Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Lynching; Petty Thieves Or Money Looters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lynching; Petty Thieves Or Money Looters (279 Views)

Senator Abu Ibrahim Escaping Lynching In Katsina (Video) / Senator Abu Ibrahim Escapes Lynching In Kaduna (Photos) / Bukola Saraki Was Petty Thief As Of 1990 - Sahara Reporters(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lynching; Petty Thieves Or Money Looters by Nicolars(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2015
Just days ago I witnessed a very brutal lynching of a man which almost cost him his life if he hadn’t been rescued by the police but bruises and injuries of different sizes and forms were left on him. Those bruises were so bad that am sure he would show his grandsons and daughters so that they won’t think of stealing ever in their lifetime. The pity I felt towards the man made me research more on the incident. I asked a few market women and buyers in the market and all I could gather was that the man in question bought goods worth a thousand naira(#1000) and refused to pay then ran away. The trader chanted thief and he was given a chase by everyone. Others were delighted they caught a thief while some wanted to teach him a lesson.
That’s not really where am going. Where am after is why do petty thieves get beaten up, lynched or killed and government money looters are praised and cheered. It’s not because we are ignorant of their actions. We surely know 80% of our politicians are looting the country’s fund and keeping it in their private pockets for personal use. But the issue is that we still do not discourage their attitude in some ways by not praising them but questioning their inefficiency. We have had many money looters going scot-free or running far away as abroad and lavishing the money there yet the man who steals salt is being burnt with tires.
Apart from this aspect, we have had situations where a man steals #50,000 and is being sentenced to three years in prison with hard labour and big politicians who are caught by EFCC for looting millions of naira are allowed to refund the money and pay certain money as bail. I am not in any way justifying the petty thieves but I want this situation to be given a deep thought. Let us all stop that unwarranted attitude of killing thieves we catch in streets and market, instead we should hand them over to government officials for right discipline. what do you think.

p0sted by nicolarsblog
http://nicolarsblog..com

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Cleansing 16-year Of Pdp’s Mess – Arewa-apc / Nigerians Should Allow The Social Media Bill, On One Condition... / President Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill, Say’s He’s Committed T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.