Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

HID Awolowo’s 100 Years Posthumous Birthday Is Today - See Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HID Awolowo’s 100 Years Posthumous Birthday Is Today - See Pictures (502 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / How They Buried HID Awolowo (photos) / Funeral Service: Casket HID Awolowo Was Laid In (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HID Awolowo’s 100 Years Posthumous Birthday Is Today - See Pictures by exlinkleads(f): 9:14am On Nov 25, 2015
Old age and death is really a b*** if am allowed to use that word. If I had my way, people should always remain at the peak of their life even though it also have disadvantages. But old age and death is the debt we all have to pay one after the other. Is inevitable.

Happy 100 Posthumous Birthday the wife of Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Madam Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo (née Adelana; November 25, 1915 – September 19, 2015), popularly known as HID, was born to a modest family in the small Ikenne community of Ogun State in Nigeria.

She was married to Nigeria politician Obafemi Awolowo from December 26, 1937 till his death in 1987. He famously referred to her as his “jewel of inestimable value”. She was also a successful businesswoman and astute politician. She played an active role in the politics of Western Nigeria. She stood in for her husband in the alliance formed between the NCNC and the AG, called the United Progressive Grand Alliance (UPGA), while he was tried and in jail.

We love you Mama.
- See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/hid-awolowos-100-years-posthumous.html#sthash.Lhr0vnji.dpuf

cc lalasticlala

Re: HID Awolowo’s 100 Years Posthumous Birthday Is Today - See Pictures by boboLIL(m): 9:18am On Nov 25, 2015
God be wid u
Re: HID Awolowo’s 100 Years Posthumous Birthday Is Today - See Pictures by gozmok1(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2015
R.i.p ma Happy birthday ma

fayose is greater than your husband .
Re: HID Awolowo’s 100 Years Posthumous Birthday Is Today - See Pictures by Heroesworths(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2015
Good night my birthday mate. Atiku too... Happy Birthday to me today.

(1) (Reply)

Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari / A Song For The Lamenting Lamenters / Jonathan Spent N2bn Not N64bn On October 1- FG Replies El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.