Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others (19531 Views)

Cancel All Rerun Election Results In Rivers And Conduct Fresh Polls- APC To INEC / INEC Knew Of Audu’s Death Before Announcing Results / Olufemi Olu-kayode Confirms Audu's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Etizz: 10:00am On Nov 24, 2015
Trioxocarbonate:

Igala

Someone is saying yoruba
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Etizz: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2015
sursur:
yoruba

Someone is saying igala
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Mamatee07: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Elle277:
I concur..instead of doing a rerun on the 19 locals..let APC bring out a strong candidate from the primaries(that's the eccence of primary), and inec will conduct a fresh election..at least let the people of kogi know who exactly to vote for...and may their choice candidate come out victorious!..my opinion tho

Do you know how much it will cost Nigeria to run a new election? It will also set a precedence so if the candidate of a small party dies in future they will also have to run another election! That Is not practical. You vote for th party which is why no candidate's name is on the ballot but party name. The whole purpose of running mate is for the person to step in if anything happens such as death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Frajorge(m): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Really a convincing and objective viewpoint on the kogi election saga. This is the direction inec should go.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by mapet: 10:07am On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Death of a governorship candidate does not form basis for a cancelling of election. The argument of these men is invalide considering that the candidate has a running mate that is prepared in case of any eventualities(such as this). James Faleke will naturally step up while APC nominates a new Deputy.

Don't mind gullible folks. They just go only and take scanty statements from pseudo-lawyers or lawyers of no repute. Where in the constitution was it stated that the death of a candidate invalidates an election?

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by dreams1987(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2015
Adayi1:

from ur analysis... Its igala or no one else in kogi state... Dont u think God owns power and gives to anyone he deem fit...... E go do them like magic
Let's pray sooooo and pray for the best in the state
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by docadams: 10:09am On Nov 24, 2015
Most discussions so far tend to disregard the place and interest of Faleke in the scheme of things. Is he not interested in becoming a governor?

I think the most critical issue is how APC resolves the issue within the party rather than what INEC is going to do.

As we speak, I am sure Faleke is neck deep in discussion with erudite lawyers on the pros and cons of his chances. He won't hesitate to take his party to court should his interest be jeopardized like Amechi did. APC will do well to allow Faleke take over the mantle.

The most plausible step is for INEC to conclude the inconclusive part of the election.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by dreams1987(m): 10:10am On Nov 24, 2015
Nazirano:

coming frm a typical igala man, y do u tink if a igala man is nt d flag bearer Apc will loss, or is it only igala's dat re in kogi state, if kogi west nd central should come together nd field a candidate, wat do tink ur chances re, i definitely knw a time wil come nd d igala's wil become d minority in kogi state. D oda regions in the state, re watchin nd waiting patiently 4 Dere turn.
Well till they unite together...... Buh for now let's pray folr the best in d state and see how it plays out
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by dreams1987(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2015
Nazirano:

coming frm a typical igala man, y do u tink if a igala man is nt d flag bearer Apc will loss, or is it only igala's dat re in kogi state, if kogi west nd central should come together nd field a candidate, wat do tink ur chances re, i definitely knw a time wil come nd d igala's wil become d minority in kogi state. D oda regions in the state, re watchin nd waiting patiently 4 Dere turn.
Well till they unite together...... Buh for now let's pray for the best in d state and see how it plays out
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Trioxocarbonate: 10:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Etizz:

Someone is saying yoruba

Anyone who says Audu is a Yoruba man must be high on dried pawpaw leaf grin grin grin
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Babzrockman: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2015
Conducting re-run instead of supplementary is tantamont to waste of state resources. Inasmuch the ticket is not only for Audu, the votes casted is valid. Thats y it is joint ticket.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by GENTLETEE(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2015
It makes sense and has been my position.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Elle277(f): 10:32am On Nov 24, 2015
Mamatee07:

Do you know how much it will cost Nigeria to run a new election? It will also set a precedence so if the candidate of a small party dies in future they will also have to run another election! That Is not practical. You vote for th party which is why no candidate's name is on the ballot but party name. The whole purpose of running mate is for the person to step in if anything happens such as death.
I don't agree in your perception.. besides I know uncountable number of people who vote for buhari and not APC..so?.. I personally vote for individual and not party, I'm not a politician.. again the late Audu has not been declared winner..what's too much in giving a whole state the opportunity to choose their leader.. (a candidate of their choice).. to me whatever cost that will be added to 19 lg to have a fresh rerun is never too much abeg..("my opinion tho" Nigeria has Constitution, let them follow it)sorry for the typos..phone things
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2015
donphilopus:

