Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,681 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS (18668 Views)

‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake / N-Power Records 400,000 Registration In 36 Hours / Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by PassingShot(m): 12:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
Latest data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) show that a total of 475,180 new jobs were created in the third quarter of 2015.

In its third quarter survey, the NBS explained that this represents an increase of 236.1 per cent, compared with the previous quarter, and 36 per cent compared to the third quarter of 2014.

According to the Bureau, the increase in the number of jobs was driven mainly by informal sector jobs, which accounted for 90.2 per cent.

The labour force population increased to 75.9 million from 74 million in the second quater, representing an increase in the labour force by 2.60 per cent.

It was followed by formal sector jobs, which accounted for 8.8 per cent, while the public sector generated 4,818 jobs, representing 1.01 per cent of jobs in the period under review.

The informal sector accounted for over 90 per cent of total jobs in the third quater, and were predominantly in rural agricultural activities.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/11/23/over-400000-jobs-created-in-third-quarter-nbs/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by PassingShot(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
I remember how I had to lecture some people here that 2nd quarter represents April, May and June; that we cannot attribute the economic performance of that quarter to a presidency which was in charge of only one month (June) out of three. The new regime is thus fully responsible for the economic performance from the 3rd quarter onwards till May 2019.

Just last week we read how the economy is rallying despite a drop in crude earnings! And I am sure that PMB and his team will shame the doubters and put Nigeria back on the right path.

Lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy, this should not be delayed to make fp please.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by benedictnsi(m): 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Una see am?
See wetin

2 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by Firefire(m): 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
APC, you belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a liar from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by ozoigbondu: 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
Works created on paper angry angry angry angry

mtchewwww cool

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by Firefire(m): 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Una see am?

I see am o ja re my brother from the coven of liars. grin

APC Manifesto - To create 5 Million Jobs by 2019 i.e. 5,000,000

Meaning 1,250,000 per year and we are now end of November 2015 of the first year - Nothing in sight. undecided

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by kodded(m): 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
hmmmmm

so why passingshot and co nevrr get job ? embarassed

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by kodded(m): 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
hmmmmm

28 Likes 1 Share

hmmmmm

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by PassingShot(m): 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Firefire:

I see am o ja re my brother from the coven of liars. grin
The same "liars" that reported the 2nd quarter which you believed!

Common sense is a scarce commodity with TANoids!

18 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by MizMyColi(f): 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
grin

According to the Bureau, the increase in the number of jobs was driven mainly by informal sector jobs, which accounted for 90.2 per cent.

Definition of Informal Sector.

The informal sector, informal economy, or grey economy is the part of an economy that is neither taxed, nor monitored by any form of government. Unlike the formal economy, activities that are engaged in the informal economy are not included in the gross national product (GNP) and gross domestic product (GDP) of a country. The informal sector can be described as a grey market in labour.

With the submissions made above, pray tell, what exactly is there to rejoice about?

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Passingshot

Pls do not return us into paper reality of past government.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by PassingShot(m): 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
Passingshot

Pls do not return us into paper reality of past government.
Explain yourself pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by glassjar1: 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

YOU VOTED PROPAGANDA AND POVERTY ,YOU MUST REMAIN IN POVERTY grin grin grin grin grin grin

LIVE IN PROPAGANDA IMAGINE grin grin grin grin grin grin HAUSA/FULANI /Y ORUBABAOONS HELL RIDERS grin grin grin grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by francizy(m): 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hahahahahaha! Where are the paper achievements? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh I see, here they are on the pages of Nairaland and on NBS website..

Btw,
How many times did we hear of mass recruitments in this third quarter? But we've been hearing of mass sack and since May 29 yet some people deems it fit to dish out lies.. angry undecided

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by Firefire(m): 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:

The same "liars" that reported the 2nd quarter which you believed!

Common sense is a scarce commodity for TANoids!

Buhary is a failed leader, he should resign honorably before Nigerians begin the process of stoning him out of Aso-rock as prophesied by Apostle Johnson Suleimon. angry

- No power

- No Fuel

- No FX

- Businesses are closing down

- Companies are downsizing

And you here attempting to tell us the 'Tourism Minister' has created some jobs ?

