Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) (3620 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Prophetess Faith Aigbe Of Christ Restoration Bible Church Heals A Man / Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by ritux: 12:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Today November 22nd 2015 is that memorable time of the year again, when Catholics celebrate Jesus Christ as the King of Glory.

This Sunday in the Catholic calendar is The Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ the King, it is the last Sunday of the Church year. Next Sunday will be the first Sunday of Advent and the first Sunday of the Catholic Church calendar worldwide.

The feast of Christ the King is celebrated in the Roman Catholic Church in honour of our Jesus Christ as Lord over all creation. This feast was created by Pope Pius XI in 1925. This is a medieval feast which uses the metaphor of "King", a powerful one in those days to describe the role of Jesus.

The Kingdom of God is the central teaching of Jesus throughout the Gospels. The word Kingdom appears more than any other word throughout the four Gospels. Jesus Christ began His public ministry by preaching about the Kingdom.

In Matt 27:37, Mark 15:26, Luke 23:38 and John. 19:19. We see the bible repeating the same testimony, Jesus, the king of the Jews as right as that may sound, the truth is Jesus is not just the king of the Jews but THE ETERNAL KING OF GLORY.

Christians, especially orthodox Christian celebrate this truth, today, the Mother church celebrates this solemnity in grand style

Do you know today's celebration as Corpus Christi or Christ the King? It doesn't matter really, the most important thing is that we celebrate it to the glory of God.

Go to mass!
Join the procession!!
Celebrate and dance even like David did

Jesus Christ is the king, celebrate with much Joy.

I am proud to be a Catholic.

1 Like

Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by micfoley: 12:47am On Nov 22, 2015
Well done OP
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by Udochee(m): 12:48am On Nov 22, 2015
ritux:
i can't wait to sing & dance during the procession.then i will catch my breath during benediction..CHRIST is KING forever

1 Like

Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by wordcat(m): 12:50am On Nov 22, 2015
Corpse of Christ right?
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by Macelliot(m): 1:00am On Nov 22, 2015
wordcat:
Corpse of Christ right?
get lost..
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by wordcat(m): 1:19am On Nov 22, 2015
Macelliot:
get lost..
Get found
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by ritux: 1:23am On Nov 22, 2015
wordcat:
Corpse of Christ right?

I don't know what you talking about.
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by Pavore9: 3:52am On Nov 22, 2015
Looking forward to the procession.

1 Like

Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 22, 2015
All hail the King of Jews who was conceived
without a sin! Yes without a sin! Halleluyah

1 Share

Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by judey1992(m): 4:41am On Nov 22, 2015
it is a day to look back on the happenings in Nigeria and proclaim Christ The King.
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 22, 2015
judey1992:
it is a day to look back on the happenings in Nigeria and proclaim Christ The King.
Weda Apc likes it or not christ is d KING!

1 Share

Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by SalC: 6:06am On Nov 22, 2015
Christ is indeed the king!
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 22, 2015
chorpus Christi benedictus sum dei..

MISERERE NOBIS.
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by virginboy1(m): 6:17am On Nov 22, 2015
JESUS IGWEEE!!!
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by Tombilly(m): 6:23am On Nov 22, 2015
why the corpus Christi again? its a different feasts on it own .... meaning body of Christ
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by wordcat(m): 6:44am On Nov 22, 2015
ritux:

I don't know what you talking about.
I think u do
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by hurricaneChris: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2015
Rejoice! Rejoice! People of Zion. Look your King comes triumphantly and victoriously. Zach 9:9
Ready for the procession with young Catholic professionals.
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by keandre: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2015
Mtsheeeeeew.....
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by hurricaneChris: 7:15am On Nov 22, 2015
Rejoice! Rejoice! People of Zion. Look your King comes triumphantly and victoriously. Zach 9:9
Ready for the procession with young Catholic professionals.
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by permsec: 7:16am On Nov 22, 2015
wordcat:
Corpse of Christ right?
keandre:
Mtsheeeeeew.....
The both of una eeeeeh! Accept christ and ye shall be saved
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by Macelliot(m): 7:20am On Nov 22, 2015
keandre:
Mtsheeeeeew.....
get a life
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by irynterri(f): 8:08am On Nov 22, 2015
Tombilly:
why the corpus Christi again?
its different feasts on it own .... meaning body of Christ
the procession is meant to be on the corpus christi day which is around june,but due to the fact that it is during the rainy season the african bishops decided to move it to the feast of Christ the King which occurs during the harmattan,that is what i heard,i am yet to research on how true it is..anyways happy Feast of Christ the King
Re: Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) by keandre: 9:06am On Nov 22, 2015
Macelliot:

get a life
You still here? Go and join the bandwagon

(1) (Reply)

Orunmila (IFA) Is The Original Jesus Christ. / Benson Idahosa Impacting Reinhard Bonnke In 1985 Lagos Crusade (photo) / The Real TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.