Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent (24692 Views)

Nigeria’s Interbank Lending Rate Rises To 15% – Traders / Cbn Retains Lending Rate At 14% As Faac Shares N429bn / Reducing Lending Rate Will Worsen Economy –CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by justicejay(m): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
rich won't borrow nah.
they prefer stealing from government locker
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by MrSmith007: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good

Hope no hidden charges shaa

Hoping they reduce it longer than wat it is. grin
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by ellabooz(f): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
INTROVERT:
Counting down Emefiele's days as governor.

sleep if the topic is quite uncomprehending to you

3 Likes

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by princeonx: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
ify2016:
What is the impact on average Nigerians suffering in the street. Hope is not another politics of deceit.

11% indeed!!!!.

9ja go better no matter what.
Onyeka Owenu Sang "nigeria go better" and "which way nigeria" in the 80s when Naira dropped from $3 to #1 to $1 to #1
So no be today we Don dey hear naija go better grin
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by orish(f): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
We are watching shocked
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by permsec: 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nice move sir.

But a further reduction on the MPR will encourage more lending for SME in this our harsh economic condition.

If local businesses such as Agriculture, Mining, have a special MPR assuming 7%, The national GDP will gain an exponential increament there by providing Jobs for the Unemployed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by OnankpaBa(m): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
simplemach:
First goodnews

grin grin
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by erasergozy: 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
How I wish its about his Forex policy! Godwin you also need reviews in that direction

1 Like

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
DONSMITH123:

una funny grin grin
Naa so oh my nigga Donsmith
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by OnankpaBa(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
ABJDOT:
Seen_next news please.......Baba go slow, is going fast now.....The change we all want is appearing gradually.

gerrahere you wailer
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by kennydee05(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
akbahbah:
Can somebody pls enlighten me on how this affects common citizens in d country
Consult your Economics textbook
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by DONSMITH123(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
ABJDOT:
Naa so oh my nigga Donsmith

grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by OnankpaBa(m): 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
kennydee05:

Consult your Economics textbook

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by OsamaB: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Lol. What this means is that the government is less attractive to foreign investors. Existing ones may pull out while potential ones will look else where. Nigeria may no longer have the largest foreign direct investment like we previously did. It means we Nigerians will have to depend on our selves, build our own industries, farms and refine our own raw materials. To further understand impact of this move, you can do a SWOT analysis on the matter.
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by Consultville(m): 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nice
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
ify2016:
What is the impact on average Nigerians suffering in the street. Hope is not another politics of deceit.

11% indeed!!!!.

shocked shocked shocked shocked at your dp
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by INTROVERT(f): 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
ellabooz:

sleep if the topic is quite uncomprehending to you

I think there is something wrong with your sentence structure, however there has to be a scape goat for the economic woes facing the country and it definitely won't be the president. I hope you get the point now.
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by Bamz(m): 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
LOL some people be commenting but have not the slightest idea what the MPR reduction portends. cheesy
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by DONSMITH123(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
AnotherBoss:
Nawa

waris dis?
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by ellabooz(f): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
INTROVERT:

I think there is something wrong with your sentence structure, however there has to be a scape goat for the economic woes facing the country and it definitely won't be the president. I hope you get the point now.

madam sentence structure, sleep if the topic were quite uncomprehending
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by damiloladuke: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
COOL

PRESIDENT BUHARI MUST SEE MY SIGNATURE
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by OnankpaBa(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by ajepako(f): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
I wonder how this eradicates the present fuel scarcity

Or its direct impact on the masses..

Abeg make I munch my pop-corn in peace joh..

tongue tongue
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
The decrease in MPR is a welcome development. Bit me thinks dey should hv left d CRR the way it was (@25%). I dont think these banks hv liquidity issues as dey are not really interested in taking FDs these days. With d decrease in CRR, i may not be able rollover my FD as d rate will definitely drop further. cry cry cry
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by yomi007k(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
ify2016:

11% indeed!!!!.

It means when business owners borrow capital to start up a business, d price of d product dt will get to d common man will be CHEAPER hopefully.
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by cecegorz(m): 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
ify2016:

11% indeed!!!!.

It's a mixed bag.
MPR reduction from 13% to 11% ordinarily means banks will get their funding at a cheaper rate and consequently lend at lower rates to customer too - ceteris paribus, like the economists say. But that's as simple as it gets.
Currently, most banks loan book is bursting at the seems, so many non-performing loans in the hands of customers who can't pay back mostly because the economy is on a downward spin, businesses are failing and some are closing shop.
It then goes that if banks has so much funds out there that are not being repaid already, they will be unwilling to lend further to avoid more bad loans.
On the other hand, you also need money to stimulate a drowning economy. So with CRR down from 25% to 20%, it means extra liquidity for the banks, and some with greater risk appetite may still stick out their necks and lend to some specific markets.
So if the banks can consequently open the taps, 'the average Nigerian suffering in the streets' will get some extra cash to hold body.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
2% reduction? economists in the house, does that really make a difference?
Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by sharpman1(m): 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
OsamaB:
Lol. What this means is that the government is less attractive to foreign investors. Existing ones may pull out while potential ones will look else where. Nigeria may no longer have the largest foreign direct investment like we previously did. It means we Nigerians will have to depend on our selves, build our own industries, farms and refine our own raw materials. To further understand impact of this move, you can do a SWOT analysis on the matter.

What sort of kindergarten analysis is this

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by ralphblac(m): 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
akbahbah:
Can somebody pls enlighten me on how this affects common citizens in d country
the impact of this policy are 1.it gives commercial bank more fund at their disposal for lending 2.it reduce high lending rate so user of fund can access it at a low interest rate. 3.it will make money to be available in circulation.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
Seun, please this guy has been pasting disgusting shemales pictures in different sections of nairaland.

AnotherBoss:
Nawa

1 Like

Re: CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent by ralphblac(m): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
teeowl:
2% reduction? economists in the house, does that really make a difference?
yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? / US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? / Naira Redesign: Nigerians Will Fill Uncountable Forms To Withdraw Large Amounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.