Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. (68417 Views)

Throwback: Buratai Being Decorated As Captain Years Back (Photo) / Shehu Yar'adua And Buhari At A Wedding Event Years Back (Throwback Pic) / Olusegun Obasanjo During His Traditional Wedding Years Back (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Obinoscopy(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2015
opeaceo:

What part of the Nigerian constitution states that? ( 16 and below)
Sorry, I misquoted the constitution. Having consensual sex is considered rape if there's threats or blackmail. Section 357:

"Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape."

The unlawful custody of a minor, however, is termed misdemeanour.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by talktimi(m): 7:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
notmywill:

It's overwhelmingly sad that you can authoritatively make an assumption without knowing all the facts of the case and especially speaking to both the victim and the victimizer.
This is why our educational system needs a thorough overhaul, because of people like you.
And it is so sad you claim to be a feminist.
He threatened to expose their s e x videos and pictures taken without her consent that was why she yielded.

A lot of women (single and married) today face this situation and the fact that you are not aware of this, makes you totally shallow and despicably naive.
Yet you claim to be a lawyer.
Go back to school. This time, get an education.

You are totally disgusting. Like sugabelly spat on PAA grave, you ought to be spat at.

You are totally disgusting.

For others thinking she was poor, I understand. You haven't heard of loyola Jesuit college. It remains beyond you.

Most people here grew up street style, and thus will never understand the intricacies of a sheltered life. One of such is a trusting heart and one that believes in the good of humanity. She was tender hearted and believed in the goodness of humanity.
Until she was bitten.

To all the boys/men/women who take advantage of children and teenagers, God in heaven will humble you in due time.
thank you o jare, I just got tired of replying some kind of people here. Common sense is not common at all

1 Like

Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
so why are you saying all these now? you followed him cus of money and his dad was the governor. selfish spoiled brat.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by opeaceo: 7:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Sorry, I misquoted the constitution. Having consensual sex is considered rape if there's threats or blackmail. Section 357:

"Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape."

The unlawful custody of a minor, however, is termed misdemeanour.
Ok, so she isn't a minor. From what you quoted, does any of her posts, write ups or tweets suggests that she was threatened ....
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Obinoscopy(m): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
opeaceo:

Ok, so she isn't a minor. From what you quoted, does any of her posts, write ups or tweets suggests that she was threatened ....
Yes, she was threatened that her nudes will be published.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by opeaceo: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Yes, she was threatened that her nudes will be published.
Before or after the deed?
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by iykeany: 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
Sugabelly may be perceived to be vilifying the Audus, but this alleged crime throws up many faults in our attitude to cases of rape especially the discouragement from close relatives & friends to the victim not to press charges against the rapist if known or reporting a rape case to the appropriate authorities in the course of armed robbery or armed rapist because of the negative light at which rape victims are treated. Also our criminal justice system needs to be overhauled, a situation where evidence is a prerequisite for favorable judgment doesn't encourage victims of rape to come out and when they do, they hardly get justice. The period of validity within which it is expected for a case of rape to be filed should also be looked into.

Whether justice is seen to be served or not in this case, the one thing we can be sure of is that the evil that men do don't only lives after them but catches up with them the time of committing the crime notwithstanding.

1 Like

Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Aude(f): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2015
queenfav:
You are obviously a demented,slow ,sorry excuse for a human being.Word of advice..shut the hell up especially as you don't know how rape cases are handled.Try not to think with your anus next time.

You are the one who is demented and slow. You are also a sorry excuse for a woman.

After looking at your posts you must be one of those law graduates from a mushroom school, roaming the neighbourhoods looking for land disputes to resolve. Are you even a member of the Nigerian Bar Association? If at all you are a member then you should be disbarred because you are certainly not fit to be a lawyer.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by sasquareT(m): 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
Jeloma:
If only you knew...
I'm not defending anyone, I never said it was in impossible for the Audu to be a rapist
But my assertion is that the girl is a pathological liar, she could be forming all the these just for the attention she craves
I believe it's possible that they're actual victims, but she's definitely not part of them.
I really don't give a fvck about the family in question. My primary concern is sugarbelly, and how she's taking her lying skills too far this time
Just follow her on twitter for a week and you'll understand and what I'm saying
I only truly pity the real victims, if there are any and I really hope they get the justice they deserve.

