Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,804 members, 7,813,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service (28612 Views)

Military to launch Operation Ex-Crocodile Smile In Niger Delta / Pic; BBC To Launch Pigin English And Yoruba Services In Nigeria / Video: Oyibo Who Speaks Pidgin And Knows Nigeria More Than Some Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:22am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:
So now you want a stake in Nollywood? You no well!
Abeg, stick with your Yoriwood, just as ndị Hausa are at peace with their Kannywood. grin

we've always had stake on Nollywood. wink

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:23am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Maybe the Enugu thread can be your template because not even Calabar is discussed there. That page is too busy with Enugu/southeast project's.

LMAO projects or fights grin grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:24am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

LMAO projects or fights grin grin

Which fight? Or are you talking about Abagworo and Chino? Two political bloggers? No one has insecurities about far flung places on those threads anyway.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:24am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:
Yoruba guys making money promoting Igbo soft power? Cool, who minds?

Which igbo soft power? lmaoooo grin grin grin
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:25am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Which fight? Or are you talking about Abagworo and Chino? Two political bloggers? No one has insecurities about far flung places on those threads anyway.

I'm talking about the disunity on your threads smiley

chestbeating > project discussion.

But who cares about that? Let's discuss BBCYoruba smiley

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:25am On Nov 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:26am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Those films aren't typical Nollywood films. Obviously. The Nollywood of legend are the ones that churn out films in a week.

Aye omo y1bo ti baje, wallahi.

So, all those producers of 10 films in 5 minutes are the ones y1bos are calling legends.

Well we are used to it, you always have an opposing meaning for words in alaigbo --- the coward ojukwu was described as brave, the stupidity of fighting fighter jets and T72 tanks with cassava sticks was termed as bravery, treasonable felony is being seen as freedom of speech.

So, if you call those categories of producers legends, i will definitely not be surprised, you are simply keeping up with your genetic traits.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:27am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

I'm talking about the disunity on your threads smiley

There's no disunity on the Enugu thread, very opposite actually, check for yourself. And there was no name calling of other regions/peoples needed either to bolster the visibility/page count of the thread (I see).

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:27am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

https://www.nairaland.com/2730134/western-blacks-igbo-names
http://www.frontiermuseum.org/2nd-igbo-world-festival-of-arts-and-culture/

You really want to compare cultural institution and western yoruba vs igbo names? grin grin

Ngga serve. The list of Yoruba wanna-bes and Yoruba cultural center all over the world is too long to provide wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:28am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

There's no disunity on the Enugu thread, very opposite actually, check for yourself. And there was no name calling of other regions/peoples needed either to bolster the visibility/page count of the thread (I see).

No disunity? grin grin grin grin

Even igbos can't agree on Biafra grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:28am On Nov 24, 2015
superstar1:

Aye omo y1bo ti baje, wallahi.

So, all those producers of 10 films in 5 minutes are the ones y1bos are calling legends.

Well we are used to it, you always have an opposing meaning for words in alaigbo --- the coward ojukwu was described as brave, the stupidity of fighting fighter jets and T72 tanks with cassava sticks was termed as bravery, treasonable felony is being seen as freedom of speech.

S,o if you call those categories of producers legends, i will definitely not be suprised, you are simply keeping up with your genetic traits.

Those are not typical Nollywood films produced every year, take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 24, 2015
But even your Yoriwood actors recognize that your industry is different from Nollywood now. You don't seem to be proud of your Yoriwood, why?
By the way, I don't appreciate the way you bastardize the name of my tribe, calling us 'yiibo.' That's not nice.

superstar1:

You made nadal popular. The only thing you made popular in Nigeria is drug trafficking and every form of other crimes.

I repeat, Nollywood comprises all the films being produced in Nigeria whether Yoriwood or Kannywood or Biafraudwood. If you want an exclusive film industry, chill till your fraud of a nation becomes a reality.

How can youw own Nollywood, when the majority of the top 20 grossing movies are from SW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_Nigeria

Y1bos can lie....jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:30am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

No disunity? grin grin grin grin

Even igbos can't agree on Biafra grin

That's a disagreement over strategy, not disunity. Disunity is fighting an internal war. Igboland wouldn't be as developed after the war if there was disunity. Disunity is for Niggerian politicians. Hope you're not confusing them with everyday people.

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:31am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

You really want to compare cultural institution and western yoruba vs igbo names? grin grin

Ngga serve. The list of Yoruba wanna-bes and Yoruba cultural center all over the world is too long to provide wink

Majority of their ladies are not proud of their igbos names -- igbochume, shidinma. shindodo, shinyere etc

Most of them are always changing their names once they enter Ekenedilichukwu bus that is SW bound -- Cassandra, Maureen, Isabella, Benita etc.

