Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,722 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission (1449 Views)

South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails / North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by ruggedboy01: 7:35am On Nov 25, 2015
[b]SENATE, yesterday, received a bill seeking to establish
the North-East Development Commission (NEDC),
which will have legal powers to receive and manage
funds from the Federation Account and
international donors.

The bill stipulates that the zone will receive, on
monthly basis, from the Federation Ac- count, an
equivalent of 15 percent of the total monthly
statutory allocations due to mem- ber states of the
commission. This will be the contribution of the
Federal Government to the commission.

Eighteen senators from the North-East, which cuts
across party line, jointly submitted the bill before the
Senate. The lawmakers told newsmen that the bill is
aimed at rebuilding the zone, which they said has
been devastated by Boko Haram.

Chairman of the North- East Senate Caucus,
Danjuma Goje, who alongside his col- leagues from
the zone, said the commission when set up, will
complement other agen- cies of government,
including state and local governments in rebuilding
the region.

He also said when the com- mission is fully in force;
it will function like the Niger Delta Development
Commission (NDDC) in the North- East, just as he
expressed hope that the bill will receive expeditious
passage and as- sent of President Muhammadu
Buhari.

Meanwhile, in the bill submitted by the senators, the
commission, when backed by law, will be charged with
the responsibility of settling, rehabilitating, and reconstructing the roads, houses, and business premises of victims of insurgency.

It will also address the problems of poverty,
illiteracy, ecological problems, and other
developmental challenges and environmental crisis
facing the region.

The commission, according to the bill, will have a
board which shall have a chairman, and six other
members, all representing the six North-East states
of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and
Yobe.[/b]

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/senate-seeks-creation-of-north-east-development-commission/
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by Bugatie(m): 7:36am On Nov 25, 2015
OK o, hope we get to also have South East development commission, Southwest development commission, North central development commission and so on

1 Like

Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by ruggedboy01: 7:37am On Nov 25, 2015
Is a welcome development!!! .

Wonder why is only oil producing states have NDDC wink
Whereas the oil belong to all nigerians grin cheesy grin
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:39am On Nov 25, 2015
A welcome development on condidtion that the money will come from NE and donors and not from FG. However, should it be from FG, then similar commissions should be created for NC, NW, SE, SW and SS(in addition to NDDC).

The North-East need to be rebuilt. But the funding of NEDC should come from the statutory allocation of the regions's member-states. I am optimistic that foreign and local donors will pump in money for the good of the people of the zone.

MODIfIED...
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2015

Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by austinsmat(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2015
from which money,Niger delta militant fought for genuine reason pls can somebody tell me what boko haram are fighting for this is what you will only see in a zoo kingdom
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by Scholes007(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
A welcome development I must say. The North-East need to be rebuilt. For the fact that the funding will..... Typing
hmmm tony
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by brize(m): 7:44am On Nov 25, 2015
austinsmat:
from which money,Niger delta militant fought for genuine reason pls can somebody tell me what boko haram are fighting for this is what you will only see in a zoo kingdom
and someone still wonders why they are called zoo republic.... Hahahaha
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by austinsmat(m): 7:47am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
A welcome development I must say. The North-East need to be rebuilt. For the fact that the funding will..... Typing
rebuild for what after Biafra war Mr murderer gowon promise eastern region 3R up till now no single one implemented why north east
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2015
austinsmat:
brize:
and someone still wonders why they are called zoo republic.... Hahahaha

I think you guys missed this part....
The bill stipulates that the zone will receive, on monthly basis, from the Federation Ac-count, an equivalent of 15 percent of the total monthly statutory allocations due to mem- ber states of the commission.

As for...
austinsmat:
rebuild for what after Biafra war Mr murderer gowon promise eastern region 3R up till now no single one implemented why north east

The war is over. Tell your legislators to propose something like this just like their NE counterparts.
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by ruggedboy01: 7:51am On Nov 25, 2015
Lalatisclala seun
angry sad
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by Elslim: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2015
Nice one...
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by Ikology(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
A welcome development I must say. The North-East need to be rebuilt. For the fact that the funding will come from the statutory allocation of the regions's member-states, then I see no problem. I am optimistic that foreign and local donors will pump in money for the good of the people of the zone.

As for those against it, you have nothing to fear beause it is their own money that will form primary funding. All their legislators seek is a legal backing that will empower the proposed NEDC to get their funds directly from Federations Account. The funs amount to 15% accruable to the six NE member states.
Assuming it will guarantee protection! Then no wahala
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by modath(f): 7:58am On Nov 25, 2015
Hope the South west senators will use this opportunity to lobby for;

1. A minimum of triple allocation for Lagos state since 1 out 9 Nigerian lives in Lagos I.e 20million out of 180m..

2.A legislation requesting for non SWerners to DESIST from the act of parading themselves as "kings" in another's DOMAIN....

They are there for a reason, not to wear clothes & fight over appley & orangey committees only..

Thank you.. cool

1 Like

Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by 0excel0: 8:08am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
A welcome development I must say. The North-East need to be rebuilt. For the fact that the funding will come from the statutory allocation of the regions's member-states, then I see no problem. I am optimistic that foreign and local donors will pump in money for the good of the people of the zone.

