Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

A Woman Is Beautiful When She Has A Heart For The Poor – Bolanle Dare - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Woman Is Beautiful When She Has A Heart For The Poor – Bolanle Dare (1331 Views)

Why The Modern Woman Is Sad / What Really Is The Way To A Man's Heart? (for The Men Only) / Why Do The Poor Have More Babies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Is Beautiful When She Has A Heart For The Poor – Bolanle Dare by JJYOU: 11:38am On May 24, 2009
[size=14pt] A woman is beautiful when she has a heart for the poor – Bolanle Dare[/size]
By KEMI ASHEFON Published: Sunday, 24 May 2009

Bolanle Dare is a woman in many packs – a businesswoman, a politician, a philanthropist and much more. But her current desire lies in Mother Theresa Orphanage, which she runs in Gwarimpa, Abuja. Less than two years old, it has been tagged Abuja celebrity orphanage. Why? Many celebrities visit the orphanage to mark certain events in their lives and give gifts to the children. Moreover, these children are named after Very Important Persons – Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama, Umaru Yar‘Adua, Turai Yar‘Adua, Olusegun Obasanjo and a host of others.

”I don‘t see them as orphans or abandoned children,” she corrected. ”These children were sent to me for a purpose and I chose great names for them so that they would become great in future. Of all I have ever done in life-business and politics, I believe God has given me the grace to run an orphanage and take care of these children. I have been called by God and I have a bond with children.”

Quite fashionable and a head-tuner at any event, Yeye has succeeded in doing same to all the children in the home. Any visitor to the Mother Theresa Home would see the children neatly and uniquely dressed. ”Though some people bring used clothes to the orphanage, the children don‘t wear them. Rather, we give them to other less privileged kids. I can‘t look good and wear used clothes for my children! There are over five suitcases in my office now with new clothes for the kids. We don‘t give our babies sub -standard milk. It must be SMA Gold or nothing. God has told me that whatever I would not give my biological kids, I should not give those at the orphanage. We have had people bringing in toys, new clothes, food and diapers and that has really been helpful. Running an orphanage of that standard is expensive. We spend over N1.5million every month on their needs which include hospital bills. We have premature babies who undergo daily treatment. There are some who were brought in HIV-infected and some with other ailments. Though the hospitals try to reduce how much we pay, we still put in lots of money on drugs because we have many babies. We have 30 nannies that run shifts, a matron who is a practising nurse, five supervisors and a driver and all these are on salary,” the Ijesa born socialite explained.

Who would Yeye describe as a fashionable woman? Simple. ”When a woman has a heart for the poor, she is beautiful. Beauty does not come with diamonds, expensive clothes, shoes or bags. It comes from a kind heart. A heart that can produce the milk of mercy and kindness. I have sacrificed the comfort of my wardrobe to the upkeep of these children and I know that has made me more beautiful,” came her answer.

Born almost 42 years ago, Yeye, as she is fondly called, emerged The Best Humanitarian at the City People 2009 Awards. Recently, she bagged another award on humanitarian from the National Council of Catholic Women Organisations. ”I want nothing in life but to do my part- to lift a tired and weary heart. When God called me to start an orphanage, I did not understand what He meant. Although I have been helping other children and paid their school fees, the idea of an orphanage never crossed my mind. At the time God spoke, I was renovating a property in Gwarimpa, Abuja, which I wanted to use personally. In fact, I didn‘t tell the engineer but decided to turn it to an orphanage. I travelled abroad, bought all things that children would need – toys, clothes, sanitary wares and lots more. At a point, I thought I was running mad because of the pace at which I was investing in the project. I emptied my account. Then, I was not bothered about clothes or jewellery. As a matter of fact, I was ready to sell as many diamonds I could lay my hands on. I knew God wanted to make a statement through me in the lives of the children that would be in the orphanage. By the time I clocked 40 on December 6, 2007, I opened up the home and we had our first baby, a girl. I named her Bolanle, after which four others came. In all, we have 33 babies now with the recent one named Segun Oni. He came when the governor was sworn in,” she said.

The mother of four (two boys and two girls) would not forget certain experiences she had at the orphanage: ”It had opened me to the callous nature in some women and girls. There was a day I was summoned to see a girl who was in labour and would not want the baby after birth. I was there and even helped with the delivery. Right inside the bush, as the baby came out, and we were about cleaning her up, this girl stood up and ran away with blood dripping from her private part! There was a young woman who abandoned her set of twins but left the father‘s address in the pocket of the dresses on them. When we found him, he was living in an uncompleted house. He came to visit them once and we have never seen him since. There is a baby whose mother died and was abandoned by the father. I now advise young girls to stop dumping babies. Whenever they get pregnant and nobody to claim paternity, why not report to an orphanage or the social welfare department? Some babies have died in wherever they were dumped, some killed by wild animals or they are infected. It has taken God‘s grace and I have been asking the FCT minister to help us with our land. If we can build an orphanage on our permanent site, we can accommodate 250 children then. This place is too small for us.” http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200905244353868

Re: A Woman Is Beautiful When She Has A Heart For The Poor – Bolanle Dare by tpiah2: 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
lord have mercy.
Re: A Woman Is Beautiful When She Has A Heart For The Poor – Bolanle Dare by Swissheart(f): 11:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
Great... ...

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary / Naughty Wife Talks: A Frigid Wife Versus A Tired Wife / see what a Bold Mother wrote on facebook (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.