Bunch of clowns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:32am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

Black Americans/Afro Caribbeans by African family names? Wanna try place names? Wanna try historical figures? I can if you want. Mind you, all I talked about was Igbo soft power, not sizing up to anybody, well, initially.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:34am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Black Americans/Afro Caribbeans by African family names? Wanna try place names? Wanna try historical figures? I can if you want. Mind you, all I talked about was Igbo soft power, not sizing up to anybody, well, initially.

List them abeg grin

Try all the places you like wink
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:34am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

No they're not. They're better than the garbage igbo producers spit out : Quantity over Quality grin grin

But they're still classified as Nollywood wink

The top Five movies are about Igbo/Biafra issue...

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:35am On Nov 24, 2015
superstar1:

Majority of their ladies are not proud of their igbos names -- igbochume, shidinma. shindodo, shinyere etc

Most of them are always changing their names once they enter Ekenedilichukwu bus that is SW bound -- Cassandra, Maureen, Isabella, Benita etc.

Bunch of clowns.

lmaoooo ...... that's their prostitution names grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:36am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

List them abeg grin

Try all the places you like wink

You're the one that wanted to compare, not me.

Anyway, Nollywood is a vehicle for Igbo soft power, ask Burundians.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:36am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

The top Five movies are about Igbo/Biafra issue...

Really?

Yoruba movie producers gaining money out of civil war? grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:36am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

But even northerners that see non Muslims as infidels want to marry Igbo babes. Ntor!

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:36am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:
But even your Yoriwood actors recognize that your industry is different from Nollywood now. You don't seem to be proud of your Yoriwood, why?
By the way, I don't appreciate the way you bastardize the name of my tribe, calling us 'yiibo.' That's not nice.

I apologise for that because you are not like those stup1d e-warriors.

You are very funny. I am sure one thing Yorubas are well known for is their pride in their language, culture and heritage, no matter how westernised we grow.

We are proud of our film industry and that was while we could pioneer a local language film station on DSTV, because the audience was there. But, we will not allow some people to lay claim to an industry that belong to the whole country.

Therefore, Nollywood comprises of all the films produced in Nigeria. If igbos want an exclusive igbo dominated industry, they need to create Igboplank of Biafraudwood.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:37am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

Really?

Yoruba movie producers gaining money out of civil war? grin

Spreading Igbo Softpower you mean.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:37am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:

Really? of course Yorubawood is different from Nollywood (Yoruba language and English Language). However, Yoruba producers are rocking the English movie industry too wink wink

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by azzima(m): 12:38am On Nov 24, 2015
juicee1:
na true sha.

But wait o! I thought DSTV announced that there will be AFricaMagic Igbo by april this year.

Where is it?
who wants to lose money?igbo station??dem negros are not relevant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:38am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:
Spreading Igbo Softpower you mean.

Just as Americans who produce movies spread black power? wink wink

We're making money out of your past tragic suicidal mission.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:39am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You are right.

Bunch of fake people. You will see them, they will be very yellow like overripe pawpaw and their parents will be as black as charcoal.

That always make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by MegaMan1987: 12:39am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:
Are you a learner? Of course, the Yorubas have Yoriwood, the Hausas, have Kannywood, while we Ndị Igbo own Nollywood. There's no argument there.

But Nollywood isn't Igbo speaking is it? It's ENGLISH language. And it's based in LAGOS a Yoruba state...Not an Igbo one. Lets see an Igbo speaking movie industry take off? You won't do it because you people don't respect your language. That's just a fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:39am On Nov 24, 2015
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:40am On Nov 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]Yoruba language is studied in 47 American varsities, says UI don
[/size]

[size=18pt]Yoruba Language Listed As Criteria To Join British Police
[/size]

[size=18pt]Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language .[/size]

[size=18pt] Scandinavian Countries to Teach Yoruba Language in Schools[/size]
(He said the duty and responsibility of the European chapter should be to cover 25 countries out of the 28 in Europe.)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by MegaMan1987: 12:40am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

"The Nigerian film industry is undoubtedly helping create jobs in a country with an economy that relies mainly on oil and agriculture. Over a million people are currently employed in the industry, making it the country’s largest employer after agriculture. Although Nigeria’s economy will grow by 7% this year, according to the African Development Bank, insufficient jobs for a growing youth population continue to be a huge concern. - See more at: http://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/may-2013/nigeria%E2%80%99s-film-industry-potential-gold-mine#sthash.5FYNfUOS.dpuf"

Get your red nose and dance now, Clown!

Sorry but I seriously disagree.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Tanko Almakura Controlling Traffic At Accident Scene / Isaac Kekemeke And Cladius Daramola Fight In Public - Leadership / Donald Duke 2019 Presidential Posters Sighted At Victoria Island Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.