Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,910 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin (16429 Views)

TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor / TSTV To Launch October With Over 11 Sports Channels / BBC Staff Caught Watching A Sex Scene During Live News Broadcast - See Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by skak(m): 11:30am On Nov 25, 2015
BBC Hausa exists since b4 I was born. I thought Yoruba and Igbo version exist too
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by zpakln(f): 11:30am On Nov 25, 2015
ahmedgafar7:
Lesson for STV to stop forming foreign..even BBC is going local
Abi oo
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by engreo(m): 11:30am On Nov 25, 2015
Ok
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by skak(m): 11:31am On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:
Good one. Yorubas are highly respected

When will the world take Igbos seriously?

BBC Hause exists since b4 I was born. I thought Yoruba and Igbo version exist too
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by BABANGBALI: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2015
heboe lost out again grin grin angry

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Akshow: 11:32am On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
They know ibos don't need those things cos they understand English better than the Hausas and yorubas

And is English language ur ancestral dialect

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by femi4: 11:32am On Nov 25, 2015
zpakln:
E kaasan o, iroyin Agbaye lo'n de si eti igbo yin, Lati Ile Ise BBC, Oniroyin yin ni Adekemi Alonge
E yi ni awon koko inu iroyin naa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by sasquareT(m): 11:34am On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:

Seriously! Nawa oo haba...my brother grown-up and stop all this hatred comment, I be yoruba but this is uncalled-for. Little wonder the Igbo said we Yoruba are Igbophobia

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by obinnashady(m): 11:34am On Nov 25, 2015
Akshow:

And is English language ur ancestral dialect
we need no interpretation,,,suck it sucker
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by anonimi: 11:35am On Nov 25, 2015
Good!
Great!!
News!!!
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by BABANGBALI: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2015
kekakuz:
tongue[size=20pt] when will they launch BBC igbo
So they can use it to communicate the punishment for carrying drugs incase they don't understand English [/size]
hahahaahhajhhhjajahjaa omo you baaaaaaaaaaad gan ni grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by gigabyte13: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2015
But why is BBC doing this na? My friend UCHE will start shouting marginalisation, even BBC hate us too. BBC.! BBC..!! BBC...!!! Hw many times did l call u people? Ehn.! Enh..!! Enh...!!! Stop this nonsense before one "mr kini kan" will lead UCHE and his people to break away from Africa and join CCTV china.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by BABANGBALI: 11:37am On Nov 25, 2015
sasquareT:

Seriously! Nawa oo haba...my brother grown-up and stop all this hatred comment, I be yoruba but this is uncalled-for. Little wonder the Igbo said we Yoruba are Igbophobia
sharaaaaaaap,yes sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by anonimi: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:

Don't you think Yorubas will be MORE respected if this were Odua Broadcasting Corporation, OBC launching a worldwide broadcast in English
The British are simply going to foster their own world view on us.
Abi you think sey na free ni?
Think, bro, THINK!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/ngpqy14me9hk5qty8uc53ap8iowc4elq1111115[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by skak(m): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
They know ibos don't need those things cos they understand English better than the Hausas and yorubas

see ur mouth, see ur life and see ur english.... I pity u
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by BABANGBALI: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2015
trigar12:
Yoruba people, everywhere you go grin
yes oooooooooooooooooooo except in Biafra

4 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by menxer: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2015
Make dem nor make mistake use warri pidgin ooooo.....

Igbo nko?
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by gretblue: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2015
Beehshorp:
As much as I like my tribe being Igbo I just love the one Nigeria part..
God bless Nigeria

Your type is what we need to move this nation forward.May God bless you and the like minds.

