Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Why War With The Biafran Protesters Will Be Good For Other Tribes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why War With The Biafran Protesters Will Be Good For Other Tribes (552 Views)

Buhari Refuses To Watch The Shooting Of Unarmed Pro-Biafran Protesters (video) / Breaking: Biafran Protesters Marching In Lagos Right Now (pictures) / Enugu In Turmoil As Police Shot At Biafran Protesters-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why War With The Biafran Protesters Will Be Good For Other Tribes by honestRoper(m): 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
1st, I do not support war or want it.
I am neither Yoruba nor Hausa.
But since some young Ibos want war, it might open up Pandora’s Box for other minor tribes.

History from all sides even 'There Was a Country,' by Chinua Achebe all pointed to the fact that the Ibos were strategically well placed in every sector ahead of other tribes even the Yoruba’s who had almost a 100years head start in education. Then the Ibos got co©ky and went to war and lost. To this day, they’ve been crying foul and marginalization.
True the Ibos are now marginalized in this present political set up thanks to their narrow minded political views. They are nowhere in the first 4-5 citizens and power holders in a country they have large majority. Even the APC strong holds in the Northwest and Southwest have PDP senators but the Ibo states all put their eggs in one basket (PDP) and like their son my mentor says…Things Fall Apart.
Things really has fallen apart for the Ibos, under GEJ, the Yoruba’s were in their shoes. They were not in the first 4-5 citizens and power holders in a country they have large majority but they did not get cocky and dared war on Nigeria, they went to work planted APC and are the most powerful guys in the PMB government. The Ibos too have gone to work, flogged a dead horse (Biafra) and ridding towards war. A war they cannot win. Yes, they cannot win because PMB (gosh I hate Muslims) is a good friend of the west and they hold him in high esteem and right now, Russia and the west are making love together to abort ISIS the evil child so count Russia out for help. China and India are all business and will trade on ones success or failure while the Arabs won’t help the Christian Ibos against a Muslim leader.
If or when the war comes, millions of the jobless graduates will jump into the job offer and join the already trained and battle experienced Nigerian army thanks to the war on bokom haram. The Ibos will not be able to fight against a Nigerian army supported by the west, if the west holds back her support, she will only watch us fight waiting to grab oil after the fight is over but will never support the Ibos. The Ibos lack of battle experience and war hard drives link tanks, warships and jet fighters will only play into the hands of Nigerians. Furthermore, the Ibos lack an international recognized leader. They use to have the coward Ojukwu, the villain that ran for his skin when the fight finally got to his home town. Now they have no one to champion their case. Kalu? The pleb is already in prison.
War will make millions of Ibos to flee back to the east there by opening up already hard to get job space, houses in the real estate market will become cheap again for those of them who will be wise to sale before running. Those who refuse to sale, their houses and business will be annexed by force.

War is not good; I pray it never happens again in this country. I wish the Ibos will sow now, and reap politically in the next general election. Instead of making neutrals like me sitting on the fence to hate them, don’t get co©ky coz you guys now have 5 story housing in onisha and enugu, the last time I checked, this was the figures from the biafran war sourced from
Kenneth Chukwuemeka Nwoko (2014).
Women, Identity and Culture, 1 (1)
http://wic-journal.dcthink.org/index.php/wic-journal/article/viewFile/20/pdf_3

Commonwealth Secretary George Thomson stated that:
The Biafran starvation death rate was 200 to 300 per day. On
the same day, July 22, the Washington Post reported that official
Biafran sources set the number of deaths at approximately 3%
of its population per week. The announcement was unclear as to
whether the figure 3% was to be applied to the whole population
of 12 million or only the refugee population of 4.6 million.
The International Committee of Red Cross was so
overwhelmed with these human tragedy that on the 16
th
of August, 1968, it released a statement in conjunction
with UNICEF, World Council of Churches and Caritas
Internationalis, that the Biafran situation was the gravest
emergency it had handled since world war II., “it is an
emergency concerning not hundreds of thousands but
millions of people”
. The ICRC in September 1968,
projected that there were between 80,00 to 10,000 deaths
each day in the Biafran enclave
The Nigerian government aware of the obvious
international condemnation, attempted to play down on
the figures released by the independent bodies. However
the quick reaction by Dr Clyde Shepherd in his statement
to the External Affairs and National Defence Committee
of the Canadian House of Commons in October 1968 [s]
validated the earlier claims by the independent bodies,
including the Red Cross of mass deaths in Biafran
villages. According to him;
"The figures we have produced are obtained from random
samples of death rates in villages, refugee camps and hospitals
from every province in Biafra. By the end of July, 6000 deaths
a day from malnutrition or starvation was arrived at. Recently,
last month the Red Cross published a figure of 8000 to 10000
deaths. Knowing how this figure was reached, I would agree
with it as being reasonably accurate".

before you beat your chest and push this indomie, smart phone and DSTV generation to protest and war, think again.
PEACE.
Re: Why War With The Biafran Protesters Will Be Good For Other Tribes by georjay(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
biafrans are coming for you run run

1 Like

Re: Why War With The Biafran Protesters Will Be Good For Other Tribes by Awoofawo(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
On my way to Igwe palace

1 Like

Re: Why War With The Biafran Protesters Will Be Good For Other Tribes by EasternPride: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
Notin person no go see for Nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#tragedy : Abubakar Audu, Apc's Governorship Candidate In Kogi Election Is Dead / Echoes Of The Past, Sylva Vs Dickson: Bayelsa At Crossroad. / INEC Schedules Kogi Supplementary Election For 5th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.