Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Teaching English In London - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teaching English In London (785 Views)

Lol Picx: When You Fail English In WAEC Despite The Expo / 8 Things You Should Know About Teaching English Abroad / Should We Still Learn 'oral English' In Our Secondary Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teaching English In London by sophia15: 3:58pm On May 22, 2009
Hello everyone! I’m looking for venues in order to expand and develop my teaching skills. I came across to this information about teaching English in London  and the educational quality training that they will be providing to those individuals who wants to become future English language. I just wonder when will be enrollment of this English teaching course in London schools. Can anyone here know about it? Thank you in advance.
Re: Teaching English In London by citixen9ja: 5:57pm On May 22, 2009
You must have TEFL or TESOL certificate before you can be able to teach English in the Uk. However, there are other countries that would be more easier for you to teach ie Brazil,Germany or other south American countries or Asia. But if you insist on Uk, you must apply to some colleges that award TEFL or TESOL certificates.

email me to citizen9ja@yahoo.com for more details.

check this,

Teaching English For Academic Purposes (TEAP)
An Introductory Teacher Training Course
Centre

International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies
Description
Who is the course for?

This two-week teacher training course has been designed for teachers who intend to teach/are teaching English for Academic Purposes to undergraduate or postgraduate students in the UK or elsewhere.

'I would like to be able to teach in pre-sessional courses in the UK as well as being able to prepare IELTS candidates here in Italy, but lack the necessary grounding. A short introductory course like the one you are running would be ideal for me' (Pre-course comments from a previous participant)
What have participants gained from the course?

'A lot of insight into the nature of EAP and on specific methods used at SOAS. Many examples of good practice which I am keen to implement in my institution. A lot of food for thought and lots of very useful materials and handouts to mull over'

'Another way of looking at how EAP works in another country with their expectations and standards, and a good time to reflect on my own work and practice'

'It gave me the foundation to build on, both as a teacher and a learner. I identified areas where I had no prior knowledge or experience'

‘This course would be good for new teachers to bridge the gap between general English and EAP’

‘I gained a huge amount. I now have a much better understanding of theory and practice in EAP and feel much more confident about EAP teaching’

It was a learning rich experience that I would recommend to anybody thinking of moving into teaching EAP’

(Participants feedback on the 2004 – 2006 courses)
Key features

(1) (Reply)

Pls Any One Wit Clue On When Absu & Imsu Are Writtin Their Post Ume? / Professional Qualification Vs Bsc/hnd / Unizik---this Is The Highest Level Of Inresponsibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.