Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,173 members, 7,957,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari (515 Views)

Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari by Marlboro1: 9:32am On Nov 25, 2015
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has said that compared to his first coming as a military Head of State in 1984 when he could order the arrest of alleged corrupt individuals and put them in protective custody to prove their innocence, dictates of the Rule of Law and due process have slowed him down in prosecuting corrupt official now.

He spoke in Teheran, Iran Republic at a forum with the Nigerian community. He told his audience that treasury looters in the Jonathan administration have started returning stolen funds.

Buhari said those accused of corruption would have been prosecuted by now, but for the need to thoroughly investigate them with a view to gathering enough evidence to facilitate their prosecution.

Buhari said, “on corruption; yes, they are still innocent. But, we are collecting documents and some of them have started voluntarily returning something. But we want all. When we get those documents, we will formally charge them to court and then we will tell Nigerians to know those who abused the trust when they were entrusted with public funds. So, the day of reckoning is gradually approaching.”

Read more ........ http://africaonline.cc/index.php/2015/11/25/anti-graft-war-my-hands-are-tied-buhari/
Re: Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari by lovesamzy: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2015
ok
Re: Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari by ademega(m): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2015
let go read am
Re: Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari by hopilo: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2015
Tied by Ameachi, Tinibu and Fashola. We knew it and we are not surprise

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari by SSPX(m): 9:41am On Nov 25, 2015
nonsense we know that you are not capable for it's was through corruption that you came into power

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: My Hands Are Tied – Buhari by phlemzy: 9:49am On Nov 25, 2015
And when Say Barber got there,he realised it wasn't an easy task. Its already looking as if the change promised is a negative one..

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Police IG Solomon Arase Visits Governor Nasir El-rufai In Kaduna / Still On Change / Nnamdi Kanu :dss Secretly Meets Magestrate Handling His Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.