Just Gerarahia ma friend.....did you even no the guyz in question?
How on earth can you just be opening ur mouth calling her a lair...except you are one of those guy she mention..
You are so annoying walai
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by gohzieh(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
sandraokosun1:
No offence, even if ths is true. Ths girl is just a cheap løosed b.Itch. Years after the way she still says that raw word mess, doesnt denote a rape forced case. She was obssesed with them.
Some guys like rough sex adventures doesnt mean rape.
She hasnt said where she was threatned if no more.
She didnt also say they planned to kill her when she reported them.
She obviously wont have be going to the big hotels, swimming pool, luxury homes,and having sex with them at first date.
She is truly a girl of luxury and must have gotten alot money frm doing ths. Frm her story, her only pain is when they made her do it in presence of people that were strange to her.

You can get that much frm them and expect to call the shots on how they want to penetrate u, which u kept going to them 4.

She is only telling half story

she is reliable 4 her actions, at 17 she knws how to crush on a man, she knws how to work and date a guy, she knws how to have sex in a car, she knws how to go to big luxury hotels, and government house, spend huge money, and probably get to be a big girl that disses her senior girls. She only got the bitter taste of the dose

Most definitely, she is LIABLE for her actions.
He brought his friends to have sex with you on the first time, you resisted probably they promised or he promised a certain amount of money.
Second time you came too, third time too you came. Madam you must be stupid and wayward at 17. Ist time can be a coercion but subsequent times na enjoyment.

**i hope its not my JV sandra ooo!
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by iamrealdeji(m): 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2015
teamchocolate:
You are a fool.... May ur daughter get the same treatment... yes na curse... ode!!!

And yes a human can survive 4 minutes without oxygen... so go figure... mumu of the highest order

#dontdefendrapists

may the curses get back to you lunatic,#dontdefendprostitutes

1 Like

Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by xtervaganza(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2015
From the screen shots I read here, I believe the girl was not raped. She was into bdsm with the guy

Bdsm is line the kind of sex in fifty shades of grey thing. People in bdsm also do swinging and all other bullshit

She returned to him many times while still having the same sex she claimed traumatised her

And her name sef undecided sugar belly?

Make I no talk sha
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by princeayz(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2015
its funny how Nigerian think. the audu family DAT no body knows indeed people supports dem hastily calling sugabelly a fraud. NAWA oooo. do you know what it take for her to come out at this time with all this stories... abeg make we dey think ooo.

1 Like

Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Aude(f): 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
HizMissy:
She can't claim she was raped serially, she was in love, and was hoping he would change.

So she kept going back for more hurt. Why not quit from d so called job?

You are an idiot. Can you not see she was just 17? Why do you think there's a law in place in civilized societies that considers 17-year olds to be minors? Some of you people really need to get out of your gutters and read about what's happening around you. Do you know how abusers manipulate their victims? There have been cases like this in the UK and fortunately for the victims their abusers were finally imprisoned. Why do married women who are adults go back to abusive relationships?

Sheesh sometimes when I read the comments made by some of you on Nairaland I ask myself what I am doing on a forum that seems to have primitive and backwards people posting narrow-minded opinions.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by HizMissy(f): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
Aude:

You are an idiot. Can you not see she was just 17? Why do you think there's a law in place in civilized societies that considers 17-year olds to be minors? Some of you people really need to get out of your gutters and read about what's happening around you. Do you know how abusers manipulate their victims? There have been cases like this in the UK and fortunately for the victims their abusers were finally imprisoned. Why do married women who are adults go back to abusive relationships?

Sheesh sometimes when I read the comments made by some of you on Nairaland I ask myself what I am doing on a forum that seems to have primitive and backwards people posting narrow-minded opinions.

