Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation (40463 Views)

Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election / ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Heazy2015(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
* Urges him to use the Foundation to show remorse for past actions.

In what was a response to the letter written him by his estranged god-son, ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, former President Olusegun Obasanjo has advised him (Jonathan) to use the new Foundation he is set to establish to engage in soul-searching and in reviewing his past actions.

In the letter, dated October 12, 2015, Obasanjo also advised Jonathan to consider the Foundation as a platform through which he can heal his conscience and demonstrate penitence over his past actions.
Recall that ex-President Jonathan on September 22, wrote his god-father, Obasanjo, informing him of his plans to set up a foundation through which he would continue to service humanity.

Obasanjo’s letter dated October 12, 2015, Premium Times reports read:

Dear President Goodluck Jonathan,
“I write to acknowledge the receipt of your letter of September 22, 2015. I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your successful handover to the current President of Nigeria, H.E. President Muhammadu Buhari.

“I am happy to note that you had a good rest and time with your family during the break. I hope you also had time to reflect and see what lessons you have learned and what you can bequeath to others.

“All of us who have had experience in our service to the nation and to humanity must not put it under the bushel.
“I have to commend you and your Foundation, Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, for the faith you continue to have in Nigeria.

“Maybe seeking how to be better and more serviceable to the nation and humanity is also a form of penitence and soul-searching to give conscience a relief and to show remorse.

“I wish you well as you continue to forge ahead with your activities in the coming months and years. If there is any area you feel I can be of help, you should not hesitate to call on me.
Yours Sincerely,
Olusegun Obasanjo

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/obasanjo-finally-replies-jonathans-letter-on-new-foundation/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Bugatie(m): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by northvietnam(m): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
End time presidents.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
When will Obasanjo show his own remorse for Nyashing his son's wife?

tongue tongue tongue

202 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by mazzi: 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
Obasanjo is too petty!

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by mazzi: 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
Typical yeruba man will always quarrel

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by luvinhubby(m): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nobody takes Obasanjo serious this days, not his children, not his family members, not his townsmen, not Nigerians and definitely not the international community and that is why he has no decent foundation or NGO as nobody will patronize him, hence his bitterness.

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by sammyj: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
God bless OBJ for the advise. However, a son can never be older and have old cloths than his father. Food for thought for the young upcoming leaders !!! cool

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by ojeota(f): 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Why addressing him as president.
Obasanjo always forming saint.
Goodluck to Jonathan on his foundation.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Candyrain(m): 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
mazzi:
Obasanjo is too petty!
I dey tells you brother. Over pettiness too worry am.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
ojeota:
Why addressing him as president.
Obasanjo always forming saint.
Goodluck to Jonathan on his foundation.
The title of President is held by all former occupant of the office of the President. Abi e de hungry you?

20 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Too little, too late...

Obj is just a garrulous, self-righteous geriatric megalomaniac. He acts and talks like other people are incapable of thinking. Follow Oby Ezekwesili on twitter and you'd think her handle is run by Obj.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by neolboy(m): 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
I believed the Gentleman will heed to your advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Obasanjo does not have the quality of a leader.
He is too petty and always unreasonable.
Anyway his attitute is typical of yorubas.

Finally we've seen the saint (Buhari) that obasanjo brought inn.

Comparing buhari's government to that of GEJ is like comparing darkness to light.

Those who were shouting sai baba, where are you. He promised $1 =N1 but dollar is now N240.
He promised us fuel at N20 per liter but its now sold at N500 per liter that is even if you see it to buy under buhari and apc government.

Nigerians have been scammed big time.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
I wonder who takes advice from an incest

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by vladimiros: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
$180 Million Halliburton Oil scandal in Obasanjo's time, and nobody went to jail ( cuz he benefitted)

Tried to go for a third term

the man is a bigger rascal than IBB

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Karlovich: 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
Too much amala is affecting obasanjo's brain

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
Jonathan has sinned and fallen short of the glory of the kingmakers in Nigeria.

