Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 (799 Views)

Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry / How Artificial Intelligence May End Up Ruining Our Lives / 6 Humans With Real “superpowers” That Science Can’t Explain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by khalhokage(m): 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
A company has announced its intention to resurrect the dead by storing their memories and using artificial intelligence to return them to life. In the future, of course.

Yeaaaaaah. What?

The company is called Humai , and at the moment, it is pretty sparse on details – and we're still not sure it's not a marketing ploy or a hoax. At any rate, the company says they want to store the “conversational styles, behavioral patterns, thought processes and information about how your body functions from the inside-out” on a silicon chip using AI and nanotechnology, according to their website.

This information would then be “coded into multiple sensor technologies, which will be built into an artificial body with the brain of a deceased human.” Their words, not ours.

In an interview with PopSci , Humai CEO and founder Josh Bocanegra said they “believe we can resurrect the first human within 30 years.” He also elaborated on the process, saying they would use cryonics technology to freeze and store a brain after death, keeping it safe until the technology is ready to insert it into an artificial body.

Quite what these artificial bodies will be is unknown, while the logistics of copying someone’s stored neural information is obviously very much science fiction at the moment. The company seems confident though, even going so far as to suggest that death could one day be optional with their method.

Speaking to IEET, Bocanegra added that while other AI companies are attempting to make virtual versions of people after they die, his was the first to actually bring people back to life. “I don’t think tombstones, photos, videos, or even our own memories are the best ways to remember someone who has passed,” he said. “Instead, I think an artificially intelligent version of your loved one, whom you can interact with via text and voice, is more desirable.”

This is definitely one company you’ll want to keep an eye on over the next few years to see if they make any significant progress towards their rather lofty goal. Or if it's simply an advert for a sequel to Spielberg's "AI."

Source: Iflscience
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by momentum85(m): 9:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
God won't sit in heaven and allow this to happen! It 'll never work! Just a market strategy.
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Look at this one above me......

3 Likes

Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by natureabc(m): 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
make them even start practical now make we see how e go be
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
Am I the only one that finds this hilarious? Joke of the century
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by samsard(m): 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
momentum85:
God won't sit in heaven and allow this to happen! It 'll never work! Just a market strategy.
Like he stopped kidney transplant, space travel, fundamental physics and all human advances in science and technology right?
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
momentum85:
lol, you people sef. cheesy

You people said it was impossible to go to space because no human could go farther than the height of the tower of babel. not only have we now done that, we have also reached the moon, mars, and outside the solar system. sad

You may be right. it may never work. YET. but if it doesn't, it won't be because God had anything to do about it.
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by Dekatron(m): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
As crazy as this is, I 100% want it. . . .

I once told my RELIGIOUS GOD FEARING brother that one day, we will preserve our minds ELECTRONICALLY. . . He said scientists are trying to play god & wont succeed. . He didn't know I am an atheist. grin grin grin grin

allah and jesus must be pissed. . . Poor old bored men. sad sad
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:10am On Nov 27, 2015
science is golden... it will work but will not end well
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
As much I hope it can work, I just know it can't. Our brains are coded, finetuned, shall we say, to our bodies

But who knows? Science continues to shock us everyday.
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by Blakjewelry(m): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
Though this is possible in the future, but I doubt if that coy has that tech presently.
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by oglalasioux(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
I've said it before. In another hundred years man will be like the gods. That time, it'll be discovered that the holy spirit is nothing but electromagnetic waves, the source of life of all living things.
Re: Company Plans To Resurrect Humans With Artificial Intelligence By 2045 by salawustyles(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
end time tinz

(1) (Reply)

Yandex Worker Stole ‘yandex Search Engine’ Source Code, Tried Selling For $29k / Africa Is Moving Higher As Ghana Improves Technologically / How To Stop People From Posting Nonsense In Your Facebook Timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.