Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record (62273 Views)

Prof. Idowu Olayinka, UI Vice Chancellor Fights Dirty On Facebook (Photos) / Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 22, 2015
Meet Olayinka Olamide Sadiq, a student who made history at the convocation of the University of Ibadan last week.

The Nation reports that a 23-year-old student got 8 out of 11 possible distinctions in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.

The indigene of Iragbiji in Osun state beat the record of seven distinctions set some years ago and became the overall best graduating student of the university.

Organizers and participants of the convocation ceremony held at the International Conference Centre of the university were shocked and amazed when his name was called 31 times during the prize presentation.

Speaking with The Nation, Sadiq explained how he achieved such success and why he chose veterinary medicine and not medicine or surgery.

“Years ago, University of Ibadan practised a mode of admission where your credentials are graded; basically your JAMB and O-level results. Unfortunately, my O-Level was not included, so my weighted average was so low. It was 27.5; too low for the course I wanted. Veterinary medicine was neither my first nor second choice. It was an alternative as ‘change of course’ due to what I call irregularities, which prevented me from being admitted for Basic Medical Science,” he said.

When asked how he managed to break the record and become the best graduating student, Sadiq explained:

“I knew I was going to do very well in the university, but being the best overall student of the year…sincerely I did not think of it. I had some B grades despite the fact that I still scored highest in those courses. The number of distinctions attainable in the veterinary school, University of Ibadan is 11 and I made 8. The other three courses were B grades.”

The talented young man revealed that after his youth service he is planning to enroll for a postgraduate course in diagnostic medicine in the USA.

“Being a first class student takes hardwork, focus and prayer to sustain. Some are gifted, but work is still required. Prayer is a necessity if we want to survive the hurdles of life; I am a Muslim and I pray five times daily. Distractions would always surface, but when you are focused, you will be able to achieve many things, even with the numerous distractions in the university.”

“In veterinary school, 24 hours is never enough. Going to class Mondays to Fridays, from 8am to 5pm; extra-classes on weekends, numerous tests from various departments…It is impossible to thrive without burning the midnight oil,” he said.

Although Sadiq dedicated all his life to studying and had no time for romance, he has no regrets as God always helps him to go through hard times.

https://www.naij.com/644004-meet-talented-student-broke-record-university-ibadan.html

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Mightyguy(m): 8:29am On Nov 22, 2015
Congrat bro...kip up the hard work. Sky is ur limit.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by badu2580(m): 8:32am On Nov 22, 2015
nice one bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by faray: 8:56am On Nov 22, 2015
ok
Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 22, 2015
I want to be like u when I grow up

hard work really pays

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by rheether(f): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2015
Vet med? Why didnt he just do med?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by christejames(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2015
Hot brain! Congratulation to you bro, unfortunately BUBU has scrapped PRESSID scholarship award which you would immensely benefited from.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Ghost01(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2015
Nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Jamaticulus(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
Mehn! I luv this..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Erums(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
great achievement, Hope he's duly recognised

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by laurenziz6(m): 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
God is with you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by proficienc(m): 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
Life's funny though. I see this guy around (Same hall of residence - Indy) but never knew he was a smart chap. Nice one bro

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by damton(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
I salute his feat.

Not to mention that it's about Animal health which obviously needs some measure of communication to them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by PLANETMARS(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
Seun b like planetmars..........

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by 69MissedCalls(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
will the govt give a furckk?? I hope so...

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Richie0974: 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
Wow...

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by bunmioguns(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by pretydiva(f): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
Congratulations 2 him..hardwork indeed pays

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
Oya receive VC's handshake and go!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Toeyoursea(m): 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
I don't want to play along tribal lines wink , but there is this tribe in Nigeria that is always associated with news of this sort (i am from that tribe grin)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by bdemix(m): 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nigga

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Cutehector(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
Oya enta labor market begin hustle sharply

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by mrlaw93(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by mohammedmagnus: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
he is a Muslim most importantly he prays 5 times daily. Alhamdullilah

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Nemesis99(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hope sey u go fit treat my dog sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Lanretoye(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
I envy you bro,congrats and goodluck.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by MrBLING(m): 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
Congratulations.
But all these distinctions to go treat animals??
Why not the real medicine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by ifedolapoferanm(m): 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
Congrat bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Decapo: 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
Yorubas reppin since 10bc

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Andsboy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nice one bro,instead of chasing girls and forming big boy like most guys do in school,he decided to bow down to books,now the whole school is bowing down for him. well done bros,hard work pays it never kills.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record by Segadem(m): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
Erums:
great achievement, Hope he's duly recognised
by who?

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fun Test: Name the Parts of the Body in Your Language! / Teachers Sent To Prison For Shaving Pupil’s Hair / ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.