3 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by themoon: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Edifyer: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2015
Is a welcome development.. while BBC Hausa Service Celebrated 50th Anniversary
There is also VOA Hausa, Radio France International RFI Hausa and German DW Radio Hausa.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by obinnashady(m): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2015
skak:

see ur mouth, see ur life and see ur english.... I pity u
your mouth is smelling on this thread...f*cking muslim..quote me again and receive thunder

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by jamst2(m): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2015
all this propaganda bullshit stuff
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Akshow: 11:52am On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
we need no interpretation,,,suck it sucker
second class citizen in naija. Second class citizen even in the international community. It sure sucks to be a heeboo

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by anonimi: 11:53am On Nov 25, 2015
Edifyer:
Is a welcome development.. while BBC Hausa Service Celebrated 50th Anniversary
There is also VOA Hausa, Radio France International RFI Hausa and German DW Radio Hausa.

Recognition that the Hausa/fulanis dominate us.
QED!!!
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Welcomme: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2015
gozmok1:
My people please can someone tell me what
is happening to our apostles of good
governance during the last administration?
why is everybody quiet about the fuel
scarcity that has lingered for almost one
month now. Our APC fans whom are you
blaming now GEJ or Dieziani? what of our
bring back crusaders?plz why have they
gone cold or are the girls back? A bag of rice
is now 11,500 I guess it will get to about
14k before Xmas. Last year we bought a full
bag for between 7,500 to 8000 at
Christmas.
You guys are in charge now for 6 months
yet all we get are excuses and blame game.
what am I even hearing about TSA?
corruption among the saints? You no longer
criticise our soldiers. You have stopped
calling them names.Our president has
approved the release of 413bn to pay for
subsidy. I thought they said subsidy amount
was over bloated during the time of GEJ.
Why are my people not talking again? How
much job has been created since May 2015?
How many unemployed Nigerians have
started receiving the 5000 stipend? Why are
we not asking questions? Has promise of
Change become Change of promise? We are
just watching.
nice one
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by focus7: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2015
Igbos always comes last in everything, maybe I should there language: they are being marginalised everywhere in the world because they are not as relevant as they thought they are.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by obinnashady(m): 11:56am On Nov 25, 2015
Akshow:
second class citizen in naija. Second class citizen even in the international community. It sure sucks to be a heeboo
and I wouldn't pray anyday to be yorrobber...maggot like u
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Tripleclick(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
HAHAHA.. MY BRO TELL THEM.. THE ILLITERACY THERE IS INCREASING
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 25, 2015
smiley nice....
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by musicwriter(m): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yoruba seems to be one of the most advanced language in Africa. Currently researching on that. So far Yoruba and Swahili stand out.

For Pidgin English, we should be ashamed of ourselves that a whiteman understands the value of our own language more than we do. Pidgin English is the most universal language in Nigeria, yet we ridicule it. This's a language that should've be used in school and offices, to interpret difficult concepts, to write our constitution, e.t.c for the purpose of clarity.

I was trying to explain something during one of my online science lectures and I remember pointing out that "African scholars are waiting for white people to standardize Pidgin English for us". Soon the British will develop a standard for writing Pidgin, and all we will do is "copy and paste" the knowledge. Therefore, white people are the custodians of knowledge. They determine what we should know, what we shouldn't know, how we should know it, how we shouldn't know it, e.t.c.

This's why I have concluded that education is not happening in Africa at the moment. Because, you don't "copy and paste" knowledge, rather, you "create" knowledge as it suits a community/culture/civilization/people. Asians have successfully done that!.

Indeed, intellectual slavery, is the worst legacy of colonialism.

4 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Tripleclick(m): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
[b][/b]
kekakuz:
tongue[size=20pt] when will they launch BBC igbo
So they can use it to communicate the punishment for carrying drugs incase they don't understand English [/size]
WE ARE NOT ILLITERATES THAT NEEDS TRANSLATION TO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.. BBC HAUSA HAS BEEN IN D NORTH CUS OF ILLITERACY.. D ILLITERACY IS FAST GROWING IN South West.. SO UNA NEED INTERPRETATION

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Comedy Skit - "I Want To Bury Corruption" / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos) / 9 Movies Car And Speed Lovers Should Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.