drug Barons, personally and punitively posted me out from Lagos to Adamawa/Taraba States Commands of the Agency immediately to keep me away from his flocks and has abandoned me there in bad faith for the past nine years as against the three-yearly postings of my colleagues while he has refused to promote me for an upward of about 10 years now, thereby making me to serve under and take directives from my juniors whom he has now elevated far above me.”

He urged President Buhari to investigate his petition on account of the ordeal he was passing through and for his subsequent suspension from work without pay, saying it was “for no other reason than my patriotic zeal and determination to fight drug war to the root which Alhaji Ahmadu Giade sees as being counter-productive to his selfish pecuniary interest.”

Nigeria, he said “has never had it so bad like it is now under Alhaji Ahmadu Giade’s 10 years administration. It is common knowledge that illicit/drugs have taken over our country so much so that it has now become openly and cheaply available on our streets, motor parks, markets, schools etc. we all can attest to the fact that the quantum of drug abuse in Nigeria today is higher and worse than when there was no Agency to control or combat illicit/narcotic drugs.

“This is because Giade would not allow NDLEA officers to arrest the real drug barons who are the real problems of the society but whom he is benefitting from. As a matter of fact, NDLEA officers know who the barons are and how to get them arrested, but touch drug barons and you will have Giade to contend with.”

He cited the case of Kashamu as an example, saying he was untouchable until former President Olusegun Obasanjo waded into the matter.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ndlea-chairman-accused-of-compromising-war-against-illicit-drugs/226243/
Re: NDLEA Chairman Accused Of Compromising War Against Illicit Drugs by maupe: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2015
Everyday we see ambition driven greedy people claiming they wrote letters against their boss during the GEJ years. It is now a biblical law, that if you want favour with this new government, just claim that GEJ stopped you from fighting corruption, and almost instantly, you will be rewarded.
Re: NDLEA Chairman Accused Of Compromising War Against Illicit Drugs by mbulela: 11:37am On Nov 21, 2015
maupe:
Everyday we see ambition driven greedy people claiming they wrote letters against their boss during the GEJ years. It is now a biblical law, that if you want favour with this new government, just claim that GEJ stopped you from fighting corruption, and almost instantly, you will be rewarded.
Do you blame them?
Sycophancy pays in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Work To Begin On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Next Week, Says Buhari / Fuel Scarcity: APC Senators Frustrate Move To Summon Buhari / Kogi: APC Under Pressure To Replace Audu With Son, Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.