Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic (59886 Views)

Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It / Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price / Femi Falana Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by micayo(m): 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ephemmm:

If they are aware of the problems that have been existing for the past 16 years without solution, you expect them to solve the problem within a year? Only half-baked technocrat reasons like this. Was PDP not aware of the problems before gaining the mantle of leadership too?

With the highest boom of oil price in the market, depletion of reserves, removal of subsidy etc PDP has the greatest opportunity to turn things around in this country but reverse is the case. GEJ borrowed to pay FG workers, Nigerian experience the longest strike in Universities (11 months) reserves made by previous administration were spent etc

You want to experience magic but the price of petroleum at present is the half of what it was in the past 4 years: debt servicing are on ground: GEJ was unable to pay marketers their indebtedness: etc

it is high time you wake up from your slumber.

Mr Ephmmm, only 'hyprocrite' and 'unpatriotic' people would reason just like you. PDP is a party and each government has a leader with individual responsibility. I hope one day this Nation would wake from its slumber of party this and party that and vote for 'people'. Now to the main issue, they knew of the situation with a ready made solution (in their campaign promises though which I never heard them view but I was secretly hoping they really had). All this challenges had been in place before the swearing in and 6 months into their regime there has been NO positive CHANGE. Why make promises when you know you won't or can't fufill them? Six month is enough to make a positive CHANGE and that's saying it the way it is.

1 Like

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:
It has everything to do with it. If Naira losses values against dollar then the prices of Oil sold and refined in Dollar domian will automatically soar in Nigeria. So please give us a exact date of the Fashola news in order to make 'enough' sense.
Did you read the content of the topic? He qouted 7th december 2014 as the day Fashola made the statement.
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ephemmm:

If they are aware of the problems that have been existing for the past 16 years without solution, you expect them to solve the problem within a year? Only half-baked technocrat reasons like this. Was PDP not aware of the problems before gaining the mantle of leadership too?

With the highest boom of oil price in the market, depletion of reserves, removal of subsidy etc PDP has the greatest opportunity to turn things around in this country but reverse is the case. GEJ borrowed to pay FG workers, Nigerian experience the longest strike in Universities (11 months) reserves made by previous administration were spent etc

You want to experience magic but the price of petroleum at present is the half of what it was in the past 4 years: debt servicing are on ground: GEJ was unable to pay marketers their indebtedness: etc

it is high time you wake up from your slumber.
but bubu said our refineries ll start refining crude by july we are in november ooooo

2 Likes

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by franudi: 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:
OP, what was exchange rate of Naira to the Dollar back then?

If you cannot figure out how the exchange rate negates your arguement then don't bother starting topics like this again.
What has foreign exchange got to do with fuel scarcity in Nigeria?
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Alhajipaulo(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:

If you cannot figure out how the exchange rate negates your arguement then don't bother starting topics like this again.
. bros.. u no go sch!! what does exchange rate got to do with what he said!!
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Kidswifty: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nigerians are just bunch of impatient people!!!
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by nairalander111(m): 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hypocritical people everywhere!

1 Like

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Kingbusssy(m): 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
I know it Really hurt us too much But I Just Dey wonder when this petrol stuff die down. those of u that want buhari to get impeach will now say. everyone will have his/her hard times. & We should all remember 1/1/2012
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by excel101(m): 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:
It has everything to do with it. If Naira losses values against dollar then the prices of Oil sold and refined in Dollar domian will automatically soar in Nigeria. So please give us a exact date of the Fashola news in order to make 'enough' sense.
. My friend what is the essence of subsidizing petrol? Cos naira over time has always been depreciating against dollar, so dis latest one is not special.
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Nobleking2000(m): 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:
whose fault is it that the naira is loosing its value from rate it was when this present administration took over?
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by jacksonite: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:

Don't bring that rubbish reasoning here. Didn't that useless old man promise to equate the Naira to the Dollar? Don't remind us of more failed promises of this fraudulent government.

2 Likes

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by excel101(m): 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ephemmm:

While I am not here to defend APC, but remember that PDP refused to pay outstanding debt to marketers despite the removal of subsidy, depletion of reserves and rising internal/external debt.

Take it or leave it, PDP as a party that ruled for 16 years will still be attributed to any problem being faced by APC today.
. Stop that trash u're saying. u keep blaming PDP for ur non-performance wen u re supposed to take charge. Its very evident dat apc has no plans for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by pharoahs(m): 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Oh so now we should be calculating exchange rate?. When they were not in govt no reason was good enough, now we should be rationale? What is good for the goose is good for the gander. No excuses pls, we are a people that do not have a history of listening to excuses and we are not ready to start now pls.
Standing5:

2 Likes

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by pharoahs(m): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
Oh so now we should be calculating exchange rate?. When they were not in govt no reason was good enough, now we should be rationale? What is good for the goose is good for the gander. No excuses pls, we are a people that do not have a history of listening to excuses and we are not ready to start now pls.

Standing5:

1 Like

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by adeniyia33(m): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
Now 199.05 as at tonight

Standing5:
Are you sure? Don't think so.
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by FAVOUR13: 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:

......and what made the exchange rate go high this time around when we were promised ONE NAIRA will be equal to ONE DOLLAR Please, if you dont understand the topic very well, dont bother giving your comment.............no b fight oooooo, ehn...

1 Like

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Ephemmm: 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
excel101:
. Stop that trash u're saying. u keep blaming PDP for ur non-performance wen u re supposed to take charge. Its very evident dat apc has no plans for Nigeria.

I know PDP has plan, but it was not achievable for 16 years tongue tongue tongue

However, where is the fulfillment of this promise alone?

