Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) (37125 Views)

My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos) / Muslims Block Federal Road In Kogi State For Friday Prayers. Photos / Lagos To Kano Train. Nairalander bad experience (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by danbrowndmf(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
which of those people you listed lives in Kogi?
LMAOOOOO! Yhu don finish me.cheesy
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by misspicy(f): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
aptooba:
please say the truth, you are from yagba (Isanlu). You made me feel at home with the language. Thanks
you are welcome bruh grin

ehokun sir,se ro fo ede ha ni?
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
danbrowndmf:
LMAOOOOO! Yhu don finish me.cheesy
lol. But that's the truth
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by morrygreat: 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Erokun ooo

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by aptooba(m): 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
sasquareT:
U forget the massive iron ore deposit at ITAKPE, Largest cement factory in west africa, Coal depost at Mamu formation and minor gold deposit in quartz veins at Isanlu
Thank you, tell them and let them be informed that there are many minerals resources deposit in Kogi such as high quality granite and Mable both located at Iyamoye and Ekirin-Ade Ijumu L.G.A

1 Like

Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by stephnie44(f): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
missKiffy:
Cool, whos that lady op
she is amaka udogu
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by aptooba(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
misspicy:

you are welcome bruh grin

ehokun sir,se ro fo ede ha ni?

Mo e kun like omo okun tikatika ko mise, eku igbadun. Okun ah gbe ah oo Amin.
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Princess4eva(f): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
misspicy:
OP ehian wa mo...oh han daa daruko ihan yagba naai..kan se o...listi mo eti pe cheesy

if anyone can decode this PM me grin

Are you saying the list isn't complete without op mentioning the Yagba people? I think the op already did by saying Okun people. I stand to be corrected cos I am Okun abroad, can't speak the dialect but understand a bit.
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Princess4eva(f): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
danbrowndmf:
lools,baba e go better jare.
Mercy johson
praiz
YQ
jaywon
Darey art alade
halimat abubakar

all of dem na kogi o.cheesy

You forgot Gbenro Ajibade of Tinsel who got married not too long ago and Lola Alao too also of Nollywood.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by danbrowndmf(m): 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
Princess4eva:

You forgot Gbenro Ajibade of Tinsel who got married not too long ago.
wait! That cute guy is from kogi? Wow!

You from kogi too?
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Princess4eva(f): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
danbrowndmf:

You from kogi too?
Yes! Proudly Kogi! Egbe, Yagba West L.G.A
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Princess4eva(f): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
danbrowndmf:

You from kogi too?
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by MrEverest(m): 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
I served there too & was posted to directorate of rural development DRD Lokoja, I also applied & got a part-time teaching job at Bishop Deslisle Secondary School. I was opportuned to visit virtualy most parts of the state like Okene, Lokoja, Kabba, Ankpa, Dekina, Anyigba, etc. while I agree with the op about the state's natural endowment I must add that the state is grossly under-developed, aside Dangote cement company at Obajana, The state economy is dead. Poverty is rife, open defeacation even by women is the norm (river Niger is a mega toilet) , Lokoja the state capital is one big ghetto, the room temperature especially at Lokoja can bake a meat pie! whenever I Was sent to the rural areas I would rush back asap to Lokoja. The People especially the Igala were friendly while the Igbiras are always belligerent.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Shedysworld(m): 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
Wow my Okun brothers and sisters plenty here
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by danbrowndmf(m): 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Princess4eva:

