Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service (28606 Views)

Military to launch Operation Ex-Crocodile Smile In Niger Delta / Pic; BBC To Launch Pigin English And Yoruba Services In Nigeria / Video: Oyibo Who Speaks Pidgin And Knows Nigeria More Than Some Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Are you a learner? Of course, the Yorubas have Yoriwood, the Hausas, have Kannywood, while we Ndị Igbo own Nollywood. There's no argument there.

MegaMan1987:

But you sacrificed your language for the money. Nollywood is ENGLISH SPEAKING not Igbo. The Igbo speaking movie industry barely exists because you aren't proud of your language or culture. Nollywood is more about quantity than quality. Yorubas and Hausas have our own industries. We won't sacrifice our language for money like Igbos. Igbos will do ANYTHING for money and that is and will always be your ultimate downfall.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:02am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Go face UN. http://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/may-2013/nigeria%E2%80%99s-film-industry-potential-gold-mine

Ok o I believe your lies o.

Where are the 1million employees in that industry? Please break it down for us.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:03am On Nov 24, 2015
MegaMan1987:

Are you really from Nigeria or are you one of these "overseas" Nigerians? If you're from Nigeria you wouldn't have even posted this comment. What a clown grin

"The Nigerian film industry is undoubtedly helping create jobs in a country with an economy that relies mainly on oil and agriculture. Over a million people are currently employed in the industry, making it the country’s largest employer after agriculture. Although Nigeria’s economy will grow by 7% this year, according to the African Development Bank, insufficient jobs for a growing youth population continue to be a huge concern. - See more at: http://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/may-2013/nigeria%E2%80%99s-film-industry-potential-gold-mine#sthash.5FYNfUOS.dpuf"

Get your red nose and dance now, Clown!

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:03am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:
Are you a learner? Of course, the Yorubas have Yoriwood, the Hausas, have Kannywood, while we Ndị Igbo own Nollywood. There's no argument there.

Na lie.

The igbos do not have any wood, even plank you no get. All the films produced in Nigeria are known as Nollywood whether ibibio, hausa, efik yoruba, bini english or nupe, The best you can have is Biafraudwood.

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:03am On Nov 24, 2015
superstar1:

Ok o I believe your lies o.

Where are the 1million employees in that industry? Please break it down for us.

You never see as UN post am? Go and ask UN.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:03am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Who cares, Nollywood is like the biggest employing industry after oil.

Thank God you said 'is like'.

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:04am On Nov 24, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
Davido has more fans.Lol,TF,Aye and Dorobucci were released last year ooo.Yemi has even started singing yoruba songs.

No mind them.... tongue ..... Igbo artists use the Yoruba language to make cheda because Yoruba is sweeet and widely spoken.

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:05am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

You never see as UN post am? Go and ask UN.

I said i believe your lies, but brain down the value chain within the industry and lemme see the 1million that are gainfully employed in that sector.

I am sure that was the lies you sold to GEJ, before he doled out our funds to your beaching yellow pawpaw actresses and actors.

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 24, 2015
Heyaaa! So you prefer to recognize foreign movie industries instead of Nollywood, an industry that has shed a great deal of positive light on the African continent, just because it is owned by Ndị Igbo? Jealousy go kill you oh!

IlekeHD:

Where are the million of people? In Igboland?

A selective few know nollywood for quality, not quantity.

When we talk about movie industry.....we're talking hollywood and bollywood. grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:06am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

"The Nigerian film industry is undoubtedly helping create jobs in a country with an economy that relies mainly on oil and agriculture. Over a million people are currently employed in the industry, making it the country’s largest employer after agriculture. Although Nigeria’s economy will grow by 7% this year, according to the African Development Bank, insufficient jobs for a growing youth population continue to be a huge concern. - See more at: http://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/may-2013/nigeria%E2%80%99s-film-industry-potential-gold-mine#sthash.5FYNfUOS.dpuf"

Get your red nose and dance now, Clown!

Yet the Yoruba producers are the ones making most of the money tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:07am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:
Heyaaa! So you prefer to recognize foreign movie industries instead of Nollywood, an industry that has shed a great deal of positive light on the African continent, just because it is owned by Ndị Igbo? Jealousy go kill you oh!

Nollywood has no quality, it has nothing to do with recognition. Igbo producers make movies that kills grey cells. Thanks to Yoruba producers, we occasionally have a breath of fresh air.

I only watch Yoruba and Nollywood movies. Yoruba movies make more sense. smiley

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:09am On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Have you been to soka forest lately

What is that name of the una actor that ingested drug that refused to go to toilet again ....? What about that pastor they caught in Enugu

Oga saint Bernard

Have you heard of okija shrine,i heard they pound children there,Chai!,baby factory,fake drugs,okija shrine,you are very lucky to have survive infancy in e-boil land,you know?.
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:10am On Nov 24, 2015

tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 24, 2015
But your brother already made it clear that y'all have your own movie industry now. I only helped him out with the names i.e Yoriwood(for Yoruba) and Kannywood(for Hausa). Be proud of your industries biko, stop attaching by force to our Nollywood, just because we've made it popular.

superstar1:

Na lie.

