Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan (3609 Views)

Biafra:I’m Not Deceiving Igbos,Governor Okorocha Has Mental Problem–Nnamdi Kanu / BIAFRA: I’m Doing Same Thing Ojukwu Did, I Deserve Respect – Ngige / Biafra: I’m Doing What Ojukwu Taught Ndigbo, I Deserve Respect – Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by RichieF27: 3:35am On Nov 24, 2015
From Noah Ebije, Kaduna
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar 111, yesterday expressed worry over the increasing agitation for Biafra by some Igbo groups. He said the northern traditional council would soon send a delegation to Igbo leaders in the South East on the issue.
The Sultan spoke yesterday at the second General Assembly of the Northern Traditional Rulers’ Council in Kaduna.
This was even as the Sultan condoled with the people of Kogi, Benue and the entire country over the death of former Governor Abubakar Audu, the demise of Tor-Tiv, Alfred Torkula and the loss of Nigerian pilgrims during this year’s hajj in Saudi Arabia.
The Sultan, who chairs the council, said millions of Igbo resident in all parts of the country were against the Biafra agitation, hence, the need to send delegates for a dialogue to allow peace to reign.‎
He said: “We are very much concerned about this issue because we know we have millions of millions of Igbos residing with us in our homes, in our towns, in our states, very peacefully, very industrious, helping our communities and our economy to grow and so many of them as we know, keep telling us that they have nowhere else to live than where they are presently living.
“Since we have this coordination with millions and millions of them, what is happening now is a thing of concern to us and we believe we should look at this issue and most likely set up a small committee of senior traditional rulers to go to South-East and engage our brothers there (traditional rulers) so that we will know how we can come in to stop this agitation,” the Sultan said.
He commended some Igbo leaders and governors who did not support the agitation, adding that it must be condemned totally because, “we believe in dialogue, whatever the problem is with anybody, we believe we should sit down and discuss and a solution will be found.”
Also, the Governor of Adamawa State, Umar Jibrila Bindow, has raised the alarm over the influx of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) from neighbouring countries including Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad and Niger, describing it as ‘strange’.
Meanwhile, Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai, has also called on the traditional rulers to explore employment opportunities paticularly in agriculture. Mallam El-rufai said, Nigeria currently spends more than half of its foreign revenue on importation of food and fuel, stressing that the sad situation limits opportunities for citizens of the Northern region.
He said: “We live in a nation that spends more than half of its foreign exchange earnings on importing food and fuel.”

Source:: The Sun Newspaper

https://nigerianewspapers.com.ng/biafra-im-worried-says-sultan.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 24, 2015
lol...he is just worried for those who will rot in jail...Biafra.= our greedy fraudulent neighbors..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Femolacaster(m): 3:44am On Nov 24, 2015
Nyanmiris want Biafra. Give them Biafra!

1 Like

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Liftkid(m): 3:44am On Nov 24, 2015
RichieF27:
From Noah Ebije, Kaduna
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar 111, yesterday expressed worry over the increasing agitation for Biafra by some Igbo groups. He said the northern traditional council would soon send a delegation to Igbo leaders in the South East on the issue.
The Sultan spoke yesterday at the second General Assembly of the Northern Traditional Rulers’ Council in Kaduna.
This was even as the Sultan condoled with the people of Kogi, Benue and the entire country over the death of former Governor Abubakar Audu, the demise of Tor-Tiv, Alfred Torkula and the loss of Nigerian pilgrims during this year’s hajj in Saudi Arabia.
The Sultan, who chairs the council, said millions of Igbo resident in all parts of the country were against the Biafra agitation, hence, the need to send delegates for a dialogue to allow peace to reign.‎
He said: “We are very much concerned about this issue because we know we have millions of millions of Igbos residing with us in our homes, in our towns, in our states, very peacefully, very industrious, helping our communities and our economy to grow and so many of them as we know, keep telling us that they have nowhere else to live than where they are presently living.
“Since we have this coordination with millions and millions of them, what is happening now is a thing of concern to us and we believe we should look at this issue and most likely set up a small committee of senior traditional rulers to go to South-East and engage our brothers there (traditional rulers) so that we will know how we can come in to stop this agitation,” the Sultan said.
He commended some Igbo leaders and governors who did not support the agitation, adding that it must be condemned totally because, “we believe in dialogue, whatever the problem is with anybody, we believe we should sit down and discuss and a solution will be found.”
Also, the Governor of Adamawa State, Umar Jibrila Bindow, has raised the alarm over the influx of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) from neighbouring countries including Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad and Niger, describing it as ‘strange’.
Meanwhile, Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai, has also called on the traditional rulers to explore employment opportunities paticularly in agriculture. Mallam El-rufai said, Nigeria currently spends more than half of its foreign revenue on importation of food and fuel, stressing that the sad situation limits opportunities for citizens of the Northern region.
He said: “We live in a nation that spends more than half of its foreign exchange earnings on importing food and fuel.”

