Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,172 members, 7,829,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May (8768 Views)

Poll: 2009 FA Cup Winners will be?

Chelsea: 52% (32 votes)
Everton: 47% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal vs Aston Villa: FA Cup (4 - 0) On 30th May 2015 / Blackburn Rovers Vs Chelsea [1 - 2] On Saturday 30th October 2010 / Burnley Vs Chelsea [ 1- 2] On Saturday 30th January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 28, 2009
switch47:

EVERTON WEARS BLUE FOR FINALS!! EVERTON ALL THE WAY!!--------Chelsea season can end on a high YES- give dem HEMP- essien can supply that after the loss!! grin
Dreamer!. By the time you wake up from your deep slumber, it will have been all over for your borrowed team.

TRUE BLUE IS THE PASSION
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 3:35pm On May 28, 2009
ilugunboy:

Dreamer!. By the time you wake up from your deep slumber, it will have been all over for your borrowed team.

TRUE BLUE IS THE PASSION
time will tell-------------------------everton gat we brothers like yak, yobo and anichebe- dem go wound chelsea
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by khanye(m): 4:11pm On May 28, 2009
Up Everton,
Switch u got my support! wink
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 28, 2009
khanye:

Up Everton,
Switch u got my support! wink

ok!, we understand where peeps like you are coming from and appreciate your frustrations so far.

Next post please!.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by eyonigger(m): 6:12pm On May 28, 2009
My support for Everton is not based on sentiment or because Switch has always supported Barca.
In the true sense, Everton has got more Nigerian Players than Chelsea does if I am correct.
So my support goes to them.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by khanye(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2009
i'm suporting Everton because of my brother from another mother
SWITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Up Everton grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2009
khanye:

i'm suporting Everton because of my brother from another mother
SWITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Up Everton grin
MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG!! YOBO, YAKUBU and ANICHEBE EVERTON ALL THE WAY!! grin grin

Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by eyonigger(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2009
hehen switch u no say prayer for me abi? no worry nah.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 8:06pm On May 28, 2009
eyonigger:

hehen switch u no say prayer for me abi? no worry nah.
AND YOU TOO, may you walk and never stumble. may Man united bus never jam you!! grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by JIGGA2: 12:48am On May 29, 2009
[b][/b][i][/i]Whether dem like it whether dem no like, Everton will carry d day

By d way, Everton are not chelsea mate in F.A Cup ,
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by prudentcy(m): 8:47am On May 29, 2009
Eyin olote, oju yin lo ma se, after the match when Chelsea don carry d cup i will come here to make jest of u, BLUES FOR LIFE!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 1:38pm On May 29, 2009
EVERTON ALL THE WAY!!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by BinghiNya(m): 1:54pm On May 29, 2009
Everton will upset Chelsea 2-1 . Drogba will punch the referee this time around.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by manickal(m): 2:27pm On May 29, 2009
@^ i laugh in kuvuki tongue
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by iniguy(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2009
I'm tipping Everton to win.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by khanye(m): 2:47pm On May 29, 2009
switch47:

EVERTON ALL THE WAY!!

I got ur back! cheesy
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by mykali(m): 3:23pm On May 29, 2009
switch has trained you guys in the art of ''anti-chelsea predictions''

good. more bad predos, more chances of a chelsea victory
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 5:58pm On May 29, 2009
In an age when winning the Champions League is regarded by many as the ultimate prize, with Premier League success the benchmark in the domestic game, one could be forgiven for assuming the FA Cup has lost some of its glamour.

Try telling that to Guus Hiddink or David Moyes.

Chelsea, contemplating a second successive season without silverware, are desperate to bid adieu to Hiddink with a trophy, with midfielder Frank Lampard admitting he would be "devastated" to fall at the final hurdle at Wembley.
And, for Everton, a major domestic trophy would not only end a 14-year wait for silverware, but also go a long way to rewarding Moyes' impressive reign at Goodison Park with tangible success, a Cup to go alongside four top-six finishes in five campaigns.

For the Toffees to do that, though, they will have to upset the form book - Chelsea are odds-on favourites to pick up a fifth FA Cup.
BBC Sport spoke to three-time winner and Match of the Day 2 pundit Lee Dixon to analyse how Everton go about beating the Blues
THE FORM BOOK
"Everybody would make Chelsea favourites.

"There was a time, before Hiddink took over, when they were having such a poor run that they looked a team in complete disarray. But they've turned their season around, suffered just one defeat in 21 games, and they'll go into the game with such confidence.

PHIL McNULTY BLOG
The odds and statistics may favour Chelsea - but, this is exactly how Moyes and Everton like it.

"Still, I don't think David Moyes will mind being underdogs at all - in fact, I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

"Everton have had a terrific season in their own right and Moyes will know, looking at the way his team have played and the teams his side have beaten, that they have every hope of beating another big team and picking up the trophy

THE VERDICT
"I'm notoriously bad at tipping, so don't go throwing your life savings away on my say-so!

"I think the best Everton can hope for, because I can't see them scoring too many goals, is to keep things tight and pinch a narrow 1-0 win.

"However. you look at Chelsea's team and you see goals in every department, ensuring it will be hugely difficult for Everton to nullify Hiddink's side in every area.

"The romantic in me would love to see Moyes win it, but I think it'll go Chelsea's way, 2-1."