I am entitled to my narrow-minded comments thank you very much!

Keep asking yourself what u are doing on NL, d ansa will come soon.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Obinoscopy(m): 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
opeaceo:

Before or after the deed?
Before the deed.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by emperorchedda(m): 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
Aude:

You are the dumb one here sister (I'm sorry for the derogatory term)

How on this goddamn earth will a human being go back to 'fire', you see a moving bullet and run in front of it, not once not twice. Listen, even if I'm 12 I know when I'm hurt and so far I'm not threatened I won't intentionally put myself in a position to get hurt

Heck this girl was asked for a three'some and she complied, no one pointed a gun at her. She just wanted the adventure #bottomline
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by emperorchedda(m): 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
HizMissy:

Thank you jare

1 Like

Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by opeaceo: 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Before the deed.
From her write up, where was it stated?
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by project7(m): 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
This is a good case study for the society and even the world at large to determine and draw a line between what is rape and what is consensual sex.

It might interest some of you to know that some consensual sex that have all the characteristics of rape and forced sex are sought after and enjoyed by some women. Some circumstances in the later future can make the woman claim rape.

I have been reading and expecting the legal practitioners to give a submission on the legal view of this.
I personally think she will lose this case in any court of law.

We really need to commend her for her openness in describing and trying to make us all understand what took place, where and when and her state of mind at all stages.

But she failed to add
1)The role of her parents (her mother in particular). I find it disturbing for a girl of 17 to be allowed out until 12am midnight. What kind of mother is that?
2)How they finally disengaged after 6 months of rapes that happen almost on a daily bases. Was she the one that initiated the disengagement? Or was Mustafa? Or was because she had no choice but to leave town for studies abroad?
3)How did she manage to get raped almost on a daily bases then going home and resuming work the next morning like nothing happened for 6 months? How did her relationship with these guys skip the knowledge of her female friends?
4)When did her trauma actually started? Was it after the accused finally got married to another girl? That is what I think though.

The biggest culprit here is her mother. Where was she for the 6 months her teenage daughter was having sex in cars in the streets of Abuja and getting raped without her notice.

The biggest loser here is Sugabelly. No matter how this story or case turns out it is clear to everyone that she is a loose girl with no good parenting and the disgrace might hunt not only her but her entire family for long time to come.

For guys that like to have fun with reckless abandon, these are the things that happen when the proverbial shit hit the fan!
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Aude(f): 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2015
emperorchedda:
You are the dumb one here sister (I'm sorry for the derogatory term)

How on this goddamn earth will a human being go back to 'fire', you see a moving bullet and run in front of it, not once not twice. Listen, even if I'm 12 I know when I'm hurt and so far I'm not threatened I won't intentionally put myself in a position to get hurt

Heck this girl was asked for a three'some which she complied, no one pointed a gun at her. She just wanted the adventure #bottomline

You are the stupid, dumb and narrow-minded fool who should leave the hovel you live in and read about what is happening around you. Have you heard of abuse and how the perpetrators manipulate their victims? Why do you have cases regarding rapes that happened years ago? Talk to any reputable psychologist and they will tell you about the effects of abuse on the victims. It is people like you who help in promoting abuse. Most abused victims don't come forward because they know that nincompoops like you will judge them and make them feel like guilty. Why do married women who are adults go back to their abusive husbands? If they do that what more do you expect a 17 year old girl to do? And by the way no self-respecting 25 year old will date a 17 year old because they know that there is a difference in maturity level. Why do you think those rapist brothers decided to abuse a 17 year old, because they knew that she was just a kid. He started off by being nice to her and taking her under his wings. Typical manner of an abuser. Of course their colleagues thought he was just being nice to her, not knowing that he was a predator. There is a lot happening out there and with the internet you can find out so much stuff. No need to limit yourself. Broaden your horizons and you would learn to reason like someone who has more than average intelligence.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Aude(f): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
HizMissy:

You are very welcome. I come to NL to take away boredom at work. I just pray that some of the stupidity I see here does not rub off on me.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Codedworld1: 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nigerians so dumb....will never grow up..sugar belly ko suga pussy ni...
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by HizMissy(f): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
Aude:

You are very welcome. I come to NL to take away boredom at work. I just pray that some of the stupidity I see here does not rub off on me.

