Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin (16431 Views)

TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor / TSTV To Launch October With Over 11 Sports Channels / BBC Staff Caught Watching A Sex Scene During Live News Broadcast - See Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by obinnashady(m): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tripleclick:
HAHAHA.. MY BRO TELL THEM.. THE ILLITERACY THERE IS INCREASING
lol,they(yorrobbers) will soon wail with their mouth wey dey smell..
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by scholes0(m): 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tripleclick:
[b][/b] WE ARE NOT ILLITERATES THAT NEEDS TRANSLATION TO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.. BBC HAUSA HAS BEEN IN D NORTH CUS OF ILLITERACY.. D ILLITERACY IS FAST GROWING IN South West.. SO UNA NEED INTERPRETATION

Yes.
Just the same way the illiteracy is fast growing in Japan (BBC Japanese), Kenya (BBC Swahili), France (BBC French), Indonesia (BBC indonesian), Russia (BBC Russian), Thailand (BBC Thailand) and many other parts of the world.

6 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by step272: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
Without Igbo's Nigeria is nothing and u can't dispute it.even Yoruba or Hausa knows that

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by shogz89: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
scholes0:

Yes.
Just the same way the illiteracy is fast growing in Japan (BBC Japanese), Kenya (BBC Swahili), France (BBC French), Indonesia (BBC indonesian), Russia (BBC Russian), Thailand (BBC Thailand) and many other parts of the world.
epic reply grin grin grin they want to twist it to favour them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by ayoyonet(m): 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
I am pleased to hear that
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by skak(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
your mouth is smelling on this thread...f*cking muslim..quote me again and receive thunder

Eyya... I understand your situation.....
They said loneliness is a disease especially leaving without parents.

Damage had been done to you already we cant help u out of It but if u can join us in campaigning against baby factory that produces u, we would save a lot of ur unborn brothers.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by shogz89: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
step272:
Without Igbo's Nigeria is nothing and u can't dispute it.even Yoruba or Hausa knows that
and without yoruba and hausa nigeria is nothing and every one knows that too tongue grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by step272: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
Without Igbo's Nigeria is nothing to write about,Yoruba and knows that quite alright
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Remii(m): 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
They know ibos don't need those things cos they understand English better than the Hausas and yorubas
are you celebrating loss of your heritage to foreign language? we all should be proud of our mother tongue being fluent in english without good command of your language is colonial mentality

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by bigmo1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ji
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
SuPeRq:
Hmmm
......Odikwa serious! Am heading to the KweZuwenu palace ..... undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Abimbade: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
I'm very sorry if it seems as if I'm derailing on this thread. Pls if anybody knows eniola here on nairaland she promised people that there's an ushering job somewhere and when we got there we met global geo life networking company toasting people to join their company and pay their hard earned money. I'm less concerned about people who are interested in this scam biz. But this Eniola that keeps on deceiving people thus making us loose our precious time and energy on a biz that has no future. I have told her I will spoil her reputation and this is one of my ways. All the website in nigeria must hear about this till she stops the scam. Pls don't quote me if you're an offline network marketer. U guys use the same startegy. GNLD and their cohorts.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by missKiffy(f): 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
kekakuz:
tongue[size=20pt] when will they launch BBC igbo
So they can use it to communicate the punishment for carrying drugs incase they don't understand English [/size]
I concur with this one cheesy
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
ahmedgafar7:
Lesson for STV to stop forming foreign..even BBC is going local nd NTA to change dat dier 1940 camera
absolutely! Especially about the 1940 camera. Lol

i am really looking forward to when the NTA will become like the BBC, Aljazeera, CNN et al. Even the privately owned stations like Arise News is doing far better. The NTA keeps boasting that it is the largest network in Africa, but they are a network not many people would watch or listen to due to the poor quality of picture and sound coupled with boring news and analysis. The most anoying thing it is: they dedicate 1hr news to reading only news bulletin while doing zero indepth analysis. Very poor in my opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by palladin: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
musicwriter:
Yoruba seems to be one of the most advanced language in Africa. Currently researching on that. So far Yoruba and Swahili stand out.

For Pidgin English, we should be ashamed of ourselves that a whiteman understands the value of our own language more than we do. Pidgin English is the most universal language in Nigeria, yet we ridicule it. This's a language that should've be used in school and offices, to interpret difficult concepts, to write our constitution, e.t.c for the purpose of clarity.

I was trying to explain something during one of my online science lectures and I remember pointing out that "African scholars are waiting for white people to standardize Pidgin English for us". Soon the British will develop a standard for writing Pidgin, and all we will do is "copy and paste" the knowledge. Therefore, white people are the custodians of knowledge. They determine what we should know, what we shouldn't know, how we should know it, how we shouldn't know it, e.t.c.

This's why I have concluded that education is not happening in Africa at the moment. Because, you don't "copy and paste" knowledge, rather, you "create" knowledge as it suits a community/culture/civilization/people. Asians have successfully done that!.

Indeed, intellectual slavery, is the worst legacy of colonialism.

Pidgin is not exactly a language. Pidgin is spoken by people to cover up their abysmal use of English.

It's currently doing more damage to our education. During my service year in delta, a corper friend of mine could speak pidgin very well but couldn't read the Bible. I felt so ashamed.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by ochris03: 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
LordCenturion:
I knw that my brothers(wailers) from South East wil feel jelous just the way they force dstv to creat africa magic igbo...i knw that they wil hate this development... They wil soon start crying for BBC Biafra igbo...the guy after the guy below me can testify to it.