After reading Baba's reply, I conclude that Jonathan should seek God's face in the remaining time on earth. He should join the likes of Gowon to ask for forgiveness for mishandling the affairs of Nigeria.

Jonathan sef embarassed

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by ojeota(f): 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The title of President is held by all former occupant of the office of the President. Abi e de hungry you?

Even after Office

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by JohnFrankling(m): 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
OBJ is also a cause of the problems we are having today, at times I wonder why some people see him as a hero"who him help"

26 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Bigprozzie: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
“I am happy to note that you had a good rest and
time with your family during the break. I hope
you also had time to reflect and see what
lessons you have learned and what you can
bequeath to others.

“Maybe seeking how to be better and more
serviceable to the nation and humanity is also a
form of penitence and soul-searching to give
conscience a relief and to show remorse.
“I wish you well as you continue to forge ahead
with your activities in the coming months and
years. If there is any area you feel I can be of
help, you should not hesitate to call on me.

grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Ximonak: 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
vladimiros:
$180 Million Halliburton Oil scandal in Obasanjo's time, and nobody went to jail ( cuz he benefitted)

Tried to go for a third term

the man is a bigger rascal than IBB

40billion for Power sector,
OBJ refuse to expose Oil cabal
Selling Bakassi to Cameroun without proper findings
illegal/improper Selling of many firms of the government in nigeria

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by maupe: 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
The season of letter writing. I am glad they are both trying to patch the misunderstanding between them. This is what we want from our leaders and politicians. Politics of sportmanship and competition, not of hate and ethnicity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by ndcide(m): 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
Crap. If this is true, it's an insult. GEJ better forget everything about OBJ.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by MuamarGaddaffi: 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Imagine Obasanjo preaching about soul-searching to give conscience a relief and to show remorse. Who among these two does this sermon best described?

Soul searching in daughter in law,Halliburton scandal, 10 billion USD power project, Zakibiam and Odu war crime, kidnapping of sitting governor ,third term bid; power drunk,assassinations of perceived opponents ,and et el.

Baba you are working tirelessly to force and intimidate GEJ to accept the consequences of your misrule, as if everything got worst the moment GEJ took over power,why? He tried to be loyal son,by covering all fu*k ups hence no blame game and he worked so hard at that.

OK OHHH

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
Obj, the unremorseful parrot of Ogun. Never sobered by anything, mysteriously deprived of the innate ability of pensiveness, an enlightened rascal.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by honeywealth75(m): 11:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by brixton: 12:43am On Nov 26, 2015
Yeye
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by ODUBEZE: 12:58am On Nov 26, 2015
I don't blame OBJ! I Blame everyone running to him for anything!
Is OBJ fit to be anyone's role model? or don't they know the meaning of role model?
Now tell me how can we fight or reduce corruption when our leaders keep celebrating corrupt people!
It is well!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by MosquitoLaps(m): 1:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Somebody should tell baba that he should emulate Jonathan and stop being overly corrective.

Mtchew. Trash from an angry old man.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by JohnFrankling(m): 3:32am On Nov 26, 2015
OBJ has no remorse and he's the one that clearly need soul searching and for claiming to be too innocent 'MAY THE BLOOD OF THE PEOPLE YOU KILLED IN ODI CONTINUE HUNTING YOU TILL YOU JOIN THEM" quote me and may leprosy strike you too

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation by M4gunners: 5:13am On Nov 26, 2015
Mehn Jonathan has hit the secret of OBJ if not he never advice Jonathan since the bigining of last presidential campaign up to date, it always attack from every given opportunity. But now he is giving him advice not bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Leading Officers To Arrest Traffic Offenders In Ijora (Photos) / Throwback: Dora Akunyili Battled The Cabal Under Yaradua (Video) / Aftermath Of Owo Church Attack: 70% Of Our People Have Left – Sarkin Hausawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.