He is just worried ? Some people will soon start committing suicide

9 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by kenny987(f): 3:50am On Nov 24, 2015
RichieF27:

What about the discussions at the CONFAB? What is being done with resolutions thereof? What is so indivisible about Nigeria? Lugard's words?! What is so wonderful with d current Nigeria when there is no ongoing effort to ensure equality with regions developing at their pace with their resources?

17 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Aufbauh(m): 3:59am On Nov 24, 2015
I shared a similar sentiment with the sultan as i can't be make to believe that the agitations from some disgruntled people represent the interest and stance of the entire Igbo people.
We live with most of them outside their communities, share common business interests and even have Igbo relatives, their interest is not of biafra secession but for an egalitarian society where their businesses and interest can thrive.
I am not against self determination for secession but the indigenous people needs to be reminded that their agitations is not to their interest and is not helping their kins outside their communities neither.
Moreso, the way and manners the agitations is been expressed will leave any discerning minds to think it is an expression of pseudo-political opposition to the present administration.

1 Like

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by ikechu1278: 4:11am On Nov 24, 2015
Boko Haram is currently doing huge damage in that part of the zoo yet this niggas are more worried about wtf biafrans are doing. Just see am. See wetin luggard forced us in a nation with.
Luggard wherever you are, I hope you are burning in the deepest part of hell.

Sultan yes you spoke to millions of Igbo and they all told you how they are "one niggeria". Why did you even stop at millions, you should have said billions, trillions even. Trillions of Igbo ran up to you and told you how much they want Nigeria. Mscheeeweee Nonsense

They keep disturbing us with propaganda. Keep narrating "let's dialogue and find the problem". I guess una are tired of claiming and lying to unaselves that "it's because of GEJ".
Wtf una dialoguing for when you've anyway told yourselves as much sh1ts as una want to make yourselves sleep better at night while we've repeatedly said our demands.

It's simple: give us referendum and prove this your "millions" belief correct. When the referendum proves ipob accurate, divide the nation. Una can be "one Nigeria" with whoever wants to be "Nigeria" while biafra would be with whoever wants to be Biafra... It's just that simple

While I'm at it, those niggas una are planning to go meet are NOT biafran leaders. Our leaders are in all biafran groups aka Billie, ipob, bzm and even massob. Anybody else is a nobody.

In addition, even if SE decides to stop fighting for biafra, which I highly doubt they would, best believe asaba and the rest of anioma are not stopping because we are tired of this shithole una call a nation.

Lord luggard I really hope you are burning in the deepest part of hell.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 24, 2015
ikechu1278:
Boko Haram is currently doing huge damage in that part of the zoo yet this niggas are more worried about wtf biafrans are doing. Just see am. See wetin luggard forced us in a nation with.
Luggard wherever you are, I hope you are burning in the deepest part of hell.

Sultan yes you spoke to millions of Igbo and they all told you how they are "one niggeria". Why did you even stop at millions, you should have said billions, trillions even. Trillions of Igbo ran up to you and told you how much they want Nigeria. Mscheeeweee Nonsense

They keep disturbing us with propaganda. Keep narrating "let's dialogue and find the problem". I guess una are tired of claiming and lying to unaselves that "it's because of GEJ".
Wtf una dialoguing for when you've anyway told yourselves as much sh1ts as una want to make yourselves sleep better at night while we've repeatedly said our demands.

It's simple: give us referendum and prove this your "millions" belief correct. When the referendum proves ipob accurate, divide the nation. Una can be "one Nigeria" with whoever wants to be "Nigeria" while biafra would be with whoever wants to be Biafra... It's just that simple

While I'm at it, those niggas una are planning to go meet are NOT biafran leaders. Our leaders are in all biafran groups aka Billie, ipob, bzm and even massob. Anybody else is a nobody.

In addition, even if SE decides to stop fighting for biafra, which I highly doubt they would, best believe asaba and the rest of anioma are not stopping because we are tired of this shithole una call a nation.

Lord luggard I really hope you are burning in the deepest part of hell.
ODE alai ni ronu
Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by ikechu1278: 4:37am On Nov 24, 2015
skaksuzzy:
ODE alai ni ronu

See am screeching. Onye Ara!! Who opened the gate and let this one out?

