Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of (5753 Views)

Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
1- QUAOAR 50000
2 ORCUS 90482
3 SEDNA 90377
4 SAPPHO 80
5 EROS 433
6 PSYCHE 16
7-CHIRON 95P
8 ERIS 136199
9-HAUMEA 136108
10 MAKEMAKE 136472
11 PALLAS-2
12 VESTA-4
13 JUNO-3
14 CESES-1
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Donald3d(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
1- QUAOAR 50000
2 ORCUS 90482
3 SEDNA 90377
4 SAPPHO 80
5 EROS 433
6 PSYCHE 16
7-CHIRON 95P
8 ERIS 136199
9-HAUMEA 136108
10 MAKEMAKE 136472
11 PALLAS-2
12 VESTA-4
13 JUNO-3
14 CESES-1
I promised myself not to say what I am about to say,I don't like joining the crowd.....but .......ENDTIME PLANETS

2 Likes

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
Donald3d:
I promised myself not to say what I am about to say,I don't like joining the crowd.....but .......ENDTIME PLANETS
yup lol. definitely end-time planets lol
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Rilwayne001: 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
shocked grin Make I just siddon here with my shinkafa and insi ewu..
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3065142_bday_pngde89911b24db351a28499118de5d6a70

Wetin all these your new solar system mean o, my Chief??

1 Like

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
1- QUAOAR 50000
2 ORCUS 90482
3 SEDNA 90377
4 SAPPHO 80
5 EROS 433
6 PSYCHE 16
7-CHIRON 95P
8 ERIS 136199
9-HAUMEA 136108
10 MAKEMAKE 136472
11 PALLAS-2
12 VESTA-4
13 JUNO-3
14 CESES-1
Stupid motherfucker.
Those aren't planets but asteroids; there are only 8 planets in our solar system.

5 Likes

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

Stupid motherfucker.
Those aren't planets but asteroids; there are only 8 planets in our solar system.
And you had to call him names? Why are nairalanders so loutish and mannerless?

3 Likes

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by joseph1832(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
1- QUAOAR 50000 2 ORCUS 90482 3 SEDNA 90377 4 SAPPHO 80 5 EROS 433 6 PSYCHE 16 7-CHIRON 95P 8 ERIS 136199 9-HAUMEA 136108 10 MAKEMAKE 136472 11 PALLAS-2 12 VESTA-4 13 JUNO-3 14 CESES-1
Picture please.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

Stupid motherfucker.
they are small planets. they pass the definition of a planet and are called planets in the scientific community and wikipedia. they clear their orbits like planets
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

Stupid motherfucker.
see what people who are smarter than you call it ? here is ceres >>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_%28dwarf_planet%29 <<< DWARF PLANET
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
they are small planets. they pass the definition of a planet and are called planets in the scientific community and wikipedia. they clear their orbits like planets
Oh my fucking god

In its 2006 response, the International Astronomical Union (IAU), recognised by astronomers as the world body responsible for resolving issues of nomenclature, released its decision on the matter. This definition, which applies only to the Solar System, states that a planet is a body that orbits the Sun, is massive enough for its own gravity to make it round , and has "cleared its neighbourhood " of smaller objects around its orbit. Under this new definition, Pluto and the other trans-Neptunian objects do not qualify as planets.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_planet

According to this definition, there are eight planets in the Solar System. The definition distinguishes planets from smaller bodies and is not useful outside the Solar System, where smaller bodies cannot be found yet. Extrasolar planets
, or exoplanets, are covered separately under a complementary 2003 draft guideline for the definition of planets, which distinguishes them from dwarf stars, which are larger.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAU_definition_of_planet

If you have any objections take it up with the IAU.

1 Like

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

Oh my fucking god

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_planet

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAU_definition_of_planet

If you have any objections take it up with the IAU.
nigga you tripping. they are dwarf planets
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
see what people who are smarter than you call it ? here is ceres >>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_%28dwarf_planet%29 <<< DWARF PLANET
From the link you gave, Dummkopf.
It was originally considered a planet, but was reclassified as an asteroid in the 1850s when many other objects in similar orbits were discovered.

