Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu (30115 Views)

Top 7 Young Nigerians Who Are Likely To Become President / Kogi: Bello Sheds Tears During Inaugural Speech / Who Amongst These APC Candidates Should Replace Audu In The Dec 5 Supp Polls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by makzeze: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2015
Alhaji Yahaya Bello, who came second to the late Prince Abubakar Audu in the All Progressives Congress’ [APC] governorship primaries last month, is likely to be nominated as the party’s governorship candidate ahead of the supplementary polls slated for next week, Daily Trust learnt from reliable party sources in Abuja last night.

The Independent National Electoral Commission [INEC] has given APC up to December 1 to nominate a replacement for Audu, who died on Sunday shortly after the election was declared inconclusive.

Even though APC’s national chairman Chief John Odigie-Oyegun said on Tuesday that the party would organize new primaries to pick a replacement for Audu, Daily Trust learnt that party leaders do not intend to hold new primaries and would only make a “substitution.”
Party leaders say this is in line with the letter of the Electoral Act, which says a party would be allowed to make a substitution if its candidate dies.

Alhaji Yahaya Bello, who is Igbirra from Kogi State’s central senatorial zone, had polled 703 votes to finish second to Audu in the primaries.
In addition to that, sources told Daily Trust that Bello was actually preferred by the top party leaders even above Audu, since the latter did not support President Muhammadu Buhari in APC’s presidential primaries last November. Audu was a staunch supporter of former Kano State Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.

According to the informed sources, party leaders are not inclined to allow Audu’s running mate Mr. James Faleke to pick the ticket because he did not contest in the primaries. Another minus against Faleke, the sources said, is that he is essentially a Lagosian of Kogi ancestry who served as chairman of a local government in Lagos State and is currently a legislator representing a constituency in Lagos State.

Besides, the source said Bello comes from Kogi State’s second largest ethnic group which APC leaders believe is more advantageous politically.
The party’s national working committee is expected to meet today to work out modalities for the substitution. In practice, whoever APC nominates has already become the Governor of Kogi State since PDP’s candidate Governor Idris Wada cannot possibly close the gap in the supplementary election, hence the high stakes.

Meanwhile, some of the aspirants that participated in the primary election of the All Progressives Congress (APC), that produced late Prince Abubakar Audu as the candidate yesterday expressed mixed feeling over the decision of the party’s national headquarters to organize new primary election.

This is coming in the wakes of a protest by a group that called for the upgrading of Audu’s deputy gubernatorial candidate, Abiodun James Faleke, to be the APCs candidate for the supplementary election slated for Dec 5.
One of the aspirants, who spoke in confidence, said they would stage a protest today at the APC national headquarters to press home their demands.

“We feel the national headquarters of the party ought to have consulted us before taking a decision. Personally, I feel it was wrong for the party to take a unilateral decision to organize a fresh primary,” he said.
Another aspirant, Dr Hakeem Yakeen, said all interested parties for the Kogi election, including the APC and INEC should have gone to the Supreme Court to decide on the right thing to do.

“I am afraid that we are heading for a situation whereby we would be confronted with lots of litigations at the end of the day. The ideal thing is for the Supreme Court to set precedence,” he said.
Another candidate said he would definitely go to court if fresh election is held.

Twenty seven aspirants contested the APC primary elections in Kogi with late Prince Audu scoring 1,109 votes to emerge victorious.
Other aspirants were Alhaji Yahaya Bello, 703 votes; Senator NurudeenAbatemiUsman (400), Sanusi Abubakar (309), Air Vice Marshal SaliuAtawodi (183), James Ocholi (90), OlusolaOlumoroti (58), Suleiman Baba Ali (28), RotimiObadofin (16), Dr Tim NdaDiche (13) and Abdullahi Suleiman (11), Clarence Olafemi, the former acting governor of Kogi State, (7), Senator YahayaUgbane 8, YakeenAbdullahi 8, Idris Danjuma (5) and Col. Ahmed Usman(6).

The protesters that besieged the national secretariat of the APC had called on the party’s leadership to replace Prince Audu with Falake.
The leader of the protesters, Mr Bamidele Peters, said the decision of the APC to conduct a fresh primary election was not necessary since the late Prince Audu was running on a joint ticket with Mr. Faleke.

Protesting under the aegis of Kogi Youth Vanguard, they claimed that since legal experts in Nigeria had argued in favour of Falake, any decision to choose another person would be injustice on the part of the APC against the Okun people if the deputy, who hails from their tribe, was stopped.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/kogi-bello-likely-to-replace-audu/121373.html#ot5c6ZzBojXgdjAA.99

Alhaji Yahaya Bello

4 Likes

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by meforyou1(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2015
Echocho, an igala man will win

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by sammyj: 10:39am On Nov 26, 2015
Ok ooo. We are waiting !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Demdem(m): 10:50am On Nov 26, 2015
Makes sense.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Psalm18: 10:54am On Nov 26, 2015
It seems the logical thing to do.
He came second in the primaries.
The winner is dead.
Second should replace him, Faleke didn't contest.

