Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Three Illegal Varsities Shut In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Illegal Varsities Shut In Anambra (1488 Views)

I Decided To Keep Shut In The Senate After PDP Lost The General Election - Mark / Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen / Jonathan Tells Varsities To Access N1.3tr Tetfund Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Illegal Varsities Shut In Anambra by mustafar1: 10:18pm On May 22, 2009
how else does one get admission into the university in nigeria? if the students gained admission into a 'university' without going through jamb then i guess they really dont have a case either against, JAMB, NUC and whoever else. and they sure dont have to listen to their cry.
Re: Three Illegal Varsities Shut In Anambra by moneygurl: 10:22pm On May 22, 2009
must_a_far:

how else does one get admission into the university in nigeria? if the students gained admission into a 'university' without going through jamb then i guess they really dont have a case either against, JAMB, NUC and whoever else. and they sure dont have to listen to their cry.

I do not know either.

do private Universities such as babcock, etc use JAMB admission? or do they have there own individual exam?
Re: Three Illegal Varsities Shut In Anambra by bawomolo(m): 10:44pm On May 22, 2009
This isn't just a problem in Nigerian, it's a problem in the US too.

It's the responsibility of prospective students especially in a country like Nigeria to make sure their school is accredited and not a diploma mill.

The students should sue but again we are talking about nigeria's legal system.

do private Universities such as babcock, etc use JAMB admission? or do they have there own individual exam?

i believe they use JAMB/GCE and have their own separate placement tests.
Re: Three Illegal Varsities Shut In Anambra by biina: 3:13am On May 23, 2009
It is unfortunate, but the students cannot be absorbed into the other universities, as each university determines his/her criterion for admission. JAMB or NUC cannot impose a student on a school, unless the student applied and met the requirement for admission. The schools were the student's choice.

The student can however sue the school authorities for compensation.
Re: Three Illegal Varsities Shut In Anambra by ifyalways(f): 8:57pm On May 23, 2009
moneygurl:

I do not know either.

They conduct their own entrace exams.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Papa (ojukwu) U 2 Sweet / Ndigbo Find A King In Kano / All Those Who Love Their Country Speak Up!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.