Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders (680 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi / Corrupt Leaders Will Flee Nigeria If Buhari Wins –okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by JJYOU: 12:12pm On May 24, 2009
[size=18pt]PDP Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders[/size]

Worried by the widespread corruption in the country, a PDP chieftain in Sokoto State has prescribed the death penalty for culprits as the only solution to the menace.

The party chieftain, Alhaji Muntari Mapia, told newsmen in Sokoto that such hard stance would deter leaders from dipping their hands into the public treasury.

“Many elected and appointed leaders do not see their offices as opportunities for service; many believe it is a chance to steal,” he said.

He attributed Nigeria’s slow growth to corruption among the leaders and advised the National Assembly to seek a way out. “We have all that it takes to reach the promised land being a blessed nation, but what we lack is discipline and the right leadership,’’ he said.

He warned members of the National Assembly that the present and future generations would not forgive them if they failed to lay a concrete foundation by enacting laws that would deal with corruption in all its facets.

Mapia advised the federal government to show more commitment to the war against corruption so as to propel Nigeria to greater heights.

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/23052009/weekendobserver/news/5.html
Re: Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by MrCrackles(m): 12:16pm On May 24, 2009
Death penalty sounds too harsh!
Re: Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 24, 2009
there is no need calling for penalties that are unimplementable

the reason there is corruption is not due to lack of laws but lack of implementation of existing laws
Re: Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by blacksta(m): 12:25pm On May 24, 2009
Welcome development - but unlikely.
Re: Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by chidichris(m): 12:29pm On May 24, 2009

MrCrackles,
what is harsh about killing a killer?
do u know how many lives we lost on daily bases because of the harshness of our so-called leaders?
if a doctor knows the implication of stealing public funds, he will remain in his profession.
the problem with this opinion is who will make it a law? these law breakers in our national assembly? almost all are guilty of one crime or the other.
i will support death penalty and a life ban on all relaives of offenders then nigeria will be forced to have electricity, good roads, security and develope like other rich countries of the world.
Re: Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by MrCrackles(m): 12:32pm On May 24, 2009
chidichris:

MrCrackles,
what is harsh about killing a killer?
do u know how many lives we lost on daily bases because of the harshness of our so-called leaders?
if a doctor knows the implication of stealing public funds, he will remain in his profession.
the problem with this opinion is who will make it a law? these law breakers in our national assembly? almost all are guilty of one crime or the other.
i will support death penalty and a life ban on all relaives of offenders then nigeria will be forced to have electricity, good roads, security and develope like other rich countries of the world.

That is my opinion and i stand firmly by it!

There are other punishments/penalties better than death for corruption/or for corrupt leaders
Re: Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by vanitty: 12:46pm On May 24, 2009
I wonder when our lawmakers will get the balance just right.
It is either too little or too much.
Re: Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by T4taiwo(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2014
Butt the last time I checked, stealing is not corruption a PDP manifesto.
Re: Pdp Chieftain Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders by KHAYGOLD(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2014
MrCrackles:

Harsh my as$. Why would u approve of it when your relative is the one stamping it. Awon omo irankiran oshi

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. / Why Are Nigerians So Negative? / Should Yar’adua Be Invited To Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.