Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? (11332 Views)

Vacancy For Energy Officers - Walk-in Interview On 22nd And 23rd Sept, 2017 / Invited For An In Interview / Walk In Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by olafunny(m): 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello nairalanders,
Good day,

Being a fresh graduate, i know I'm getting closer to the real world and also about to enter what is regarded as the 'Nigeria Labour Market'. I've been on Nairaland for over a year now and i have read so many articles and write-ups about interviews and employments. So also, i have read so many posts on interviews' disappointments by males and females (mostly males though). Also in my quest to satisfy my curiosity, i came across many posts by fortunate nairalanders (i don't mean the ones without jobs are unfortunate) who had successful passed their interviews and had been offered jobs with reasonable 'take home' pays.

Now, i wish to know if, apart from experience and qualifications, the look or the gender of the involved interviewee is greatly considered also before a job can be given? What i mean by the 'look' is how pretty the lady is or how tall and handsome the guy is. Or it doesn't matter at all?

No be say i fine sha, i won know if my look get chance too ni grin grin grin just kidding anyway.

My question is directed to employers and employees who must have passed through one or two interview sessions. And also to those who are still in the process of 'job hunting'.

May God help us all.

#olafunny

3 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by orlando5: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
sadly yes

18 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by tosyne2much(m): 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Though I'm bereft of interviews knowledge, but I I think looks and gender also go a way to getting a job. When you look too ugly and tattered, OYO is your case cheesy

Statistics have it that pretty ladies find it somewhat easier to get jobs unlike the ugly ones

34 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by iamkingzlee(m): 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yes. Sadly, it helps!! seen most cases of such!!
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by proudofficial(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
wow obinigwe ekele oooo i get chance then nah
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by olafunny(m): 2:32pm On May 14, 2017
Lalasticlala you've really been helpful. Pls help push to FP
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Kizyte(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2017
A
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by RealDannie(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2017
Back then: It doesn't

Now: Oh yea, it does grin

But if you ask me, na who I go ask?

6 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by ekanDamie: 7:47pm On May 14, 2017
yes it does.
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by kolafolabi(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2017
It really does for ladies especially for a marketing role from a reputable firm.

It helps the company show case their products and services through the sexy ladies tongue.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by emeijeh(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2017
For Looks, yes.... . Cos you cannot compare a Joseph Benjamin to a Mr. Ibu.

For gender, na girls dey win am.. .. . No thanks to their endowment

6 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Laple0541(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2017
In some instances, it does (especially when the individual to be employed is to serve functions that requires that within the organisation). Some organisations will specify on the requirement for the prospective applicants on what and what they needed in that regards, but in most cases it doesn't, your paper qualification, smartness, connection (either with God or Man) is what matters.

BTW try to develop an entrepreneurial skill, it's far more reliable this days.

4 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 14, 2017
Looks sure as hell influence applicants success in interviews. Since graduating from school, I have had close to 30 interviews but no job yet. I was bundled out of the last interview room because my interviewer claims I look like a thief. angry

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Mayydayy(m): 7:48pm On May 14, 2017
Looks?.yes.
If you r fine in this world.half of your problems in life are solved

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by TMDavidWest(f): 7:48pm On May 14, 2017
Good English certainly does. And your topic is faulty.

6 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Omotayor123(f): 7:49pm On May 14, 2017
Yeah! Being a pretty Female is an added advantage at interviews. But you must be intelligent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Agriman(m): 7:49pm On May 14, 2017
For this Naija it does

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by sod09(m): 7:49pm On May 14, 2017
yes ,yes and yes!!!
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Lincoln275(m): 7:49pm On May 14, 2017
some interviewers select based on look oooe especially if its a marketing job

3 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by AfroSamurai: 7:50pm On May 14, 2017
Well sometimes yes. grin
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by OpinionCounts(m): 7:50pm On May 14, 2017
It does in some cases and it may even matter up to 50% in some cases depending on the job. Jobs like air hostess, customer service, Banks, models may even matter up to 70%.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Pavore9: 7:51pm On May 14, 2017
Most times, they are factors.

1 Like

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Flexherbal(m): 7:51pm On May 14, 2017
I think so.
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 14, 2017
big YES especially for the position of a banker.
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by manchester1: 7:51pm On May 14, 2017
it has to do with the kind of job you applying for
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Darrex4rel: 7:51pm On May 14, 2017
Absolutely yes may God help us in this country
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Dillusionist(m): 7:52pm On May 14, 2017
Yes!! cheesy
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by canalily(m): 7:53pm On May 14, 2017
Pls can you interview these peopleundecided

3 Likes

Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by speezyWears: 7:53pm On May 14, 2017
TMDavidWest:
Good English certainly does. And your topic is faulty.

Evilz grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Moving4: 7:53pm On May 14, 2017
It does in some Jobs o...
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 14, 2017
You better start packaging your kpuntus if you need a job.
Re: Does Look Or Gender Has Anything To Do With Success In Interview? by alexiej(m): 7:54pm On May 14, 2017
Does Look Or Gender HAVE Anything To Do With Success In Interview?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBC Youth Empowered Programme 2018 / 2019 NECO Marking Coordination??? / Apply for Mega Graduate and Internship Positions at The Nigerian Army Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.