Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" (1044 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan : I Am Under Pressure To Contest For Presidency In 2019 / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by TheophilusA: 6:49am On Nov 26, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has for the first time lauded ex-president Goodluck Jonathan for successfully handing over to President Muhammadu Buhari and commended him for continuing to have faith in Nigeria. Obasanjo’s commendation was contained in his reply to President Jonathan’s earlier notification of his plans to establish a foundation following the end of his term in office as president. In the letter dated September 22, 2015, Jonathan formally notified Obasanjo of his intention to set up a foundation to promote good works.

According to Jonathan's letter: “I will be devoting the rest of my life and energy to making the world a better place. I am currently finalizing efforts to set up The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation. More details on the work of the foundation will be available at the launch, which I believe should take place by the 3rd quarter of 2016.”

However, Obasanjo, in a response published by the online newspaper, Premium Times, wrote:

“Dear President Goodluck Jonathan, I write to acknowledge the receipt of your letter of September 22, 2015. I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your successful handover to the current President of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari.

“I am happy to note that you had a good rest and time with your family during the break. I hope you also had time to reflect and see what lessons you have learned and what you can bequeath to others. All of us who have had experience in our service to the nation and to humanity must not put it under the bushel.

“I have to commend you and your Foundation, Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, for the faith you continue to have in Nigeria. Maybe, seeking how to be better and more serviceable to the nation and humanity is also a form of penitence and soul-searching to give conscience a relief and to show remorse. I wish you well as you continue to forge ahead with your activities in the coming months and years. If there is any area you feel I can be of help, you should not hesitate to call on me.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/obasanjo-to-jonathan-i-hope-you-have-learned-some-lessons/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by ORACLE1975(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2015
K
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by koxyz: 6:52am On Nov 26, 2015
Shai
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by abitex577(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2015
So it is only OBJ that doesn't learn abi?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by NICOGRAVITY: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2015
O Lord, please give our present and past leaderships the divine wisdom to lead this great country Nigeria rightly.
Forgive them where ever they have gone astray, establish them in good works. Help them to re-write every wrong and make the up-lifters of this great nation Nigeria.
Nigeria shall be great in all ramifications of life in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by Flets: 7:04am On Nov 26, 2015
I think Obj should learn something from GEJ.
1. That being in power is not a do or die affair
2. There are other levels of honourable achievements at the global stage beyond residing in Asorock
3. That it is possible not to be vindictive
4. That it is possible to become more popular and celebrated even in loss

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by bonechamberlain(m): 7:06am On Nov 26, 2015
it should be Jonathan asking obj if he had learnt some lessons and not obj asking.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:09am On Nov 26, 2015
WAT lesson
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by peterkul(m): 7:10am On Nov 26, 2015
there is always a meeting point for these Our Politicians
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by edlion57(m): 7:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Obasanjo shld go and ........(sit down or die) he is our problem...
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by collinsVP: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2015
My problem with OBJ is that he does not own up to his own shortcomings.

He is always the Mr. Right.

He had ruled this country more than any other, and yet, one has to rack ones brain to remember any monumental achievement to his credit.

Leadership in Nigeria is appalling.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by eleojo23: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by Isryl02(m): 7:34am On Nov 26, 2015
Fake news with fake source

How would he address Jonathan as President, then OBJ too shud be addressed as President.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by greaterlove(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2015
Who really needs soul searching between Obasanjo and Goodluck? Sorry I forgot, obasanjo has no soul. A man who can sleep with his daughter in law and cursed by his own daughter really has no soul.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by Lanretoye(m): 7:48am On Nov 26, 2015
OP,swear say this news na true.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by OLADD: 8:08am On Nov 26, 2015
Flets:
I think Obj should learn something from GEJ.
1. That being in power is not a do or die affair
2. There are other levels of honourable achievements at the global stage beyond residing in Asorock
3. That it is possible not to be vindictive
4. That it is possible to become more popular and celebrated even in loss

I agree with you in totality. In addition, OBJ should also ruminate on the following;

1. That a sitting President should not allow political assassinations for the purpose of entrenching himself in power. We were witnesses to sudden deaths and disappearance of perceived political enemies during OBJ's days

2. That an elderstateman should eschew writing irresponsible letters misleading the public and stoking emblem of hatred all in a bid to bring down a govt by all means.

3. That no blood of any Nigerian is worth been shed for the ambition of any politician. The case of "baboons been soaked in blood "is still fresh in memory.

OBJ is much older than Jonathan, but he has a lot to learn from his one-time Godson.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: "I Hope You Have Learned Some Lessons" by DaBullIT(m): 8:26am On Nov 26, 2015
Season 3 coming soon

(1) (Reply)

Naira Devaluation Is Not The Solution / Is Seun Osewa A God? / Minister Of Environment Visits Oil Spills Area & Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.