Lee Dixon was talking to BBC Sport's Sam Lyon

SWICTH SAYS

Sam Lyon or even if na Sam Ajax you dey crase o. may the good lord give Everton the victory. to be candid it is going to be tight, because chelsea eye dey shook like crase woman wey task force carry in pikin. grin but GOD dey, e no go allow blue devils win. Everton shall prevail by FIRE!! Amen

Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Krayola(m): 6:54pm On May 29, 2009
Go Everton!!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by rasputinn(m): 7:19pm On May 29, 2009
[size=16pt] FA Cup: Everton ready to win – Moyes[/size]

Everton boss David Moyes feels his team are "due" to win a competition, and sees Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea as an ideal opportunity.

He told BBC Sport: "Before the semi-final I said we're due to win something soon, and that doesn't change for me.
"This is undoubtedly the best Everton team I've had. There is a great team spirit here, it's very much team-orientated rather than individuals."

Everton take on the Blues after beating Manchester United on penalties.

Although Moyes is opposed to the policy of playing Cup semi-finals at Wembley, he said the experience of beating United at the giant stadium would prove invaluable.

"The match against Manchester United was as close to a final as you can get. The players have learnt from the surroundings there and what to expect on the day.
"We're not in finals that often and there may be more focus on that. We will be the underdogs on Saturday and rightly so because Chelsea finished above us in the league but we'll go there with confidence and I don't think Wembley will be strange to us so I'm looking forward to it.
"The final is a one-off game between two teams and anything can happen on the day. We have to hope good fortune shines on us."

Everton and Chelsea have played out two goalless matches in the Premier League this season, and Moyes said he expected another closely-contested match this time.

Much of Chelsea's success has been credited to the arrival of coach Guus Hiddink in February.
Moyes, himself a record three-time winner of the official manager of the year award, said: "Hiddink has done terrific wherever he's been. He's come in and done a great job at Chelsea in a short time but let's be fair, Chelsea's players are good players and I think a lot of people could have taken on the Chelsea job and done a good job.

"But Hiddink's experience has shown and he's steadied them and made them a solid side in the last three to four months."

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill played under Hiddink for the Australia national side and said he retained a lot of respect for the Dutchman.
"The calibre and stature of the man speaks for itself. I'm very thankful for what he did in the World Cup. He's honest, stamps his authority. None of his players get a chance to overpower him you and never know if you're going to be in the team or not."

Toffees goalkeeper Tim Howard said Goodison Park was no place for players with attitude.
"If someone came through these doors with a big price-tag and a huge ego they'd get laughed at," said the 6ft 2in American.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2009/may/29/sports-29-05-2009-001.htm
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by rasputinn(m): 7:24pm On May 29, 2009
In my B52 Bomber,hovering over chavskiland,getting ready to drop enuff yabbis once I get the signal from [size=16pt]EVERTON[/size] cool cool
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by rasputinn(m): 7:26pm On May 29, 2009
BinghiNya:

Everton will upset Chelsea 2-1 . Drogba will punch the referee this time around.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Katho: 8:13pm On May 29, 2009
E-V-E-R-T-O-N is taking that cup.
Live with it.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by allboyz(m): 10:55pm On May 29, 2009
SWITCH Boyz all the way tongue grin grin grin grin

[size=30pt]
UP EVERTON
[/size]
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by ladykool(f): 1:35am On May 30, 2009
switch47:

Sam Lyon or even if na Sam Ajax you dey crase o. may the good lord give Everton the victory. to be candid it is going to be tight, because chelsea eye dey shook like crase woman wey task force carry in pikin. grin but GOD dey, e no go allow blue devils win. Everton shall prevail by FIRE!! Amen

hehehe na craze dey do u!!your prayer no go work and CHELSEA will WIN that match tomorrow and then i will see the way u will react *roll eyes* because all these ppl here, i duno wat u did to them that they are following every thing u say. NA WA O na juju u dey use to write to convince dis ppl or wat!! undecided
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by init4dmoni(m): 1:59am On May 30, 2009
chelsea has got dis one in da bag grin
screw all you haters!! tongue
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Kelvinj(m): 3:45am On May 30, 2009
Who be d thief and who be d owner? We d hear blues evrywhere, wel d true blues will carry d day. Chealse abi na squadron fans talk say if 2 say na dem play barca 4 CL dem for f**k der stlye up? 2day na 2day because i don talk am say u guyz will continue 2 smell it but u no wat, u aint chopin it. Merseyside 4 real!
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by switch47(m): 7:05am On May 30, 2009
Day -D av lando!! @lady kool, leave story 4 totoise,d game go tough die but since i resorted to prayers in humility THE GOOD LORD has not failed me. everton to win .AMEN.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by Kelvinj(m): 7:40am On May 30, 2009
[b][/b]yeah da d-has come. The blues vs blue devils.
Venue: wembley
Abey chealsea fans make una plead wit drogba, ballack nd bosingwa dem say na football match not WWE match
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by philip0906(m): 8:18am On May 30, 2009
after d match I will make my comments to all u chelsea haters! grin
c y'all then! cheesy
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by HNIC1: 9:12am On May 30, 2009
Moyes simply deserves this for outstanding work. Only one major buy whose a star.
What more, there're three nigerians in the team. At least if i don'y support Everton, i'll support them.
Re: FA Cup Final: Chelsea(2) Vs Everton(1) On Saturday 30th May by OmoOlomo1: 10:10am On May 30, 2009
BinghiNya:

The guy na boxer, I no fit laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Brentford (3 - 0) On 16th January 2022 / All The Results From Yesterday's EUROPA League Matches / Manchester United Withdraw From European Super League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.