Ibrahim Isah Echocho comes to mind.
Echocho is not the fan of the Christains because he is a fanatic but I guess James Ocholi will not be a bad Idea.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by johnpalmer774(m): 10:42am On Nov 24, 2015
OnankpaBa:
I think fresh poll is the only way out. Wada contest against Audu and not his deputy.

Rubbish comments , Wada never contested against Audu instead PDP Contested against APC . both Wada and audu names does not appear on Ballot Papers it was PDP AND APC that was on ballot papers.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Etizz: 11:10am On Nov 24, 2015
Trioxocarbonate:

Anyone who says Audu is a Yoruba man must be high on dried pawpaw leaf grin grin grin

grin pawpaw dried leave dey high??
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by donphilopus: 11:22am On Nov 24, 2015
Augustbreak:
Echocho is not the fan of the Christains because he is a fanatic but I guess James Ocholi will not be a bad Idea.

Wow. . .Maybe that's the reason my Muslim friend from Igala loves him so much. That my friend also sounds like a fanatic. Though his parents are Christians but he's a Muslim who doesn't like accompanying anybody to Church either for Thanksgiving or any other thing.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 24, 2015
Toosure70:
We voted for party not Audu.

You and who voted for party? Dude speak for yourself alone.
As far as I am concerned, we voted for Audu.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by wiseoneking: 11:29am On Nov 24, 2015
Toosure70:
your likes are the problem we have with Nigeria. Drug addicts, well known corrupt men, killers of your family are higly wellcome to contest and win you vote as long as they are apc. See your life with your CHANGE. Lol
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Mekzmoney(m): 11:31am On Nov 24, 2015
OgundeleT:
my question is this: if it were to be the candidate of PPA or one unpopular party that died on election date like this will they order rerun as well? We need to be very careful in this case bcus this case may repeat itself even during presidential election and it may happen to one unpopular party are we going to order rerun in the whole federation bcus of somebody that secure 32000 votes out of almost 40m votes? Remember what is good for the goose is good for the gander
Dis case is difrnt my frnd. If it were to be candidate of any unpopular part dat died and he's leading in d vote, there wud re-run. But if he's nt winning and he dies, it would continue...... So if dat Audu (APC) does nt win dis election and he died on d process, he wud be buried and they would still declare d winner. So its beta they re-run and if they are gonna bring dat yoruba man as APC candidate dis time, then sorry 4 APC, because no igala person dat wud vote 4him and u knw dat igalas are d majority....
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by possibilita(m): 11:31am On Nov 24, 2015
Toosure70:
wrong bro or maybe sis

We voted 4 the man in the party not the party coz if Buhari is in PDP,ppl wud vote PDP.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by wiseoneking: 11:37am On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Death of a governorship candidate does not form basis for a cancelling of election. The argument of these men is invalide considering that the candidate has a running mate that is prepared in case of any eventualities(such as this). James Faleke will naturally step up while APC nominates a new Deputy.
Eyaah, men of little iQ, you dont know anything though thats is your level of reasoning. Read the op's submissions carefully this time and get rid of your IGNORANCE.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by livinbygrace: 11:41am On Nov 24, 2015
I
Elle277:
I don't agree in your perception.. besides I know uncountable number of people who vote for buhari and not APC..so?.. I personally vote for individual and not party, I'm not a politician.. again the late Audu has not been declared winner..what's too much in giving a whole state the opportunity to choose their leader.. (a candidate of their choice).. to me whatever cost that will be added to 19 lg to have a fresh rerun is never too much abeg..("my opinion tho" Nigeria has Constitution, let them follow it)sorry for the typos..phone things

Keep quiet if u don't have any reasonable thing to say.Did you know how much it cost to run an election?The timing,logistics ,Human resources so on?
It's easier said than done.
People voted for the party and not individual.EVen if you voted for individual ,he is under the party.You mean if it was Accord party"s candidate that slumped and died they should cancel the whole election?
It's very straight forward,the running mate is in better position to take over.He not there for figure head but in case of eventualities.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 24, 2015
donphilopus:

Wow. . .Maybe that's the reason my Muslim friend from Igala loves him so much. That my friend also sounds like a fanatic. Though his parents are Christians but he's a Muslim who doesn't like accompanying anybody to Church either for Thanksgiving or any other thing.
Yes.the muslims love him so much but the christains does not.There was a time he wanted running for Governor,his intended deputy was also a muslim.I doubt if the Igala Christains will vote for him.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by flameH(m): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2015
If the constitution states that it's parties not candidates(not individual). I think there's is no need for fresh elections. APC should field the runner-up of their primary in the supplementary election. Since the late Audu's Deputy didn't partake in the party's primary election or purchased the party's Intent of Governorship Form and the election was declared inconclusive. Just my take sha...... Court will explain better.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Sant1m: 11:55am On Nov 24, 2015
Trioxocarbonate:

Let APC present an Igala man or bye bye to APC in Kogi state.

An average Igala will go for his tribe before party.
Most PDP apologists before the election ve suddenly become Igala because of the situation on hand. Suddenly PDP wants afresh election because the momentum is with APC. Sorry PDP their will be no fresh election if i am to suggest. Also with or without an Igala candidate APC will still win, the remaining polling units have 49000 voters in the register out of which only 25000 have collected their PVC, Audu was already ahead with over 41000 votes, even if all the 25000 votes for PDP during the supplementary election APC will carry the day regardless of who they present.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by johnpalmer774(m): 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
OgundeleT:
my question is this: if it were to be the candidate of PPA or one unpopular party that died on election date like this will they order rerun as well? We need to be very careful in this case bcus this case may repeat itself even during presidential election and it may happen to one unpopular party are we going to order rerun in the whole federation bcus of somebody that secure 32000 votes out of almost 40m votes? Remember what is good for the goose is good for the gander

Thank You for your Wonderful Comments that is the reason why there wont be total cancellation of the the election, in fact INEC Errand by Law to have Declared APC Winner because total accreditation Voters from the Local government where election was not held is about 25,000 voters which is less than what APC was leading with so i guess INEC played a foul Game there which APC might decide to approach court of Law with.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by johnpalmer774(m): 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
OnankpaBa:

my brother, am an igala man and i knew the political atmosphere already. Kogites are patiently waiting for APC's decision, and if all is not well with APCs choice of candidates, they should forget about it in Kogi.

As it stand, Wada stand a better chance.

Mr Man i don't care if you from Igala or Agatu , one thing you need to understand is that the only affected areal where election was not head have about 49,000 registered Voters and only about 25,000 collected PVC so if the whole 25,000 with PVC Voted for PDP , APC will still win remember they already leading with 41,000 votes already.
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by EricSmallz(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
OnankpaBa:
I think fresh poll is the only way out. Wada contest against Audu and not his deputy.
Rubish. Its APC VS PDP. . .. Not the candidates. If APC Wins, they win. Its APC's headache to select a deputy. There is what we call Presumption Of The Law. . The law needs not be always express. . . Its constitutional that when a gov. dies, the deputy replaces him. So whats these stress about
Re: Audu’s Death: There Should Be Fresh Polls In Kogi, Say Don, Others by Johnrake69: 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Technically, the constitution did. If we are to follow the SC judgement of the past, then we'll see that the case is very straightforward. Otherwise, why should people be calling for cancellation when the law never permit that? In fact, INEC has NO power to cancel result after announcement. FACT!

The truth is that some people are being partisan and senimental over this subject. The purpose of Vice/Deputy is for eventualities and not to fill space.

Bro I think your missing the point. The scenario you just analyzed is when a candidate has emerged as the governor elect. Now the election has been ruled inconclusive. So its actually not as straightforward as you think, remember there was suppose to be a rerun for 59 polling units. It will be unfair to have two different candidates complete one electoral process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abba Moro: Benue Killings, Enough Is Enough, It’s Time To Defend Our Existence / Police Arraign Seun Kuti In Court, Seek Order To Remand Him For 21 Days / CBN Cancels N100 Monthly ATM Maintenance Fee...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.