Wow! Nice meeting a sister here. Am from okene! Though not been there beforegrin
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by emzila(m): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
YesIam:
Asaya-Asaya... Why you no go zamfara?
cc: maziomenuko
I WAS THERE
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by mikolo80: 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
chymystique:
Am wondering why Kogi State is trending these days... Should be awarded the Most under developed state in Nigeria... I pray next four years whosoever is the governor should work towards bringing development there cause the place is richly blessed with natural resources
no vex o but humour me
name 10 things you would do as gwamna to develop your state? I'm doing research
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by noblegrex: 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
chymystique:
Am wondering why Kogi State is trending these days... Should be awarded the Most under developed state in Nigeria... I pray next four years whosoever is the governor should work towards bringing development there cause the place is richly blessed with natural resources
don't worry,I'll not disappoint you.your expectations will never be cut short.by God's grace.
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Bandura(m): 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
[quote author=MrEverest post=40406371]I served there too & was posted to directorate of rural development DRD Lokoja, I also applied & got a part-time teaching job at Bishop Deslisle Secondary School. I was opportuned to visit virtualy most parts of the state like Okene, Lokoja, Kabba, Ankpa, Dekina, Anyigba, etc. while I agree with the op about the state's natural endowment I must add that the state is grossly under-developed, aside Dangote cement company at Obajana, The state economy is dead. Poverty is rife, open defeacation even by women is the norm (river Niger is a mega toilet) , Lokoja the state capital is one big ghetto, the room temperature especially at Lokoja can bake a meat pie! whenever I Was sent to the rural areas I would rush back asap to Lokoja. The People especially the Igala were friendly while the Igbiras are always belligerent.

Pls get 'ur facts right and don't step on the good people of Ebira kingdom. God bless you. Proudly Ebira.
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by daveP(m): 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
Repping FUL

Kogi is underdeveloped, the waterfronts very smelly, dumpy ground for refuse, high scattered settlements save a few by the govr.

Needs serious pressure from media to grow. Tourism is the lifeline but is on a low. Mount Patti is a good place to go, but its still needing more upgrade. Home of trailers that ruin the roads, etc.

Lemme stop

but i twalz to GEJ for bringing a Fed Univ to the state, the students, even those that are partisan, are still grateful for that act.

Yinmus@Tinubu's gameplan over Kogi. Smh

OP, i'l catch you tomrw in class.
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by rossi5(f): 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
owanguy:
I vividly remember then when i was schooling in ajaokuta (secondary school).

what year,,finished from niompco too
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
I enjoyed my NYSC in Kogi state, Asaya na one wonderful camp for me. The state is been ravished by poverty through the wickedness of politicians and illiteracy of its people... I stayed almost 18 months after my service and I really enjoyed the love shown to me especially by the chics, I swear kogi babes beautiful, fresh and lovely... God forgive my trespasses... I can't forget the villages (Jege, Ponyan, Ife-Olukotun, kabba.... chai

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by BlackLeopard(m): 12:15am On Nov 26, 2015
@OP, thank you for taking time to share those pics and type up comprehensive intro materials for us. It's appreciated. wink
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by RossMehn: 12:38am On Nov 26, 2015
What is there to do in lokoja will be there in dec
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by ministeriallist: 5:06am On Nov 26, 2015
Adaure4ever:
Kogi state is underdeveloped, it needs a good goverance.
Tell them jor, Kogi is still underdeveloped
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by okunnuwa(m): 6:33am On Nov 26, 2015
YesIam:
Asaya-Asaya... Why you no go zamfara?

cc: maziomenuko

yeaaaa...thats the sound frm the nysc orientation camp in asaya kabba...gosh i miss those good old days
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by Slama09jnr(m): 6:47am On Nov 26, 2015
Guseh:
Nice one there @ Op... Proudly Okun.
One voice, one heart, one love, same perspective, one people, Same OKUN nation. Just watch and see how God will disgrace our enemies in that state.
Faleke will surely get there!

Faleke!! Guy u can only be da enemy of yourselves. Pray for unity even thou tribalism of rulling is ruin K. State,, we're in da world of civilization my brother wic old say don't matters at times
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by profjendor(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2015
lolx,, ede yen ti dun larun re ju oni osa gbo lo.....
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by davidsonkuti: 7:44am On Nov 26, 2015
adebayo201:
Uhm
U left me cracking bt wat has dis got 2 do wit d issue in d thread pls
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by nwonufestus(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2015
i no say dis op go carry man join 4 his pix lol

corpers na d best place to do olosho lol

i hv experience it shaa grin
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by SapphireYj: 8:58am On Nov 26, 2015
Princess4eva:

Wow, glad to meet someone from my town on Nairaland! I'm from Egbe too, the only Jerusalem in Nigeria! No mind those bad belle people, I'm proud of Kogi state, and we will still soar high.
Re: Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) by ussy09(m): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2015
missKiffy:
Cool, whos that lady op
op Agbawoo orlukuloo Naago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agbor Railway Village (video, Pictures) / Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria / One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.