1 Like

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
Rilwayne001:
shocked grin Make I just siddon here with my shinkafa and insi ewu..
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3065142_bday_pngde89911b24db351a28499118de5d6a70

Wetin all these your new solar system mean o, my Chief??
lol bros it means we are entering a new age. the planetary arrangements will soon change and another planet will start orbiting in our solar system as the ninth official planet, seeing as pluto has been declassified. this ninth planet will be called planet X aka the destroyer. the return of the atlantean gods wink wink
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
joseph1832:
Picture please.
i go try arrange the pictures later bros. my mouse just kaput on me now
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

From the link you gave, Dummkopf.
but was it called a dwraf planet in the heading ? and other scientific journals ? sit yo ass down somewhere before i flog you boy
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
nigga you tripping. they are dwarf planets
The 2006 debate surrounding Pluto and what constitutes a planet led to Ceres being considered for reclassification as a planet. A proposal before the International Astronomical Union for the definition of a planet would have defined a planet as "a celestial body that (a) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid-body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and (b) is in orbit around a star, and is neither a star nor a satellite of a planet". Had this resolution been adopted, it would have made Ceres the fifth planet in order from the Sun. This never
happened, however, and on 24 August 2006 a modified definition was adopted, carrying the additional requirement that a planet must have " cleared the neighborhood around its orbit". By this definition, Ceres is not a planet because it does not dominate its orbit, sharing it as it does with the thousands of other asteroids in the asteroid belt and constituting only about a third of the mass of the belt.

1 Like

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

The 2006 debate surrounding Pluto and what constitutes a planet led to Ceres being considered for reclassification as a planet. A proposal before the International Astronomical Union for the definition of a planet would have defined a planet as "a celestial body that (a) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid-body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and (b) is in orbit around a star, and is neither a star nor a satellite of a planet". Had this resolution been adopted, it would have made Ceres the fifth planet in order from the Sun. This never
happened, however, and on 24 August 2006 a modified definition was adopted, carrying the additional requirement that a planet must have " cleared the neighborhood around its orbit". By this definition, Ceres is not a planet because it does not dominate its orbit, sharing it as it does with the thousands of other asteroids in the asteroid belt and constituting only about a third of the mass of the belt.
did you read the first few lines on this site ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_%28dwarf_planet%29 you are not a scientist so sit down. what you do is read and regurgitate. brilliant minds than yours say it is a dwarf planet because it clears its orbit as all planets do. you need to sit down somewhere

1 Like

Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
but was it called a dwraf planet in the heading ? and other scientific journals ? sit yo ass down somewhere before i flog you boy
Here you go, son.
Foderà Serio, G.; Manara, A.; Sicoli, P. (2002). "Giuseppe Piazzi and the Discovery of Ceres". In W. F. Bottke Jr., A. Cellino, P. Paolicchi, and R. P. Binzel.

Hughes, D. W. (1994). "The Historical Unravelling of the Diameters of the First Four Asteroids". R.A.S.vQuarterly Journal 35 (3): 331.

From the IAU itself
Gingerich, Owen; et al. (16 August 2006). "The IAU draft definition of "Planet" and "Plutons"
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

Here you go, son.
Foderà Serio, G.; Manara, A.; Sicoli, P. (2002). "Giuseppe Piazzi and the Discovery of Ceres". In W. F. Bottke Jr., A. Cellino, P. Paolicchi, and R. P. Binzel.

Hughes, D. W. (1994). "The Historical Unravelling of the Diameters of the First Four Asteroids". R.A.S.vQuarterly Journal 35 (3): 331.

From the IAU itself
Gingerich, Owen; et al. (16 August 2006). "The IAU draft definition of "Planet" and "Plutons"
get off my thread boy. you aint making no sense. they are called asteroids but they are dwarf planets. you do know that in naming celestial objects there is a thin line that is often crossed ? like how a meteor can be an asteroid or can be a comet ? you didnt know that ? cuz at the end of the day they are all rocks. sit down and stop trying to be smart when you are really dumb lol
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
did you read the first few lines on this site ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_%28dwarf_planet%29
Your source is a a Wikipedia article. undecided
From the link you gave it's not a planet but an asteroid.
you are not a scientist
That's not for you to decide.
so sit down. what you do is read and regurgitate. brilliant minds than yours say it is a dwarf planet because it clears its orbit as all planets do. you need to sit down somewhere
Did you read this part, idiot?

By this definition, Ceres is not a planet because it does not dominate its orbit, sharing it as it does with the thousands of other asteroids in the asteroid belt and constituting only about a third of the mass of the belt.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

undecided
like i told you, an asteroid can be a planet. they are both rocks. just like how a meteor can be an asteroid, or a comet can be an asteroid. these are just name classifications which coalesce often times into each other cuz like i said, they are all rocks. its a thin line between what a rock can be called depending on size, orbit, if it is electrically charged etc etc. sit down boy
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

undecided
i suggest you read this http://www.spaceobs.com/en/Alain-Maury-s-Blog/Textes/Differences-between-planets-and-asteroids

letting you know there is no difference between an asteroid and a planet. its just how you choose to classify them based on size etc
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
get off my thread boy. you aint making no sense. they are called asteroids
Finally you acquiesce.
I'm getting through to your thick skull, son.
but they are dwarf planets.
Dwarf planets are NOT planets. undecided
you do know that in naming celestial objects there is a thin line that is often crossed ? like how a meteor can be an asteroid or can be a comet ? you didnt know that ? cuz at the end of the day they are all rocks. sit down and stop trying to be smart when you are really dumb lol[/quote]
NASA says they're not the same thing.
http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/faq/
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
i suggest you read this http://www.spaceobs.com/en/Alain-Maury-s-Blog/Textes/Differences-between-planets-and-asteroids
letting you know there is no difference between an asteroid and a planet. its just how you choose to classify them based on size etc
Karmanaut:

Finally you acquiesce.
I'm getting through to your thick skull, son.