18 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by CyberWolf: 5:37am On Nov 24, 2015
All we are saying is conduct a referendum let's decide for ourselves..is that too much to ask? If the zoo believes all is well and the animals are happy as they claimed, why are they shying away from referendum? angry

10 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by palladin: 5:56am On Nov 24, 2015
Everybody's mocking Biafra since the flood.
Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by onelover12: 5:57am On Nov 24, 2015
Igbo resident

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Blackfire(m): 6:03am On Nov 24, 2015
Uwa mmebi.

Opin aye.
Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:06am On Nov 24, 2015
This sultan must be a foolish man what type of weed are you smoking or do you need another wife silly man so you think the so called eastern kings dictate for us you are mad here is not aboki land that your words are alpha if you want to talk to someone nnamdi kanu is the man aside him you are just a useless inconsequential fooool on a base less mission face your brothers in the north they need peace meanwhile biafra can't exceed 2015 mark my words .

10 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Emmalaw10(m): 6:07am On Nov 24, 2015
Akwobeghi beans akara na-esi.. Let nobody commit suicide yet! I repeat, let nobody commit suicide yet!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by captainflash(m): 6:07am On Nov 24, 2015
Biafra for their people, by their people, and to their people, but why is ur honorable leader behind bars?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by coolzeal(m): 6:08am On Nov 24, 2015
skaksuzzy:
lol...he is just worried for those who will rot in jail...Biafra.= our greedy fraudulent neighbors..
Absolutely..... That should encourage you to support the Biafra course, so you don't have to share a country with your so called greedy fraudulent neighbors.

You hate them yet, you don't want them to leave.. This is crazy..

11 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by yang(m): 6:16am On Nov 24, 2015
Akwobedi beans akwo akara Ana esi

We Biafrans are republicans

Anybody that claims to be a king in Biafra Land is a fake warrant chief installed by the British and paid by the zoo

We do not negotiate with terrorist sultan or zoo Baboons and monkeys

Strange that the foolish sultan is more worried about Biafra without a single statement on Boko haram killing people in the North per second

These are the kind of idiots you want me to keep sharing a country with

Low thinking Animals

Biafra is here

Gwazikwa ndi yard unu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by IAMTHEHERO: 6:19am On Nov 24, 2015
''very industrious, helping our communities and our economy to grow "- SULTAN OF SOKOTO

Will the children of hatred agree? Should l call their names?

10 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by naijaking1: 6:20am On Nov 24, 2015
Sarduana of Sokoto his great uncle or father, or whatever said" we must treat southerners as conquered people, never allowing them to determine their own own fate. We must make it impossible for them to govern themselves"

From this point of view, what does this man who never condemn Boko Haram Killing of southners have to say now. Last I checked he was buying cheap publicity in the Arab World by denouncing ISIS while ignoring local Boko Haram

2 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by win1234: 6:26am On Nov 24, 2015
Dear Sultan, ur eminence, thank you for your concern for the Igbos living in other parts of Nigeria. But let also remind u ur eminence that more are living beyond the shores of Nigeria, and we are all tired of ur Nigeria bc we see no future in Nigeria, Nigeria has been gang raped by ur people & their Yoruba cronies with its resources exploited & d masses abandoned. Sir, we & parents builts those businesses u see outside Igbo land with just £20, dont u see that we will do better if we rule ourself, as God is helping us. I live in the north bt am willing to resign mi job & be a farmer in Biafra land. We need to also remind u sir that we that live outside Igbo land did not do it out of choice but of necessity & to survive & if given the opportunity will be willing to go home. For home is the best. Bless u ur eminence.