Sweetheart I mentioned you on another thread.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Obinoscopy(m): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
opeaceo:

From her write up, where was it stated?
It's on frontpage. Here's an excerpt (take note of the bolded):

GurlFriend:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-bakIsoaVYfU/Vlhj5-QMqII/AAAAAAAAQTg/LS-xAanADtk/s400/sugamain.JPG[/img]

When US based blogger and popular twitter personality @Empress Sugabelly had her private messages to a friend exposed by another twitter user, there was a lot of buzz on social media because not only were the contents of the messages very disturbing in it's graphic description of the continuous sexual violation she was allegedly subjected to by the sons and friends of the late governor of Kogi state, Abubabakar Audu, it also coincided with the death of latter.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-fX1HIlPXBWI/Vlhb7oh1DgI/AAAAAAAAQTI/7v4Y0U53Q9A/s1600/suga.JPG[/img]

There were questions like why didn't she speak up? Why did she keep going back when she knew she what was in store for her in their hands? Why did she have to wait till the former governor of Kogi state passed on before she spoke up? Some were of the opinion that the opposition sponsored her on a smearing campaign.

Today, the lady in the eye of the controversy has come out to speak fully about her ordeal and address some of those questions. In her very descriptive blog post which she titled "Surviving Mustapha Audu and His Rape Brigade", [b]she alleged that Mustapha Audu, who she had begun a sexual relationship with at the age 17 before it degenerated into abuse, had taken compromising photographs of her unclothedness. She was afraid that if she didn't do his bidding, he would circulate the photos.

This is usually the case with revenge porn. Revenge porn is sexually explicit images or video that is distributed without the consent of the subject. The making of sexually explicit images or video may be made by a partner of an intimate relationship with the knowledge and consent of the subject, or it may be made without their knowledge. The possession of the material may be used by the partner to blackmail the subject into performing other sex acts, or to intimidate them from breaking off the relationship. The practice has also been described as a form of psychological abuse and domestic violence.

In the light of this, she alleges that Mustapha Audu used the power he wielded over her through the possession of the sexually explicit images to subject her to all manner degradation ranging from rape, physical abuse, to forced group sex with his brothers, cousins and friends.

She alleges that the physical and pscyhological abuse went on for six months before she moved to the US for her university education. As it is with rape victims, fear and shame did not allow her speak up about her ordeal.[/b]

According to NOI statistics, 3 in 10 Nigerians admitted to personally knowing someone who has been a victim of rape; citing stigmatisation as the main reason why many rape cases go unreported, while the reported cases are just a small fraction of the true figures of this crime that happens on an almost basis in the country.

While we wait for the Audus to respond to Empress Sugabelly's allegations, we urge the government to create public awareness against rape, as well as create more Rape Crisis centres that will counsel rape victims, as well as encourage those who are suffering in silence to speak up.

http://sugabellyrocks.com/2015/11/surviving-mustapha-audu-and-his-rape-brigade.html
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by emperorchedda(m): 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
Aude:

You are the stupid, dumb and narrow-minded fool who should leave the hovel you live in and read about what is happening around you. Have you heard of abuse and how the perpetrators manipulate their victims? Why do you have cases regarding rapes that happened years ago? Talk to any reputable psychologist and they will tell you about the effects of abuse on the victims. It is people like you who help in promoting abuse. Most abused victims don't come forward because they know that nincompoops like you will judge them and make them feel like guilty. Why do married women who are adults go back to their abusive husbands? If they do that what more do you expect a 17 year old girl to do? And by the way no self-respecting 25 year old will date a 17 year old because they know that there is a difference in maturity level. Why do you think those rapist brothers decided to abuse a 17 year old, because they knew that she was just a kid. He started off by being nice to her and taking her under his wings. Typical manner of an abuser. Of course their colleagues thought he was just being nice to her, not knowing that he was a predator. There is a lot happening out there and with the internet you can find out so much stuff. No need to limit yourself. Broaden your horizons and you would learn to reason like someone who has more than average intelligence.
Dummy just skipping the point and blabbing about married woman this married woman that

Was she aware she was gonna have rough sex? Yes. Did she WILLINGLY return for more? Yes! Was she greedy? Hell yes!