Lol guy pls grow up for once, Nollywood is enough for igbos bcus almost all the Nigeria films we watch is in igbo background, attires, village scenes, sound tracks, settings and screenplay so please dont say we need africa magic igbo. We dont worship pple like yorubas bcus if linda ikeji Psquare Don jazzy be yoruba una go d brag but we igbos no send dem oo wat eva u are is in ur pocket. If a rich man cooks of a village, there will eat and finish the food but if the whole village cooks for him to eat lol wat do you think will happen to him? Guy love igbo cus i love yoruba as u guys are d best in ITC in nigeria. One love guys
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by dubemivan(m): 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
Kyase:

Ibos will be last as usuall just like with the case of DSTV grin
BBC is marginalizing ibos-ipod
Yes my Broda... the reason is because prior to colonial era it was so CHEAP for them to win over Yoruba people who were actually sold out by their so called OBA in particular the OBA of then Lagos!
The same goes with the Hausa who unlike the YORUbA's were able to negotiate with the White Men not to tamper with their religion!
But it was HELL on earth for those BRITAIN people to whitewash OUR IGBO people as the rallied with all their force and power before they manage to prevail!
Otherwise why do you think the BRITISH handed over POWER to the hausa and allowed them to dominate the HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY? Because they know you YORUBAS and HAUSAS are big mugus they can still control even outside COLONIZATION!
Little wonder our Country have not thrived under Yoruba/Hausa Government because you guys are dullard and are easily manipulated...Mtcheeeeeew!
Whether BBC or GCE Ndi Igbo will continue to grow and march forward with or without external influence... we have shown over the years what we are capable of doing!
Ndi Igbo kweenu!
Obu Nwanne unu na ekele unu na asi Ndeewo nu!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by kumbalo(m): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tripleclick:
[b][/b] WE ARE NOT ILLITERATES THAT NEEDS TRANSLATION TO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.. BBC HAUSA HAS BEEN IN D NORTH CUS OF ILLITERACY.. D ILLITERACY IS FAST GROWING IN South West.. SO UNA NEED INTERPRETATION

Your ignorance has been exposed. So illiteracy is when you speak in your mother tongue. Yout mumuness cannot be cured. go in peace
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by obinnashady(m): 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
skak:

Eyya... I understand your situation.....
They said loneliness is a disease especially leaving without parents.

Damage had been done to you already we cant help u out of It but if u can join us in campaigning against baby factory that produces u, we would save a lot of ur unborn brothers.
weed is not good 4 u at all,wtf are u saying...gibberish..latin..swahili? Quote me again and die
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by baysol: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:
Good one. Yorubas are highly respected

When will the world take Igbos seriously?

My friend Respect like in the case of the Yorubas is earned and not given as a typical igbo will want to. Igbos can as well go and stuff their drug and crime money for all I care.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by musicwriter(m): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
palladin:

Pidgin is not exactly a language. Pidgin is spoken by people to cover up their abysmal use of English.

It's currently doing more damage to our education. During my service year in delta, a corper friend of mine could speak pidgin very well but couldn't read the Bible. I felt so ashamed.

Pidgin is not a language?. What is language?.

What language did your corper friend speak fluently?.

Your corper friend couldn't read the bible because he/she doesn't know how to read. It have nothing to do with ability to speak Pidgin. Me, I de speak Pidgin and English join.

You represent perfectly well what western education is meant to achieve in Africa: to alienate you to your own value system, to get you to despise your own. In fact, to make you an educated fool.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Tripleclick(m): 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
kumbalo:

Your ignorance has been exposed. So illiteracy is when you speak in your mother tongue. Yout mumuness cannot be cured. go in peace
Illiteracy is when a foreign media needs to launch a local station to b able to pass information to a group of ppl..wen education is at its peak
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Tripleclick(m): 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
scholes0:

Yes.
All u mention are all countries and the information are passed in English or b translated.. Yoruba is a local language.. Illiterates
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Tripleclick(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
lol,they(yorrobbers) will soon wail with their mouth wey dey smell..
Hahaha.. Das cracking
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by pheesayor(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Just like they did for Africa magic grin grin grin
looseweight:
IBO should protest for there own inclusion, or else, we will go to our Biafra

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by afolayangs(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
#yorubaroockis
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by scholes0(m): 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tripleclick:
All u mention are all countries and the information are passed in English or b translated.. Yoruba is a local language.. Illiterates

You are not making any sense.

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by ochris03: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tripleclick:
Illiteracy is when a foreign media needs to launch a local station to b able to pass information to a group of ppl..wen education is at its peak

Nwanna ahna eji igbo agwa oyi osha. Please if u can use yoruba to tell him maybe he will understand better.lol
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by mart2k(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
If to say na 'crime radio' dey wan launch, na ibo language dey for use.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by tplacid: 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:
Good one. Yorubas are highly respected

When will the world take Igbos seriously?

Can you just stop this please.

Am I Yoruba boy and our culture teaches us to respect others so please uphold that value of respect in our culture.

BBC intent doesn't make us better than the Igbos.

We all equal.
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
Kyase:

Ibos will be last as usuall just like with the case of DSTV grin
BBC is marginalizing ibos-ipod

SLAVERY is worse than disease.What this means is that yorubas are going backward, Google when BBC hausa was establish and the reason... You wont hear BBC America, BBC china, BBC Japan, you cant even have BBC in smaller European countries.... this is a way of recolonization.... watch what Russia will do to it if installed. and mind you it is always in short wave, do you know what that means, they want to help your primitive ppl who have refused to be modernized....ppl from swaziland who speak Swahili are still moving about naked even in this 2015 , their king is still selecting virgins every year...this is the ppl BBC classify you with grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Comedy Skit - "I Want To Bury Corruption" / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos) / 9 Movies Car And Speed Lovers Should Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.