The igbos do not have any wood, even plank you no get. All the films produced in Nigeria are known as Nollywood whether ibibio, hausa, efik yoruba, bini english or nupe, The best you can have is Biafraudwood.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:11am On Nov 24, 2015
These useless igbo raggmuffins don dey regroup on hangout/whatsapp grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:12am On Nov 24, 2015
this is the list of the top 20 grossing Nigerian movies and tell me the directors that killed it most:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_Nigeria

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:12am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

Yet the Yoruba producers are the ones making most of the money tongue tongue

Yoruba guys making money promoting Igbo soft power? Cool, who minds?
Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:12am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:
But your brother already made it clear that y'all have your own movie industry now. I only helped him out with the names i.e Yoriwood(for Yoruba) and Kannywood(for Hausa). Be proud of your industries biko, stop attaching by force to our Nollywood, just because we've made it popular.

stop that nonsense..... Yorubas also own Nollywood cool

Our movie producers spit out movies that makes nollywood relevant. wink

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:13am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Yoruba guys making money promoting Igbo soft power? Cool, who minds?

Igbo power?

lmaoooo grin You mean movies with horrible plots?

Better thank Yoruba movies producers like Kunle wink

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:14am On Nov 24, 2015
Anyway, who cares about Nollywood, let's move on to literature...

Hehe. Evil laugh.

Just kidding.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:14am On Nov 24, 2015

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 24, 2015
Just go to You Tube and type in the names of the afore - mentioned movies. I watched them on Nollywood pictures TV, You Tube channel.

tonychristopher:

Where can I buy it NNE

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:16am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Hehe. Evil laugh.

Just kidding.

Go there na.... cheesy Do they in Igbo? How have they saved the igbo language from extinction lol.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:17am On Nov 24, 2015
nwanlecha:

You made nadal popular. The only thing you made popular in Nigeria is drug trafficking and every form of other crimes.

I repeat, Nollywood comprises all the films being produced in Nigeria whether Yoriwood or Kannywood or Biafraudwood. If you want an exclusive film industry, chill till your fraud of a nation becomes a reality.

How can youw own Nollywood, when the majority of the top 20 grossing movies are from SW

Y1bos can lie....jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x, why is this handle mentioned in the 'Commonwealth' thread. You did that on purpose, right? And on that note, why is the last 30 pages of that thread dedicated to Igbo people? For gods sakes.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:18am On Nov 24, 2015
superstar1:

You made nadal popular. The only thing you made popular in Nigeria is drug trafficking and every form of other crimes.

I repeat, Nollywood comprises all the films being produced in Nigeria whether Yoriwood or Kannywood or Biafraudwood. If you want an exclusive film industry, chill till your fraud of a nation becomes a reality.

[size=18pt]How can youw own Nollywood, when the majority of the top 20 grossing movies are from SW[/size]

Igbos like to lie to themselves...... it's not their fault, Yorubas have been staying quiet. grin grin grin

Yorubas own both Yoruba language music industry and Nollywood. smiley

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by superstar1(m): 12:19am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Hehe. Evil laugh.

Just kidding.

At best you will talk of Chinua Achebe and Chimamanda. The combo can still not lace the shoes of the Nobel laureate himself --- Wole Soyinka.

Produce one of that and we shall reckon with you in the literary world.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:19am On Nov 24, 2015
superstar1:

How can youw own Nollywood, when the majority of the top 20 grossing movies are from SW

Those films aren't typical Nollywood films. Obviously. The Nollywood of legend are the ones that churn out films in a week.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:20am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:
Shymm3x, why is this handle mentioned in the 'Commonwealth' thread. You did that on purpose, right? And on that note, why is the last 30 pages of that thread dedicated to Igbo people? For gods sakes.

When we discuss

1) Problems in Nigeria/SW

2) Crime in the SW

Of course we'll discuss you. no be so? smiley

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 24, 2015
So now you want a stake in Nollywood? You no well!
Abeg, stick with your Yoriwood, just as ndị Hausa are at peace with their Kannywood. grin

IlekeHD:

stop that nonsense..... Yorubas also own Nollywood cool

Our movie producers spit out movies that makes nollywood relevant. wink

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by ezeagu(m): 12:21am On Nov 24, 2015
IlekeHD:

When we discuss

1) Problems in Nigeria/SW

2) Crime in the SW

Of course we'll discuss you. no be so? smiley

Maybe the Enugu thread can be your template because not even Calabar is discussed there. That page is too busy with Enugu/southeast project's.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service by IlekeHD: 12:21am On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:

[size=18pt]Those films aren't typical Nollywood films[/size]. Obviously. The Nollywood of legend are the ones that churn out films in a week.

No they're not. They're better than the garbage igbo producers spit out : Quantity over Quality grin grin

But they're still classified as Nollywood wink

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Musa Mante: Gunmen Kill Bauchi Lawmaker, Kidnap His 2 Wives And Son / Dollar Bribes Received By Lawmakers To Pass PIB - Sahara Reporters / DSS forced Kanu’s lawyers to wear slippers - Ifeanyi Ejiofor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.