Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say (1186 Views)

Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study / Come Here Nigerians.... / 10 Ways To Say ‘hello’ To A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by benega: 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
I'm not one to hurriedly stereotype a tribe, but when faced with overwhelming evidence, one must call a spade a spade. this incident am about to share was the the final straw that made me see the aforementioned people for what they really are. the incident happened a while back, one of my long, night, cross-state trips taken via these common hiace commercial buses. on getting to a place called okene in Edo state we observed a commercial bus similar to ours involved in an accident and had toppled. the bus being of the same company as ours, the driver had to stop and see what assistance he could render. I being a naturally curious fella also got down to have a look. as I approached the scene of the accident, I noticed a good number of locals approaching the overturned bus fairly quickly. in my mind I was commending their good Samaritan spirit but how wrong I was. in a flash the locals had descended upon the fallen vehicle and began grabbing any item they could lay their hand on, and whisking them away. a pregnant woman nimbly mounts half bag of rice on her head and darts for the trees young boys deftly snatch bags from shattered windows, laughing young men work shoes and snatch chains off the bodies of semi conscious accident survivors. I was shell shocked. it took the confrontation of passengers of both my bus and second bus that also stopped to discourage the looters who had by then taken almost everything. I never knew theiving could be practiced on a communal level, Edo I hail una.
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by tripplephi: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
benega:
I'm not one to hurriedly stereotype a tribe, but when faced with overwhelming evidence, one must call a spade a spade. this incident am about to share was the the final straw that made me see the aforementioned people for what they really are. the incident happened a while back, one of my long, night, cross-state trips taken via these common hiace commercial buses. on getting to a place called okene in Edo state we observed a commercial bus similar to ours involved in an accident and had toppled. the bus being of the same company as ours, the driver had to stop and see what assistance he could render. I being a naturally curious fella also got down to have a look. as I approached the scene of the accident, I noticed a good number of locals approaching the overturned bus fairly quickly. in my mind I was commending their good Samaritan spirit but how wrong I was. in a flash the locals had descended upon the fallen vehicle and began grabbing any item they could lay their hand on, and whisking them away. a pregnant woman nimbly mounts half bag of rice on her head and darts for the trees young boys deftly snatch bags from shattered windows, laughing young men work shoes and snatch chains off the bodies of semi conscious accident survivors. I was shell shocked. it took the confrontation of passengers of both my bus and second bus that also stopped to discourage the looters who had by then taken almost everything. I never knew theiving could be practiced on a communal level, Edo I hail una.

THATS THE HEART BEAT OF NIGERIA..... SO YOU CAN NOW CONFIRM THAT EVERYONE IS A THIEF
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by agohmamuda(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
But I tot Okene is part of Kogi state and not Edo?

1 Like

Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by alterswerve(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lmao... This is what i call

INDOMIE... HUNGRY MAN SIZE
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by alterswerve(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lmao... This is what i call

INDOMIE... HUNGRY MAN SIZE
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by eagleccentric(m): 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Op, you be first class mumu!!

Okene is in Kogi state not Edo state
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
Anini's brothers,okene is a very dangerous place,to commercial vehicles,a lot of armed robberies also happen there.
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Okene is in Kogi state and populated by a tribe called Ebira. People say Ebira people are very wicked, mean, cold and heartless. Well, the statement is not entirely true cos there are a number of good ones among them. I guess the ones you saw carting away properties of accident victims are the bad ones that people talk about.

Besides, this is as bad as people siphoning fuel from fallen tankers: It does not belong to you and you are benefitting from the misfortune of another.
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by kenny1st(m): 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
@Op, you lied and I picked offence on that...Edo are not 90% thieves but 99.9 % THIEVES. The two I had as friend were into fraud in my office at different time, even the one you can least suspect. Now their faces are all over in Efcc websites.
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by uboma(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
kenny1st:
@Op, you lied and I picked offence on that...Edo are not 90% thieves but 99.9 % THIEVES. The two I had as friend were into fraud in my office at different time, even the one you can least suspect. Now their faces are all over in Efcc websites.

Your reasoning is faulty.

Because two friends of yours are involved in fraud doesn't give you the right to label almost all of them as thieves. There are bad eggs in every state and tribe.
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
The Video of two Edo guys i saw tonight is just sad. One broke a bottle and stabbed the other who died just like that. undecided
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
Well first off, Okene is in Kogi State. And second off, not all Edo people are thieves.

1 Like

Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by Paretomaster(m): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
true, but there are sizeable number of good people even in d worse part of any state, once u cross dat Okene, heading down east, ur safety is not guaranteed, dat is d Norm out there, even if ur vehicle break down, d next thing u will see ppl coming around to extort u.

a driver was conveying cement to the east, when his vehicle caught fire, around Okpella, instead of the ppl to help put out the fire, everyone was just grabbing the consignment till the vehicle got burnt completely...
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
Im not from Edo. Howrver i think u cant generalize things just becos u experienced one out of millions of okenne or edo indigenes.
Re: Edo Are 99% Theives, Sorry To Say by idonijesamod(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
Op you no know anything at all. For calling Okene Edo. Go and learn Nigeria map again. It seem is ur first time of traveling from ur place to Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

40th Anniversary Of Aku Uka Slated For Friday And Saturday || Www.naijaram.com / Yoruba Cakes From Mexico / Ifaa Olaa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.