22 Likes

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by phrancys001(m): 11:07am On Nov 26, 2015
Bet you the bello guy wouldn't become Governor,it's simple arithmetic bello is from central senatorial and faleke is from west senatorial just wondering those making those impossible permutation have not consider what happens to east senatorial which hold 65% electorate votes ? #fearigalao! Or else another corpse is in the making very soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by AprokoMan: 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
Demdem:
I am bastard son of a rotten kunt from the South West. i have an oblong head and terrible tribal marks on each side of my cheeks.
I also believe that FFK smashed my mom's toto before the coward my father had any chance. my father was not just a coward but an idiot, for allowing my uncles to fvck my sisters.
may thunder fire my parents

who asked the fool? undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by lasisi69(f): 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
Na Koredo Bello.... End time news

5 Likes

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by TimothyNkenu: 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
The fact that APC had someone like Audu as its member shows that this country would just keep going round and round the same circles.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Firefire(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
Too bad... Mr. James Faleke better luck next time undecided

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by costandi(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bello! Bello!! Bello!!!

How many times did I call you?

Look at Audu and tell me what happened to him.

7 Likes

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Seunaj05(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
May we never work for another man to come and reap. Gudluk to Bello, so far it isn't one of the alleged rapist sons of late Audu dat will be given the mandate

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by money121(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
grin
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Vstuffs(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
winkw
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
As long as APC still maintains Kogi, no problem.
Put anybody and carry -Go
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by thefakestan: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Is it Korede Bello?

Endtime
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by VickyRotex(f): 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Fair plus cheesy cheesy

handie:
Seriously, I think this issue should be taken to the supreme court for interpretation. The ideal arrangement which I feel will make everyone happy is James Faleke for governor and Abubakar Audu's Son as deputy( this will placate the igalas and Audu's supporters). Yahaya Bello as governor and James Faleke as deputy will mean shortchanging the igalas. Yahaya Bello as governor and an igala man as deputy will amount to dumping James Faleke after all the campaigns. BTW, can't James Faleke argue that the election was effectively won already by Audu and as d running mate, should be the occupier of d office?(the number of eligible voters is less than the margin with which APC are leading)

You have sense! Correct sense!

Number of accredited voters that morning is less than the 49,000 registered voters cancelled. And APC was already leading. Which automatically makes Late Audu/Faleke the winner of the election.
But INEC is saying they already made the decision, and there's nothing they can do.

handie:
u a kogite ba?

Kwarite!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by handie(m): 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Seriously, I think this issue should be taken to the supreme court for interpretation. The ideal arrangement which I feel will make everyone happy is James Faleke for governor and Abubakar Audu's Son as deputy( this will placate the igalas and Audu's supporters). Yahaya Bello as governor and James Faleke as deputy will mean shortchanging the igalas. Yahaya Bello as governor and an igala man as deputy will amount to dumping James Faleke after all the campaigns. BTW, can't James Faleke argue that the election was effectively won already by Audu and as d running mate, should be the occupier of d office?(the number of eligible voters is less than the margin with which APC are leading)

7 Likes

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
Why not Audu's little bride? Afterall, the Bible says two shall become one? APC must not cheat that little girl oooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Ishopbest: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by handie(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
VickyRotex:
Fair plus cheesy cheesy
u a kogite ba?
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by tunjijones(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
Tot they said he was campaigning for pdp after. He lost in the primaries to Audu
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by slimgold123(f): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by ayusco85(m): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Pls let this bello not try to pull an Abubakar Audu on us o. by dyeing on the day of his election virtory.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by cruzita(f): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
the way I dey see tins dis man no go gree climb dat seat oo.life is sweet
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Jusmudi(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ije-su
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by wengerjay(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wahala
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by tempest01(m): 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
I see a legal battle looming after the elections
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by garethibe: 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Dis one z politics wahala.
Oh Wow! Check Out Massive Front And Back This Sexy Nigerian Babe Is Flaunting
https://www.nairaland.com/2761955/oh-wow-check-out-massive
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by baralatie(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
costandi:
Bello! Bello!! Bello!!!

How many times did I call you?

Look at Audu and tell me what happened to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations / Anambra PDP Primary: Igwe Orizu Blesses Maduka (Pictures) / You Have Destroyed Nigeria - Kukah's 2022 Easter Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.