16 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by moyakz(m): 6:32am On Nov 24, 2015
now i see misappropriation of brain resources.how could a 'big mouthed' sultan leave his burning house to quench sm1 else's fire??
you have boko-haram killing ur very own,yet u worry abt biafra?(are u on drugs sir?).you said you believe in dialogue?y not let the nigerian army sit back and watch ur boko boys while u dialog with them first?
sorry to say this sir,you are too wicked,unintelligent and insensitive to lead a people,let alone be called a sultan.go settle ur boys b4 u jump into issues that won't profit u!thanks in advance as u do.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Yujin(m): 6:42am On Nov 24, 2015
Let's conduct a referendum so that the true choice of our people will be made known. When you the northern muslims were busy slaying our people as though they were your domestic animals meant for such, you didn't know such a day will come. Its now you know that you have been leaving in peace with them and they've been helping develop your communities. Now you have come out to admit that they have been of help to your people but some down south still call them parasites and have constantly been trying to drive them out of their own region. We are tired of the whole system and will not want to gamble further. One thing is sure with biafra. We will never be slaughtered like animals anymore. Our businesses will be safe from looters and wanton destruction. We will have our rights like bonafide citizens of our fatherland. We do not want your Nigeria anymore. A retrogressive contraption that kills dreams like alum neutralizing the taste in a liquid. We do not want to be in a land which is meant to be ours too but we are treated as foreigners. Give us referendum.
Now to the traditional rulers of the various cities and towns that make up biafra. Leaders are meant to protect the interest of their lands and people. The many frustrated youth have benefitted close to nothing from you yet they respect you. They reason that the neglect of our lands is as the result of the gang up against our regions from the northern and western leaders to deprive us of anything meaningful. They failed to realise that that in it self will cause a trouble itself as young people will always ask questions when frustration sets in. Sanusi warned them but they didn't listen or they where just waiting to see if we will make these demands. Today, our youth are angry and frustrated at the deliberate neglect of our regions and the wanton killings of our people in the north. You traditional rulers what have done to assuage their feelings? close to nothing! Will you still come out and sell them off just so can appear politically correct? Will you deny them a right that the UN has already given them? Will you join in calling for the continuation of the system that bred this ill feeling in the first place? Ndi n'achi anyi unu a ga-ebunye anyi nnu hakpo anyi mmiri? Many youths already have been killed by the Nigerian government during the first stages of the PEACEFUL PROTEST, did you ask the government why they murdered your subjects like fowls? Did you say anything when many were hounded in jails just for protesting against the evil system. If you cannot support us do not make a mockery of our struggles. Its our destiny we are trying to shape. We are tired of this evil Nigeria with her devilish structures. We want Biafra.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by ArodeTsolaye: 6:50am On Nov 24, 2015
Has gworo-chewing junaid mohammed seen this picture?

10 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 24, 2015
We, the peoples of Biafra will not negotiate with jihardits
any Biafran living in the North should do two things.

1. document your assets and provide it to the Lower Niger Congress.
Splitting Nigeria does not mean you will forfeit your the fruits of your sweat. it means you have investment in a neighboring country.

2. Have an exit plan in case the blood thirsty descendants of Usman Dan Fodio lose control like they normally do.

Mr. Sultan, can you tell us the number of Biafrans who have lost their lives so far, simply because they are called Nigerians?

You have never addressed the menace of the Fulani herdsmen, nor condole with us over losses since the day of the current Jihardism.

shame on any Biafran that will be deceived by your hypocrisy.

Long live Biafra.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by fx45(m): 6:52am On Nov 24, 2015
Aufbauh:
I shared a similar sentiment with the sultan as i can't be make to believe that the agitations from some disgruntled people represent the interest and stance of the entire Igbo people.
We live with most of them outside their communities, share common business interests and even have Igbo relatives, their interest is not of biafra secession but for an egalitarian society where their businesses and interest can thrive.
I am not against self determination for secession but the indigenous people needs to be reminded that their agitations is not to their interest and is not helping their kins outside their communities neither.
Moreso, the way and manners the agitations is been expressed will leave any discerning minds to think it is an expression of pseudo-political opposition to the present administration.
1. How about convening a referendum to determine the opinion and thrust of the majority of the people? I think common sense dictates we do that. Let us put it to a vote and allow the opinion of the majority to hold sway. That is what civilised societies do.

2. There are millions of Igbos living and doing business peacefully in several parts of the world. Why should Nigeria be different? The Igbo community in Benin Republic and Gabon alone is almost as much as those living in Northern Nigeria. In Equatorial Guinea, Igbo language is one of their official languages. That alone tells a story.

3. I find it insulting for someone to equate the Biafran struggle to the useless politics of the Zoo. Biafrans want a state of their own where they can feel free to worship their God in their own way. They desire to chart the course of their destiny by themselves.

Lastly, Biafrans are COMPLETELY.... I repeat COMPLETELY fed up with the contraption called Nigeria and the way things are run here. Nigeria is a slave camp and Biafrans want out!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Onyejiuwaokoh: 6:54am On Nov 24, 2015
I pray to God to grant us Biafra, Nigeria has only produced killings, corruption and terrorism. Jesus we need your assistance because with you everything is possible. Oh lord save your people and let them be freed to worship you wholeheartedly.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by cyberdurable(m): 6:58am On Nov 24, 2015
lol zoo Hw far
Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 24, 2015
RichieF27:
From Noah Ebije, Kaduna

lol.
Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by MosquitoLaps(m): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2015
Hehehe!!! The Ab0kis are concerned! Nigeria is really an interesting season film, I tell ya.
Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by Earthkumy(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2015
I hear u.

What type of weapons are military recovering under Buhari, take a look here? www.nairaland.com/2758227/military-under-gej-recovers-weapons
Re: Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan by otukpo(f): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2015
It calls for worry, really.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Allocation To Each State In March 2016.check Out How Much Osun State Got / Igbo's Don't Like Northerners? / More Graphic Photos Of Dino Melaye's Injury After Gunmen Invade PDP Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.