I agree with you, 'common sense is indeed a scarce commodity for APC coven members'.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by simpleseyi: 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
I hope this people have not started manufacturing non-existing statistics like the world bank fraudster called Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla because the jobs that these witches are talking about I can't see any.

1 Like

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by Firefire(m): 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
simpleseyi:
I hope this people have not started manufacturing non-existing statistics like the world bank fraudster called Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla because the jobs that these witches are talking about I can't see any.

Let me ask PassingShot cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by MizMyColi(f): 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2015

Word on the streets now is "they promised us change, where is the change?" "I'm not seeing any change o" "Things were not as bad as this during Jonathan's reign"

Going by the manner these folks rode to power, one would expect not to look too far before seeing astounding achievements and policies.

However, the reverse has been the case.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by Firefire(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
MizMyColi:
grin

With the submissions made above, pray tell, what exactly is there to rejoice about?

Why take your time to educate the coven members ? They can lie and make Devil to be shame.

11 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Explain yourself pls?

NOI in the last tenure claimed that previous government create 1 million job for youths. We both know this reality happens only in her paali.

Where is this 400,000 newly created jobs?

9 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by SeverusSnape(m): 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
kodded:
hmmmmm

Hehehehehehehehehehe grin cheesy grin

The jobs were recruitment of more Bokoharam members/jihadists.

Little wonder the activities of terrorists have skyrocketed.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by SeverusSnape(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Explain yourself pls?
You know very well.

2 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by obailala(m): 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
Now the wailers are going to wail haaaard grin

They believed NBS figures under their hero, they believed when NOI claimed over 1 million youth jobs were created in 2014 alone, but now the same NBS has started revealing some positives under the new administration, in a commando like fashion, they have instantly pounced on this thread, I can already see firefire, mizmycoli, severe-anus-ape, francizy and the rest of their crew wriggling around like fresh fish that was removed from water grin grin

But on a serious note, where does NBS even get these their statistics from? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by MizMyColi(f): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
Firefire:

Why take your time to educate the coven members ? They can lie and make Devil to be shame.

Lol

Some of them actually wish Nigeria well.

It's just the people they put their hopes in to bring some measure of systematic overhauling are either sectarian strategists cum politicians or complicated fraud artists.

So the status quo remains.

3 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by PassingShot(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

NOI in the last tenure claimed that previous government create 1 million job for youths. We both know this reality happens only in her paali.

Where is this 400,000 newly created jobs?
Read the op again. This is not a claim by a minister or the presidency but NBS.
Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by Firefire(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol

Some of them actually wish Nigeria well.

It's just the people they put their hopes in to bring some measure of systematic overhauling are either sectarian strategists cum politicians or complicated fraud artists.

So the status quo remains.

Is alright.

The end will justify the means.

2 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by Abagworo(m): 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
I dislike paper economics. NBS may be right as they use proper statistics but on personal experience there is still very high level of unemployment and poverty. Nothing has changed since May in Rivers State where I am writing from.

7 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by PassingShot(m): 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
Firefire:

Buhary is a failed leader, he should resign honorably before Nigerians begin the process of stoning him out of Aso-rock as prophesied by Apostle Johnson Suleimon. angry

- No power

- No Fuel

- No FX

- Businesses are closing down

- Companies are downsizing

And you here attempting to tell us the 'Tourism Minister' has created some jobs ?

I agree with you, 'common sense is indeed a scarce commodity for APC coven members'.
Lamentation of a sore LOSER! Wail on boy. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by SeverusSnape(m): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
Abagworo:
I dislike paper economics. NBS may be right as they use proper statistics but on personal experience there is still very high level of unemployment and poverty. Nothing has changed since May in Rivers State where I am writing from.
Cc: PassingShot

grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by SeverusSnape(m): 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2015

11 Likes

Re: Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS by Firefire(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Read the op again. This is not a claim by a minister or the presidency but NBS.

And you should be honest enough to include that the job is only on paper because it is an informal sector analysis... cheesy

MizMyColi:
grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One / Technical Function Specific Assessment Test [dragnet] / How Are You Surviving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.