Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press (835 Views)

Buhari Departs London, Speaks To Nigerian Press / Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun / Independence Day Cutting Of Cake: Jonathan Vs Buhari (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by Lionsclaw: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
Following recent headlines from The Sun Newapaper and DailyPost about GEJ vs OBJ I decided to critically study the articles behind their conflict-provoking headlines;

Jonathan hits back at Obasanjo http://sunnewsonline.com/new/jonathan-hits-back-at-obasanjo/
and
I will soon launch my foundation; Obasanjo wanted third term – Jonathan opens up http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/21/i-will-soon-launch-my-foundation-obasanjo-wanted-third-term-jonathan-opens-up/

When I read the The Sun for where Jonathan 'Hits OBJ ' I didnt see one. In the first place he is in good term with Obj, recently addressing him as 'Baba' in his formal invite to his Foundation Launch, so where did the Hits OBJ 'Back' come from?
In the said news they comfirmed that GEJ was in the Unit­ed States at an event titled: “Presidential elections and democratic consolidation in Africa. So it's Obvious is was not a pre planned speech; it was in an Interview about Elections and Democracy and obviously he was asked about his thought on the 3rd term bid. As a wise man he did not make a remark on OBJ but acknowledged that there was indeed a bid (if he had denied it that would have been wrong) and most importantly he gave the reason why the bid failed due to the independence of the National Assembly, in other words suggesting strong and independent govt institutions as a solution to such tendencies.

According to Dailypost it was "Jonathan 'Opens up" . Reading the news one can't see what he 'opened up' about. Is it that there was no 3rd term bid by OBJ or that he Jonathan was not aware of it, being a governor at the time? To deny the fact would have made him a liar. But with wisdom he maneouvered to avoid emphasis on OBJ and instead gave the solution to such tendencies.
Now the question is WHAT IS THE PRESS AFTER?
They are not after selling their papers; they are after setting politicans to be at war with each other and in such cases the real fight is among the grassroot masses which results to continuous violence.
Its high time the masses sees this demon called NIGERIAN PRESS and hold them accountable for the destruction of the country

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by INTROVERT(f): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
press
Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
Intro..... Which network are u using

Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by timijoseph01(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
NaijaMedia be like Tiwa Savage just
walked in new heels, click here to
hear footsteps..
Thatz how they made it look like Davido celebrates his Birthday 10times a year
They'll tell us Tinubu is in war with Pmb/Fashola today,,tomorrow they share pics of them smilling..
Sometimes you would think Flavour got hundreds of babymamas
Today MEND support Gej,, tommorow they are at war cause he failed in his promises to them.
Or Even as if Wizkid and Davido wish each other death..
Mtchweew.. Misleading Nigerians since 1900

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
One of the qualities of an "end time" press undecided

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
It's nauseating, Print media is dying
Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by psucc(m): 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
Guy these editors and their chiefs are creating scene in order to run a 'season' on their papers. Look critically the goings on in this theatre called Nigeria, you will agree with me that a week hardly go without a topic for the press to run a series on.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by Lionsclaw: 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
timijoseph01:
NaijaMedia be like Tiwa Savage just
walked in new heels, click here to
hear footsteps..
Thatz how they made it look like Davido celebrates his Birthday 10times a year
They'll tell us Tinubu is in war with Pmb/Fashola today,,tomorrow they share pics of them smilling..
Sometimes you would think Flavour got hundreds of babymamas
Today MEND support Gej,, tommorow they are at war cause he failed in his promises to them.
Or Even as if Wizkid and Davido wish each other death..
Mtchweew.. Misleading Nigerians since 1900
I think up 90% of our tribal and ethnic war in this country is caused by the press. Left to me, lets catch each writer that publishes hate article and mob them up grin next time they will choose their headlines properly. In fact the hatred in Nigeria is too much and it has the marks of the press written all over it

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by Earthkumy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
I see na

Meanwhile see what Buhari is turning Nigeria into www.nairaland.com/2754444/pa-buhari-govt-moving-dictatorship
Re: Jonathan Vs Obasanjo: The Demon Called Nigerian Press by tuscani: 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
no mind dem.Dele momudu wrote two days ago that journalist shuold love each other ? that is not possible. the PRESS in nigeria get as ee bee

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Poll: PDP Weighs Options To Oust APC / Obiano And Obi Must Settle Their Differences - Alo Umunne Group Intervened ! / $16 Bn Refineries To Be Built In Lagos, Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.