As for those against it, you have nothing to fear beause it is their own money that will form primary funding. All their legislators seek is a legal backing that will empower the proposed NEDC to get their funds directly from Federations Account. The funs amount to 15% accruable to the six NE member states.
. Guy you are a big fool,always quick to accept any nonsense from your slave masters,have u asked ur self why must the fund be received from the federation account,why can't they create a separate account fund and manage it,if nothing is wrong with it then other geo political zone should come up with their own development commission.
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14am On Nov 25, 2015
0excel0:
. Guy you are a big fool,always quick to accept any nonsense from your slave masters,have u asked ur self why must the fund be received from the federation account,why can't they create a separate account fund and manage it,if nothing is wrong with it then other geo political zone should come up with their own development commission.
What is your own problem? Is it not their own money that will be used to fund the Commission? Is it not better that they give it legal framework so that non of a member-state governor will wake-up one day to pull out of the commission for political/selfish reason? Is it not better that the money come directly from federation account for accountability? Did anybody stop any region from proposing theirs? What exactly is your problem?
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by ishiamu(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

What is your own problem? Is it not their own money that will be used to fund the Commission? Is it not better that they give it legal framework so that non of a member-state governor will wake-up one day to pull out of the commission for political/selfish reason? Is it not better that the money come directly from federation account for accountability? Did anybody stop any region from proposing theirs? What exactly is your problem?

The person you quote might be my brother from ma region. By their aggression we shall know them LoL
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by 0excel0: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

. You have forgotten the single account policy of this administration right?buhari been a muslem what assurance do u have that he wount be moving money into the account,we in the south claim that we go to school but lack reasoning,we can't reconcile what is happening around us,its effect latter,aboki go just talk we accept without any scrutiny,but in our case the reverse will be the case,educated south my foot!
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by omenka(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2015
Torcanista:

Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by RockMaxi: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2015

This bill needs to be scrutinized properly. It should never be an open bill without a time frame.
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40am On Nov 25, 2015
0excel0:
. You have forgotten the single account policy of this administration right?buhari been a muslem what assurance do u have that he wount be moving money into the account,we in the south claim that we go to school but lack reasoning,we can't reconcile what is happening around us,its effect latter,aboki go just talk we accept without any scrutiny,but in our case the reverse will be the case,educated south my foot!
Haba, it doesn't work like that na. At the end of every month, the FAAC whose membership consists of all 36 states Finance Commissioners and chaired by the Minister of State for Finance will convey to look into what comes into the Federation Account for that month(Revenue), and then will share the revenue in accordance with the sharing formular. The President is not even part of the process, and it can't be manipulated. In the case of NEDC, their 15% will be deducted frrom what is due to the Six member-states and transferred to their own account. So you see that your fears won't see the light of day.

1 Like

Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by 0excel0: 8:57am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Haba, it doesn't work like that na. At the end of every month, the FAAC whose membership consists of all 36 states Finance Commissioners and chaired by the Minister of State for Finance will convey to look into what comes into the Federation Account for that month(Revenue), and then will share the revenue in accordance with the sharing formular. The President is not even part of the process, and it can't be manipulated. In the case of NEDC, their 15% will be deducted frrom what is due to the Six member-states and transferred to their own account. So you see that your fears won't see the light of day.
sir barcanista,i told my friend in USA that he does not need to look up for the word corruption in the dictionary,come down to naigeria and have an experience of it,we are corruption it self,and we can never exonerate ur self from it, all you wrote their is Grammar at the end aboki will have his way and we in the south will take to the street,as simple as ABC,create ur own account,all the member state should fund it,have a body that will manage it simple,why loop it with the federation account ?
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:17am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

read, reread again then correct urself.
where northeast get money?
how much do they generate and contribute to fed revenue?
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

read, reread again then correct urself.
where northeast get money?
how much do they generate and contribute to fed revenue?
Bros, it is from their statutory allocation. Abi them no de entitled to allocation again?
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by hopilo: 9:32am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Guy you are wrong in your assumption. the concluding statement is this This will be the contribution of the
that means that if the total allocation monthly to the six states = 100 naira, FG will contribute 15naira from FG account to NEDC. soon they will need to do the same to NW, NC, SS, SE, SW. regions
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:51am On Nov 25, 2015
hopilo:

Guy you are wrong in your assumption. the concluding statement is this This will be the contribution of the
that means that if the total allocation monthly to the six states = 100 naira, FG will contribute 15naira from FG account to NEDC. soon they will need to do the same to NW, NC, SS, SE, SW. regions
Ooops!!!!! How did I miss that part? That's like asking for increment in derivation through the backdoor. If so, that it is Dead on Arrival!
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by FacelessPatriot: 10:00am On Nov 25, 2015
That's after they have constructed major federal roads in the south east...infact, the bill should cover all regions in Nigeria with special focus on NE and SE
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by austinsmat(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I think you guys missed this part....

As for...

The war is over. Tell your legislators to propose something like this just like their NE counterparts.
after the year war end military takes over Mr murderer Gowon from the north refuses to implement this fake 3R.we eastern region started from nothing and now we makes it a bigger city,north east should be given same treatment south east, Mr man can't you deny slavery for a second why always supporting your master
Re: Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission by Chimanet(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2015
@Tonye, I tot u were smarter than this?

(1) (Reply)

Sheikh Zakzaky Shot 4times,receiving Treatment At Military Hospital-Human Rights / This Youth Activist Speaks Sense To President Buhari / Inside Nigeria’s Satellite Ground Control Station.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.