Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Who Is Lucifer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Lucifer? (1490 Views)

Is Lucifer A Name That The Bible Uses For Satan? / German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer / Who Is Lucifer? The Devil, King Nebuchadnezzar II Or Adam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Old English Lucifer "Satan," also "morning star," from Latin Lucifer "morning star," literally "light-bringing," from lux (genitive lucis) "light" (see light (n.)) + ferre "carry" (see infer).

Latin: Lux + ferre = Lucifer (morning star)

Revelation 22:16
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=lucifer

Lucifer
Bringer of light
The Morning Star

Jesus = Morning Star = Lucifer shocked

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Lucifer? by drealbobo(m): 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
Lucifer - The first to rebel against the Establishment.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by HCpaul(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Don't always retain the position of an illeterate man. Stop confusing history, origin and etymology with biblical insights.
Anyone can be a luse-ifa but not anyone can be the devil.
Gud lvck
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
grin
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by hahn(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
Lucifer is just a title, it is not the name of anybody, it is the title that is borne by the lights of the world, the spiritual lights, the ones through whom God rules the world.

Adam was once the Lucifer of the world before he fell, he was given the Law and was asked to 'go into the world and multiply'.

The sharer of knowledge, the innovator, the one who brings light and understanding, the inventor, the fabricator, the professor, they are all Lucifers.

Job 38:4
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
In Isaiah 14, Babylon was called Lucifer, because of its importance at that time as the leading ruling nation of the earth, Babylon as a city was called Lucifer:

Isaiah 14:4
That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

Babylon as a chief city tried to exalt herself above God; she tried to play the role of God, she saw herself as being above God. She was the leading Light Bearer of her time, because she ruled the world, she became proud and arrogant.

Babylon, a city made up of multitudes of people was referred singularly to as Lucifer

Babylon, the Lucifer of that time was punished.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Oh boy...
Can someone wake me up please and tell me this post is just a nightmare about the level of reasoning in this country.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Isaiah 14:12-14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

When God exalts you, you have the option of being useful to God by being a good Lucifer, or you can seek to exalt yourself by being a bad Lucifer, hence becoming Satan.

Satan is the name for a bad Lucifer. A rebellious Lucifer who receives the power and knowledge to rule the world but decides to use it in an evil way, decides to be an adversary of God, decides to replace the knowledge of God (God) with the knowledge of evil, in essence, scheming to overthrow God in the minds and hearts of people, is Satan.

A Godly Lucifer or a satanic Lucifer.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Who is the Lucifer of our world presently? Who tries to be like the most High (she tries to be like the Most High by being his adversary)? Whose doctrine rules the world? Who is the god of this world? Who has all the power and wealth of the world, who subdues the whole world with a perpetual stroke?

From which nation does all the knowledge come from: Democracy; Capitalism; Innovation; Technology; Science; Music; Culture; Finance; Homosexuality and LGBT; Bestiality; etc

Just give it a thought, from which nation does all this knowledge come from? The knowledge that is intended to replace (good) God from the hearts of men with a beastly and evil knowledge, if you imbibe all her knowledge you become like her, you become a beast.

But she is already defeated.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
Revelation 12:7-9
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelations 2:26-28
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28 And I will give him the morning star.

Take note of the promises for the ones who overcome her, they will rule the world with a sceptre of iron, they will be given the morning star. THEY WILL BECOME LUCIFERS
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Babylon was called Lucifer because she was exalted, but instead of using her exalted her position well, she tried to be an adversary of God, she sought to overthrow God, hence she became Satan.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
Another important point I will like point out is that this study also proves that Christ is not one person, bu a number of people.

This is Christ, the only begotten Son of God:

Psalm 2:7-9
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
Now let us relate the following verses together, and we will all see that Christ is not one person, but a number of people, 144,000.

Revelation 2:26-28
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28 And I will give him the morning star.

Revelation 12:5
And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
Lucifer means Light bearer and it connotes leadership. The word ‘Lucifer’ is not a bad word in itself, it just epends on the proclivities and inclinations of the one who bears the title. You decide to use it for God, you are a good Lucifer. You decide to challenge God? You become satan.

In the home, the Husband = Lucifer
In the Local Govt, the Chairman = Lucifer
In the State, the Governor = Lucifer
In the country, the President = Lucifer
In the world, the World power (s) = Lucifer
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
Who is lucifer

Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Job 38:4
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus Christ is not one person, Jesus Christ is the morning star, and there are many morning stars, and there are many Jesus Christs grin
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by sonmvayina(m): 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by sonmvayina(m): 11:47am On Jan 09, 2016
look between 'gate of heaven' and 'health of the sick'...the truth is hidden in plan sight..

Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 11:08am On Aug 07, 2016
Read
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 9:18am On Oct 23, 2016
Lalasticlala, come and read my friend
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
Lucifer is the code name for the rulers of the earth at any particular time. It is not an inherently bad name. Lucifer means 'Bringer of light'.
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by RabbaRabbi: 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
MrPresident1:
Lalasticlala, come and read my friend

from the trash you wrote up there, I can see joblessness hovering over your life. undecided

be sensible for once nah... haba angry
Re: Who Is Lucifer? by MrPresident1: 7:08am On Nov 02, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

from the trash you wrote up there, I can see joblessness hovering over your life. undecided

be sensible for once nah... haba angry

Let me indulge you.

What do you not understand on the thread?

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Watch What Sunday Adelaja Said About TB Joshua / 70th Independence Day 15 August 2016 Anchoring Script, Script Lines In Hindi / How To Raise The Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.