I bet you if those guys were some average broke guys with no power she wouldn't have communicated with them anymore talk more of coming to them after the first 'rape'

To educate your ignorant self, Nigerian constitution now legalised sex with a 13 year old. So whether the dudes were 58 so far she was above 13 then she's ok to have sex

Maybe you're one of those greedy oloshos that can take any shiit because you're gaining financially

1 Like

Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Oluboonmi(f): 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2015
Its never too late to come out...
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by strykr: 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
queenfav:
bros,I am a lawyer and I can authoritatively say this wasn't rape.On account of age yeah,but arguing the facts there was a consensual relationship here.Its just sad that at 17 she had such diminished capacity as to be so obsessed over a man.Even at that,its not reasonable in the eyes of the law to keep on going back to your alleged rapist,especially when you were not held captive.So far ,I am yet to hear of any threats issued to her that made her continue seeing the guy.I am feminist by all standards,but I am also very realistic about issues.

Your stance on this issue, leaves much to be desired for concerning your law education. The fact of this case, based on the only evidence available now ( her side of the story), is that she was raped. Whether she came back for more, or was obsessed with their money, it does not change the fact that she was raped at a point in time. She was raped the first time he forced her to have sex with his friends. She came back after that? Yes. She didn't report to any one? Yes. She had sex and begged him for more sex? Yes. But none of these incidences or events diminishes the fact that she was raped. When? The first time he forced her to have sex with his friends. Whether this event resulted in other events or incidences, both medical and mental is meant for psychological and trauma experts to establish.
However, based on available information related to this case, she was raped by Mr Abdul and Mr Turkish, with Mr Mustapha being an accessory to the crime.
For the sake of law, please try to be objective and not emotional /sentimental when expressing your opinion.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by strykr: 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
queenfav:
bros,I am a lawyer and I can authoritatively say this wasn't rape.On account of age yeah,but arguing the facts there was a consensual relationship here.Its just sad that at 17 she had such diminished capacity as to be so obsessed over a man.Even at that,its not reasonable in the eyes of the law to keep on going back to your alleged rapist,especially when you were not held captive.So far ,I am yet to hear of any threats issued to her that made her continue seeing the guy.I am feminist by all standards,but I am also very realistic about issues.

Your stance on this issue, leaves much to be desired for concerning your law education. The fact of this case, based on the only evidence available now ( her side of the story), is that she was raped. Whether she came back for more, or was obsessed with their money, it does not change the fact that she was raped at a point in time. She was raped the first time he forced her to have sex with his friends. She came back after that? Yes. She didn't report to any one? Yes. She had sex and begged him for more sex? Yes. But none of these incidences or events diminishes the fact that she was raped. When? [b][/b]The first time he forced her to have sex with his friends. Whether this event resulted in other events or incidences, both medical and mental is meant for psychological and trauma experts to establish.
However, based on available information related to this case, she was raped by Mr Abdul and Mr Tunji, with Mr Mustapha being an accessory to the crime.
For the sake of law, please try to be objective and not emotional /sentimental when expressing your opinion.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by Homoviator: 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2015
This story is real, if you can conduct a brief research you will discover that Lotanna has more chat evidence to support her case, while Mustapha is just beating around the bush. God is your strength @Lotanna.
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by DonXavi(m): 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2015
H
Re: How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. by DonXavi(m): 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
U

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / Obasanjo Returns $200 Million To National Treasury. / Saraki In The Dock At Code Of Conduct Tribunal — LIVE UPDATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.