Dwarf planets are NOT planets. undecided
you do know that in naming celestial objects there is a thin line that is often crossed ? like how a meteor can be an asteroid or can be a comet ? you didnt know that ? cuz at the end of the day they are all rocks. sit down and stop trying to be smart when you are really dumb lol
NASA says they're not the same thing.
http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/faq/
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
like i told you, an asteroid can be a planet.
No it can't, blockhead.
I really thought I was getting to you.
they are both rocks. just like how a meteor can be an asteroid, or a comet can be an asteroid. these are just name classifications which coalesce often times into each other cuz like i said, they are all rocks. its a thin line between what a rock can be called depending on size, orbit, if it is electrically charged etc etc. sit down boy
Idiot.
That's tantamount to saying an ocean and a river are the same thing because they're both bodies of water.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

No it can't, blockhead.
I really thought I was getting to you.

Idiot.
That's tantamount to saying an ocean and a river are the same thing because they're both bodies of water.
i also suggest you read this as to when these ' asteroids ' were promoted to dwarf planet status http://lasp.colorado.edu/education/outerplanets/spacejunk_asteroids.php

you are dumb
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
i also suggest you read this as to when these ' asteroids ' were promoted to dwarf planet status http://lasp.colorado.edu/education/outerplanets/spacejunk_asteroids.php
On the top of the site:

SUMMARY: Asteroids are small, rocky bodies that orbit the Sun much like planets, but are much smaller than planets
undecided
I am dumb
Admitting is the first step, buddy.
Hope you get better.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

On the top of the site:

undecided

Admitting is the first step, buddy.
Hope you get better.
i get your time today. just hold on so i can school you. let me fix this my mouse. give me 30 minutes. and you better not run punk.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
i get your time today. just hold on so i can school you. let me fix this my mouse. give me 30 minutes. and you better not run punk.
"The largest asteroid, Ceres, is about 1,000 km in diameter"
From the same site.
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

"The largest asteroid, Ceres, is about 1,000 km in diameter"
From the same site.
like i said dumbass, it can be called a planet or an asteroid cuz they are both rocks. on the same page

Asteroids are planetesimals left over from the birth of our solar system and have changed very little since the collapse of the solar nebula 4.6 billion years ago. The largest asteroid, Ceres, is about 1,000 km in diameter and has recently been promoted to dwarf planet status. Smaller asteroids are much more common.
The Trojan Asteroids
The Trojan Asteroids

All asteroids orbit the Sun in the same direction as the planets. The vast majority of asteroids that have been catalogued are located in the asteroid belt between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
sukkot:
like i said dumbass, it can be called a planet or an asteroid cuz they are both rocks. on the same page
Just like rivers can be called oceans because they're both bodies of water. right?
Dummkopf.

Asteroids are planetesimals left over from the birth of our solar system and have changed very little since the collapse of the solar nebula 4.6 billion years ago. The largest asteroid, Ceres, is about 1,000 km in diameter and has recently been promoted to dwarf planet status. Smaller asteroids are much more common.
The Trojan Asteroids
The Trojan Asteroids
Your assignment is to find out the meaning of the word planetesimals.

All asteroids orbit the Sun in the same direction as the planets.
How does this mean they're the same thing?
Buses and cars go the same direction, does that make them the same?
The vast majority of asteroids that have been catalogued are located in the asteroid belt between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter
There.
See?
Asteroids were catalogued different from planets.
If asteroids were planets then Earth, Mars, Jupiter, etc would be characterised as planets.

Hope you've learnt something today, son?
Re: 14 Planets In Our Solar System That You Have Never Heard Of by sukkot: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

Just like rivers can be called oceans because they're both bodies of water. right?
Dummkopf.

Your assignment is to find out the meaning of the word planetesimals.

How does this mean they're the same thing?
Buses and cars go the same direction, does that make them the same?

There.
See?
Asteroids were catalogued different from planets.
If asteroids were planets then Earth, Mars, Jupiter, etc would be characterised as planets.

Hope you've learnt something today, son?
nigga are you tryna deny scientific document ? really ? you are smarter than the astronomers who take the data and do the classification ? you must be drunk on orijin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Free Browsing Cheat For Injector Vpn / Lion Trampled To Death By Buffalo Stampede(picture) / Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.