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Standing5(m): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nobleking2000:
whose fault is it that the naira is loosing its value from rate it was when this present administration took over?
loosing value from where to where?
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by banio: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
2019 is behind the corner
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by lumeneng22: 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
When is buhari coming to Senate to tell us what happen to PMS?
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by 2bike(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nigerians are fools to buhari & co if u doubt me ask Ezekwesili who protested to the whole world for chibok girls; the united nation secretary general Ban ki moon told buhari to release the chibok girls unconditionally but no Apc member have ever mention the chibok girls again not even buhari himself; Obasanjo decides to fight boko haram but forgot the innocent girls that were kidnap; the chibok girls school principal was promoted to comisioner of education in the state the most corrupt people in nig like ameachi are made minister in a govt that call itself saint; all the northeners aplauded Atahiru Jega for conducting a free and fair election and congratulated Jonathan for conceeding defeat even when children voted in the north yet this same people are the ones removing govs and senators from their seat because they are oposition party; since Jonathan became nig president for 5yrs+ i have not bought fuel for #130 in my town but now fuel is #170 with scacity of it; some voted for change but the change is like jumping from frying pan to fire; apointment are lopsided, nigeria the giant of africa since 1960 to 29may 2015 has become a broken nation in the hands of APC the truth is bitter but must be told

2 Likes

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:

. . .

Had to modify my comment further for those who still can't figure out how exchange rate affects the fuel market price & availability in Nigeria. If Fashola had made that statement when oil sold for, lets say 55 USD/barrel at N170/USD, 100 barrel will be cost some ( 55usd X N170 X 100barrel ) = N93,500.
If he had made the statement when Dollar sold for N210 at 50USD/barrel, 100 barrel will be ( 50usd X N220 X 100barrel ) = N110,000. We can see cleary that even if the price of oil reduced between the time of Fashola statement and now slightly in real life. There are other stronger factors that can and did negate it. That's for theory. The practical and reality is that, dollar exchanged for N220+ on March 28, 2015 till May 28 even though it was forcefully pegged at ~N200. Fashola was right to criticize. The jonathan admin still accounts for &90% of our fuel woes (both price and availability) today.

This your lines and LIES are becoming unpopular and embarrassing!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Standing5:

. . .

Had to modify my comment further for those who still can't figure out how exchange rate affects the fuel market price & availability in Nigeria. If Fashola had made that statement when oil sold for, lets say 55 USD/barrel at N170/USD, 100 barrel will be cost some ( 55usd X N170 X 100barrel ) = N93,500.
If he had made the statement when Dollar sold for N210 at 50USD/barrel, 100 barrel will be ( 50usd X N220 X 100barrel ) = N110,000. We can see cleary that even if the price of oil reduced between the time of Fashola statement and now slightly in real life. There are other stronger factors that can and did negate it. That's for theory. The practical and reality is that, dollar exchanged for N220+ on March 28, 2015 till May 28 even though it was forcefully pegged at ~N200. Fashola was right to criticize. The jonathan admin still accounts for &90% of our fuel woes (both price and availability) today.

You just dey give yourself headache. Truth be told, we are all bearing the brunt of this present administration's ineptitude together. Why try to defend what you suffer?
Nigerians shaaaa

2 Likes

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by bashydemy(m): 9:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
drss:
d same corrupt fashola who does not sign checks will be silent on d current fuel situation in d con3. All because his master d duara dullaard is d president. Imagine fuel selling at over N200 per litre Dis con3 is a zoo.
You are fool for ranting nonsense, Did PMB increase fuel price? What is the official price of fuel by Federal Govt? Go to any fueling station and check their metal and see how much is there.. I think we should blame the marketers and the fueling station owner sometimes.
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by bashydemy(m): 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
jaymejate:
I pray Buhari is impeached. We can't stand this till 4yrs sad

They will remove Nigeria for map, i de fear.
Buhari should be questioned. And he should be banned from traveling.

As for that Fashola, he de craze
Na your papa wan impeach am? na your papa wan ban am from Business trip?
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by bashydemy(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
stephenduru:
Bros did u get the information I am trying to pass?It has ntn to do with exchange rate.I love Buhari but the masses are suffering cos of fuel.Let us nt be blind cos of luv
We are suffering due to the greedy of the oil marketers,I think PMB need to withdraw some of their license.
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by bashydemy(m): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
M4gunners:
The worst is that, his people yellowbad will not talk again because it is their brother. Now let him ask fg again or minister of petroleum to bring the price down.
Bring price down how? The last time i check , Official FG price of PMS is #87.. I think the Marketers are to be blame.
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by bashydemy(m): 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hiploko:
just like PDP faced worse problems at the start of the 16years caused by military rule. Receive sense!!! Stop d blame gane and rule. Power dey ur hands now... Rule mehn!!!
But Opposition them no blame PDP Govt under their 6month rule now..
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by ihatesycophant(m): 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
M4gunners:
So if i say i will trek from Lagos to Asaba within 2weeks,and i was not able to do that within the 2weeks i promised, won't you call me a liar?
Did APC say they would fix your problems for 6 months. Please be reason and stop all this politics of hatred.
Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by M4gunners: 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
ihatesycophant:
Did APC say they would fix your problems for 6 months. Please be reason and stop all this politics of hatred.
Hatred you say? Do you know what you are? A big time pretender. We are suffering it together and I'm sure you will suffer more than me on this.

2 Likes

Re: See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic by M4gunners: 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
bashydemy:
Bring price down how? The last time i check , Official FG price of PMS is #87.. I think the Marketers are to be blame.
Now id y marketerr,if GEJ were to be there, you will blame him.More reason i say one nigeris a scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna LG Election Qualification Exam (Pictures) / Wedding Of Mahmud Nuhu Ribadu & Amina Aliyu Ismaila (Photos) / How We Killed Uwaila, Suspect Confesses - Full Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.