Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Recipes For Desserts! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For Desserts! (1671 Views)

Recipes For The Fruitful Home / Nigerian Desserts / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipes For Desserts! by Tweetie(f): 7:04pm On May 23, 2009
Hi everyone,

thanks for all the fantastic recipes you've put on here. my cooking has tremendously improved by following your guidelines. I really appreciate u guys esp Amakaone.

please if anyone knows how to make simple desserts like trifle, fruit cocktail, cakes n icecream please share. from this site, i've learnt to make starters and main course and i know i'm ready to learn desserts now. please help!
once again thanks y'all.
Re: Recipes For Desserts! by TOYOSI20(f): 12:23am On May 24, 2009
OMG!!, I'm a sucker for deserts, and i love to make mines from scratch, . . . . kiss kiss

have to look into ma archives and i promise to be back with some finger licking recipes, cheesy cheesy
Re: Recipes For Desserts! by TOYOSI20(f): 11:49am On May 26, 2009
As promised?? smiley. . . . .

New York Cheese Cake

Ingredients
:

1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (crushed)
¼ cup macadamia nuts (crushed)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ½ cup butter
5 (8 oz) Packages of softened cream cheese
1 ¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
5 eggs
2 egg yolks
¼ heavy whipping cream
1 ½ teaspoons almond extract

Cooking Instructions

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Crush graham crackers and macadamia nuts and mix them together with ground cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl.
Step 2: Press onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
Step 3: Place it into the oven and bake for 7 minutes, then remove and let it cool.
Step 4: Increase oven temperature to 475 degrees. Combine cream cheese, 1 ¾ cup sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks, and mix thoroughly. Next, add almond extract and heavy whipping cream and mix just enough to blend.
Step 5: Pour filling mixture over your crust. Place back in the oven and bake on 475 for 10 minutes.
Step 6: Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and let your cheesecake bake for 1 hour. After an hour turn off your oven, but leave the cake in there for another hour before taking out.
Step 7: Remove the cheesecake from your oven, cool slightly and then place it overnight in your refrigerator

Re: Recipes For Desserts! by TOYOSI20(f): 11:56am On May 26, 2009
7 Up Bundt cake

Ingredients:

¾ lb butter
3 cups white sugar
5 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon extract
¾ cup 7 Up (or any carbonated lemon-lime beverage)
Glaze-
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Cooking Instructions:

Step 1: Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar for 20 minutes. Add eggs one at a time beating after each one. Add flour and lemon extract. Fold in 7 up. Pour into a greased 12-cup Bundt cake pan.

Step 2: Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Step 3: To make glaze- in a bowl mix powered sugar and lemon juice. When the cake has cooled drizzle the glaze over it.

Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
½ cup butter (melted and cooled)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (11 ½ ounce) package milk chocolate chips (or less)
½ cup walnuts (chopped)

Cooking Instructions:

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffins cups (or muffin tins). In a large bowl mix together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
Step 2: In another bowl stir together eggs, milk, butter and vanilla until well blended. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the milk mixture into the well and stir until well combined. Lightly stir in chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Step 3: Spoon batter into muffins cups or tins. Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.

Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe

Ingredients:

1lb large shrimp (peeled and deveined, with tails removed)
1 cup water
2/3 cup white sugar
½ cup walnuts
4 egg whites
2/3 cup cornstarch
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
1 cup oil (for frying)

Cooking Instructions:

Step 1: In a small sauce pan mix water and sugar. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, drain and place on a baking sheet to dry.

Step 2: Meanwhile, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in cornstarch until it becomes somewhat thick. Dip shrimp into the batter. Heat oil in a deep fryer and fry shrimp in batches in oil until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Drain on paper towels.
Step 3: In a serving bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Add walnuts and serve.
(Makes 4 Servings)
Re: Recipes For Desserts! by TOYOSI20(f): 12:02pm On May 26, 2009
Pics. . . . wink smiley

Re: Recipes For Desserts! by TOYOSI20(f): 12:03pm On May 26, 2009
more. . . .

Re: Recipes For Desserts! by TOYOSI20(f): 12:04pm On May 26, 2009
errr. . .some more. . . . smiley

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Nigerian Restaurant In London - Free Delivery!!! / Teach Me How To Cook Igbo Delicacies / Step By Step On How I Prepared rice and stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.