Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This (1651 Views)

This Is Why Nollywood Is Not Going To Go Anywhere -- Oyibo People React(video) / BBNaija: ‘Tobi Bakre Graduated At 18’ – Tobi’s Team Say He Is Really 23 / Nollywood Is Feeding Nigerians RUBBISH, Claims Top Movie Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by yxizzy(f): 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
Someone actually came to me with an incredible script, i couldn't believe that someone in Nigeria could write that. I have seen and read so many scripts but I must confess it was awesome. I have never seen such movie in Nigeria, it is actually an action movie though. I asked her if she wanted to sell it, I might consider buying; but she insisted that she wanted to act and co-direct in the movie, because there are some parts she feels she might have a better opinion to aid the director. After analyzing this script, I understood that it was gonna cost some millions. She told me that she had some cash, Big one! to start with, but she is not sure if it will be enough and that she doesn't have any idea about marketing the movie to international TV networks, she needs an experienced director to aid her and most importantly financial support. So I decided to share this, if you believe there is any way to turn this script to a movie, please notify me. She actually needs a film producer or sponsors that can fund the movie or half of the movie, a good director that can direct stunts and action scenes, and a market review (international), it is a tv series, about 5 seasons and not too expensive (at least it's worth it, and will really sell, believe me). please call me with your view, I can arrange a meeting, so you speak with her and also see the script, I don't know.. ciao
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by yxizzy(f): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
you can call this number 08137139663
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by prof800(m): 8:14am On Dec 02, 2015
An "action tv series" of about 5 seasons and not a movie?
That should cost plenty ooo! Goodluck sha.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by Originalsly: 12:07am On Dec 03, 2015
Hmmm....action TV series.... 5 seasons ... aiming to be taken up by international tv.... writer wants to act and be assistant director. May her dream come true.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by sholay2011(m): 9:09am On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin

I like your 'style' OP.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by tosan200(m): 11:01am On Dec 03, 2015
Hmmmn! The hustle is real. Op goodluck with your action script.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by Macdove02(m): 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Seriously serious....Havent been done b4. Is there any movie that havent been produced b4? Best of luck and dont forget to contact Teco Benson for the direction if you want the best direction.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by yxizzy(f): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
hahaha.. thanks all.. I hope it comes real, it will cost a lot.. I will share with all Nairalanders if this dream becomes a reality.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by kscreens: 8:48am On Jan 03, 2016
Hi,

It's a worldwide fact that of all screenplays circulating in Hollywood only about 5% are production ready. I started off with this so Nollywood writers could be encouraged and know that we are better than most writers out "there".

It is also a fact that most Hollywood big budget movies have failed terribly at the box office where Independent American movies made on budgets as low as $15,000 to $15,000,000 have earned as much as $100,000,000 to over $500,000,000.

I know $15,000,000 is a lot of money over here, but it's also good to consider the movie production cost in the US vis-a-vis the low budget movies. Nollywood's cost of production is far cheaper than what is attainable in Hollywood. And I'm not talking about sfx which, of course, most of the American Independent movies are made without.

It's great when a writer after bleeding on his laptop for months, even years, is able to get his/her screenplay to an appreciable level. It's something every writer desires and something one who attains that "Recommended" level should pop champagne for.

Now getting to the core of this post. While the lady might have cash to spend, I know she understands, but I thought I should state this for those that might not, the success of a movie doesn't thrive on large budgets. It thrives on the passion of the screenwriter, the "relatability" of the 3 Cs of screenwriting, the creativity of visionary directors, the proficiency of the production and marketing team and the quality of the acting, not actors. Though an A list actor could make a movie, it's also a fact that over 50% of A list actors have had box office failures.

I encourage the lady with the great script to keep going for what she wants with the passion I could feel from the words in the post. And also to re-imagine scenes as we all know that one scene can shoot up a budget to over 50%.

I wish her the best of luck.

I can be reached on LinkedIn (https://ng.linkedin.com/in/chidi-ezeibieli-a0070327) or twitter (@kscreens) for those that might want to continue this discussion in detail.

I wish everyone the best.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by Jayboy124: 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sly did it. Why not.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by MRBrownJ: 3:25am On Jan 04, 2016
imho, the big problem here is that this lady "thinks" she can act while it takes much more than just a good script to become an actor. as much as she is passionate about this, she can just let the chosen actors know what she is trying to portray here and they will recreate that.

it takes a LOT to become a proper actor.

Jayboy124:
Sly did it. Why not.

but Sly is/was an actor when he did, while she isnt
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by tpiar: 3:28am On Jan 04, 2016
Hustling.
Re: Nollywood Is Really Changing.. Don't Miss This by candiva2013(m): 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
yxizzy:
you can call this number 08137139663
can i reach you personally with this contact?

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Movies? / Gotv Adds Sony Max And Supersport4 / Oga @ The Top: The Movie Starring Osuofia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.