Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Is My Heart Rusty? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is My Heart Rusty? (1056 Views)

My heart bleeds for Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Heart Rusty? by lanrexlan(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
A few weeks ago, I found myself facing an internal crisis; a guilty conscience ate away at me restlessly for days. A feeling of hopelessness overcame me as I sensed my heart being engulfed in coatings of rust and filth. I imagined it to be like a lantern upon which layers and layers of dust and dirt continued to accumulate, and today the thick tar-like coating was making it impossible to light the way any longer. I could feel the light in my heart flickering. Dimming. Diffusing.

“No! Rather, the stain has covered their hearts of that which they were earning” Surah Mutafifeen (83:14)

Desperate and heavy, my wilting heart cried out, “My Rabb! Cleanse me of this raan that has covered me. Show me the way out. Kindle Your light and the light of the Qur’an in me, ya Nur, ya Allah!”

For several months, I had felt myself losing more and more control of my tongue; it would ramble on with idle talk, arguments and would say things that I would regret the second after I said them. I knew that it was in fact my tongue which was most responsible for rusting my vulnerable heart. I needed to regain control of this tongue. I needed to restrain it. Tame it.

Truly, my Rabb is near and responsive. Truly, my Rabb is in full view of what this poor slave of His is going through. Just moments after my heart cried out, my Rabb responded. And the response to curing my spiritually suffocated heart was none other than remembering it’s Creator… Dhikr.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Heart Rusty? by lanrexlan(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
The Treatment:

Curing the Heart through Dhikr

When I first began treating my rusting heart, I chose Istighfar as my default Dhikr. The first hour was the most difficult, as the wiswaas of shaytan were quite strong, “that’s good enough.. isn’t your mouth tired?… how much more?”, and my tongue was still getting used to the sudden change. I knew consistency was key, so I continued throughout the rest of the evening. Astaghfirullah, Astaghfirullah, Astaghfirullah. I pushed myself to keep it up the next day as well; from the moment I awoke to the time I lay back in bed the following night. Slowly, my tongue got into the routine.

Dhikr had begun its treatment in taming this tongue of mine, and the effects were incredible!

The Result

Within three days of persistently implementing this treatment, I felt myself finally starting to get a grip on my speech – for the first time in months! Amazingly, the tongue was not the only organ that this treatment was curing, for I had also begun to feel a sliver of light in my heart as well, walhamdulillah!

I noticed a series of changes stirring within me as my Dhikr-occupied tongue gradually learned to pause, filter, then speak.

Using less of my tongue meant using more of my ears, and thus listening to others molded my personality to be one in which others could confide.
Being pre-occupied in Dhikr, my habit of talking excessively faded away.
The faster my heart beat, the more Dhikr spilled onto my tongue: one tasbeeh per heartbeat; this greatly reduced my urge to speak impulsively in anger and emotion.
Being constantly reminded of the presence of the One whom I was mentioning, caused me to humble myself; I no longer cared to prove myself right and win arguments, because He  alone knew best about who was more correct.
Upon hearing or thinking of any negative mention of a person, my heart would urge my tongue to withhold and instead I’d find myself making du’a for that person; replacing any ill-feelings with well-wishing.
Within a few days, Dhikr had completely transformed my heart and personality! Though the occasional disagreements and arguments still inevitably occurred post-treatment, the frequency of their occurrence had greatly dwindled down walhamdulillah!

Before this experience, Dhikr was just something I would quickly mumble after saying my salams in salah, before running off. Prior to this, I had not realized how powerful the treasures of this incredible armor actually were, for it was the only thing that revived this withering heart of mine.

“Those who believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah . Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah  hearts are assured.” Surah Ra’d (13:28)

What are ways in which we can prevent our hears from getting rusted? Please share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments section below. We would love to hear what you have to say.
http://blog.islamiconlineuniversity.com/is-my-heart-rusted/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is My Heart Rusty? by abdrazak: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
I can't stop weeping inside my heart.

O Allah! You are the best cleanser and purifier, purify and cleanse my heart.
Join me say, Ameen!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Heart Rusty? by lanrexlan(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
abdrazak:
I can't stop weeping inside my heart.

O Allah! You are the best cleanser and purifier, purify and cleanse my heart.

Join me say, Ameen!!!
Ameen
You may find this interesting
https://www.nairaland.com/1343149/polishing-hearts

2 Likes

Re: Is My Heart Rusty? by AlBaqir(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
"Indeed in the remembrance of Allah do heart find peace"{Quran}

4 Likes

Re: Is My Heart Rusty? by arabianights: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
[quote author=AlBaqir post=40327785]"Indeed in the remembrance of Allah do heart find peace"{Quran}[/quote
Re: Is My Heart Rusty? by arabianights: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
AlBaqir:
"Indeed in the remembrance of Allah do heart find peace"{Quran}

I always marvel at your knowledge in islam.Please tell me a bit about your self ,pertaining to islamic education of course.what islamic schools you attended etc /

I suspect you are a northerner..............will tell you why once you answer my question
Re: Is My Heart Rusty? by AlBaqir(m): 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
arabianights:

I always marvel at your knowledge in islam.Please tell me a bit about your self ,pertaining to islamic education of course.what islamic schools you attended etc /

I suspect you are a northerner..............will tell you why once you answer my question

First, I am not a Northerner. In fact have never been to the north despite my dreams of it. And this Boko haram of a thing scared my plans grin May Allah protect all the northerners esp the victims of this menace to society. I am a pure Yoruba man grin

Second, I am a student of learning and I wish to remain so till death in sha Allah. Yes I went to various Islamic school here and there and completed various Islamic certification, but bulk of my learning is through personal studies. By Allah! That's where my joy lies. It is now that am seriously planning to switch my focus on full Islamic scholarship.

I hope that will do. Please I will definitely delete this soon you read. Don't quote it. Thanks. Salam alaykum.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The early Muslims and koran manipulations / Iranian Women Fight Controversial 'Polygamy' Bill / Biography Of Shaykh 'abdul-aziz Ibn Abdullah Ibn Baaz رحمه الله

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.