Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways (28833 Views)

Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) / 4 Types Of Workplace Discrimination Common In Nigeria / Nigerian Staff Sue Virgin Atlantic Airways For N5bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by ramalot(m): 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
Olamitisoji:
Can you see how dump you are, you tribalistic asshole. You swine, all you could do was raise a tribal war from this post, Oponu, can't you see you are the only one mastubating without no point, show me the tribe that does'nt steal, am sure you are old enough to be my uncle or even father if you gave birth earlier, but sense they say does not come from age. How can people like you just decide to start what is not? Oga oh, Uncle Seun should better do something about you fast.

I have no interest in what y'all are arguing about, but I find it hilarious when I see one use the bold word above, in that context.

It is a common word misuse among Africans, and is such a huge irony.
When calling someone "dumb," and in the same breath displaying the said accusation. cheesy

Dumb and Dump are two totally different words.

--
Now, y'all can return to your regularly scheduled Nairaland tribal wars.
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Olamitisoji(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
ramalot:

I have no interest in what y'all are arguing about, but I find it hilarious when I see one use the bold word above, in that context.

When calling someone "dumb," and in the same breath displaying the said accusation. cheesy

--
tanx bro for correcting, i will take note. Pappymason come and see what good elders who don't want the heads of his children or his so called young ones to roll, they teach anddnot masturbate, come and learn for him

1 Like

Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
Olamitisoji:
tanx bro for correcting, i will take note. Pappymason come and see what good elders who don't want the heads of his children or his so called young ones to roll, they teach anddnot masturbate, come and learn for him

why summon me you apc zygote?
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Lanspower(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
Now you see why Virgin Atlantic feels the engagement of bilingual Nigerian crew isn't any longer necessary? That's because you are crazy with English Language as you have just demonstrated here. I bet if the guy you picked up his error made that error in any of Nigerian Languages it wouldn't have bothered you but English I pity una Walahi!

ramalot:

--

1 Like

Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by VNOS(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
Richy4:

The issue you just pinpointed was not what the OP was talking about.

<<<<<<<KEY POINT>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> why was Nigerian staffs not treated fairly?

>>>>>>>>why was it that their appointment were terminated immediately while other countries still have up to 2016

>>>>>>>>why did they replace foreigners to do a job that a Nigerian can do very well while they still operate a business in Nigerian shore. that was the issues. Maybe you should read it again

You guys have gone off topic. Like he stated above, these are the main issues of discrimination. Not whether some people stole or not, which for clarity I'm very much against cos it tarnishes the image of even the innocent ones. But the main issue here is the aspect of discrimination and unfair treatment of the Nigerians, especially the innocent ones.
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by manie(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
PappyMason:

Why will you insist on Dangote to invest his hard earned money in a venture yorubas will kill with their thievery?

But more than 60% of Dangote's management staff are Yorubas.
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
Stop devaluing the word discrimination. The action was not discriminate but a pure business decision.
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Olamitisoji(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
PappyMason:

why summon me you apc zygote?
Yeye man i be confirm PDP
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by SSkillzzz(m): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
may God dash you sense.... yu this foolish Biafra scum.... first yu hate Muslims.... now it's Yorubas.... omo nna omale jati jati....
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by manie(m): 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
PappyMason:

Not true. Most are Pakis and Indians.

If it were Yoruba, Dangote would have since long declared bankruptcy
The Indians are mainly in the technical, engineering sections. Check out the guys in HR, finance, Marketing or the guys who are closely working with him at the group headquaters
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by temitemi1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
Which pple u dey talk abt
Emeskhalifa:

No be issue of hmmmm. Make una warn una ppl, dem dey follow tarnish d image of we innocent Nigerians.
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by October1960: 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
Another reason to avoid Virgin Airlines.

Nigeria a country sinking meanwhile the tribes engage in tribal fighting online.

Why would anyone even Nigerians invest in such a country.

Even members of the same tribe and clan steal from each other rather than develop their regions.

With the present prevailing mentality even if the country is split into 36 countries there will be no development until we tackle corruption and tribalism even at the local level.
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by slimgold123(f): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
[size=20pt]Why all these[/size]
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Richy4(m): 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
VNOS:

You guys have gone off topic. Like he stated above, these are the main issues of discrimination. Not whether some people stole or not, which for clarity I'm very much against cos it tarnishes the image of even the innocent ones. But the main issue here is the aspect of discrimination and unfair treatment of the Nigerians, especially the innocent ones.

What did I do sir?

I did not go off topic ooooo It was not me. Please don't take me to the staff room for punishment!!!! It wasn't me.....

Anyways, I guess you were trying to quote the other guy and not me. By the way how was your Sunday going
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
temitemi1:
Which pple u dey talk abt
Wch tribe pesin wey dey bear Temi go be??
From yahoo to stealin in d office once u trust dem wth a managerial position
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by free2ryhme: 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
Scholes007:
Op i think that is an internal affairs for the company. If laying off of some worker will maximize their profit, then there is nothing wrong with that or were you also sacked?

did you read the post at all

If you sack the entire local crew members only to hire foreign ones and move your country manager to a posh location in Ikoyi, how is these going maximize their profit?

And besides na man know man most of them where hired so I can't phensic for another man headache becos they no dey share their salary with me
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by temitemi1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
Upgrade ur level of reasoning man.
Emeskhalifa:

Wch tribe pesin wey dey bear Temi go be??
From yahoo to stealin in d office once u trust dem wth a managerial position
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
temitemi1:
Upgrade ur level of reasoning man.
SMH truth is bitter
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
See The Top 20 Most Beautiful Women In The World{photos}

http://naijapols..com.ng/2015/11/top-20-most-beautiful-women-in-world.html
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Pennywise(m): 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
It would seem VA was motivated to axe their international staff on account of what they see happening in Nigeria. There has been a number of local cabin crew facilitated drug and immigration offences for which airlines usually have to pay hefty fines. You dont expect an airline to come out and openly make declarations like this without drawing flaks. I am unaware if VA has been involved in recent cases but it would be foolhardy for them to learn from their own experience. Lets not forget that in Nigeria, it is open season for the drug trade.

The real victims I see here are Chinese and Indians. And no dont expect any diplomatic incidence over this.

Finally you all should remember Sir Richard still harbors a lot of misgivings against Nigerians and Nigeria. The 20 or so Nigerians are welcome to join in the wait for Buhari's 5k.

1 Like

Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Mekky05(m): 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
kunzaar83:
Na all this eiibos cause am with their wayo 419 and cocain traficking grin
"John Adebanjo" of ALML who would have been a savior turned out to be the "JUDAS" in the case. Yellowbars and betrayal/saboteur going way back as 419AD.
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by miqos02(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
what can i say?
Re: That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways by Ugosample(m): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
October1960:
Another reason to avoid Virgin Airlines.

Nigeria a country sinking meanwhile the tribes engage in tribal fighting online.

Why would anyone even Nigerians invest in such a country.

Even members of the same tribe and clan steal from each other rather than develop their regions.

With the present prevailing mentality even if the country is split into 36 countries there will be no development until we tackle corruption and tribalism even at the local level.

Very true Unfortunately, many youths are blinded to this fact

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / Mortuary Workers Seize Corpse At A Cemetery In Ghana Over Balance Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.