Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

MY Test Experience.... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / MY Test Experience.... (2565 Views)

Please Help. Can't Login To Take My Test On ICS Ltd's Smarthire Portal / First Bank Graduate Trainee Test Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY Test Experience.... by SSpeter(m): 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
Men! those chasing me from the village finally caught up with me today undecided.....i have sent copious emails with Cv attached to an energy firm on the island finally I got a test invite on Monday the test was scheduled for Thursday (today). The test format was Gmat and I was told to bring a calculator with a form of ID and my credentials....time of test was 10am but they advised I should be there by 9:30.

This morning I woke up earlier than usual dressed up then I took a calculator from my kid brother's bag.....straight to BRT junction. I got to the venue earlier than 9:30 am sat for a long time before a lady called the reception and inquired about me, funny enough I was the only one invited for the test. The receptionist gave me a tag nd directed me to where I could meet the lady.
When the lady saw me she smiled and said "peter you came quite early, do u care for tea"? I said yes, milk blah blah, Yes grin...at 10am sharp I was told the guidelines and all that. It was a computer based test 45 qstns 45 mins you must choose an answer before the next qstn and YOU MUST CHOOSE THE RIGHT ANSWER (if you choose a wrong answer it will scream wrong option "voice prompt"wink. As I logged in the details she gave me a question appeared. First qustn was on population distribution nd pop density, as I punched 7.3 +7.5..............last figure =1.000.....ahhh I look the calculator again, what the fuuu,,,kk... I quickly did it manually just estimated the addition move decimal point with my eyes answered the qstn in 2mins plus got it. The next qstn was trig nd angles I used the calculator this time it was Arabic the calculator displayed. I tried resetting, "shift mode 2nd function blah blah" calculator no gree ooo...sweat full my hand, I used the normal secondary school; sin this =1/root2 + angle blah blah...got it answered it in 5mins....then I realised they followed me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY Test Experience.... by SSpeter(m): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
As I got to the third question it was polygon but a bit complicated, at that point I asked the lady
Peter: excuse me, please can I get a calculator
Lady: oh peter did you prepare for the test?
Peter : Yes I did but my calculator is malfunctioning
Lady : Alright peter I will check if anyone at the lobby could help
Peter: please ma can I pause the time?
Lady : peter are you sure you have written an aptitude test before?
Peter: Nods slowly....i time spent solving the polygon + the brief discussion was more than 5mins. I spent so much time battling the questions until she finally came...
When I saw her with a calculator I had less than 15mins left, I smiled because I can be very fast with computations, but when she gave me the calculator....It was non scientific... undecided...at that point...teardrop started warming up....the room was well lit but it turned cloudy. the last question I saw before my time got exhausted got me mopping cause it was bearing nd I needed the sine rule with no calculator...I didn't even bother...end of test....

1 Like

Re: MY Test Experience.... by phyllosilicate(m): 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
Chai I can understand how painful it would be.

And you were the only one invited for the test- you were already one leg in.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
SSpeter:
Men! those chasing me from the village finally caught up with me today undecided.....i have sent copious emails with Cv attached to an energy firm on the island finally I got a test invite on Monday the test was scheduled for Thursday (today). The test format was Gmat and I was told to bring a calculator with a form of ID and my credentials....time of test was 10am but they advised I should be there by 9:30.

This morning I woke up earlier than usual dressed up then I took a calculator from my kid brother's bag.....straight to BRT junction. I got to the venue earlier than 9:30 am sat for a long time before a lady called the reception and inquired about me, funny enough I was the only one invited for the test. The receptionist gave me a tag nd directed me to where I could meet the lady.
When the lady saw me she smiled and said "peter you came quite early, do u care for tea"? I said yes, milk blah blah, Yes grin...at 10am sharp I was told the guidelines and all that. It was a computer based test 45 qstns 45 mins you must choose an answer before the next qstn and YOU MUST CHOOSE THE RIGHT ANSWER (if you choose a wrong answer it will scream wrong option "voice prompt"wink. As I logged in the details she gave me a question appeared. First qustn was on population distribution nd pop density, as I punched 7.3 +7.5..............last figure =1.000.....ahhh I look the calculator again, what the fuuu,,,kk... I quickly did it manually just estimated the addition move decimal point with my eyes answered the qstn in 2mins plus got it. The next qstn was trig nd angles I used the calculator this time it was Arabic the calculator displayed. I tried resetting, "shift mode 2nd function blah blah" calculator no gree ooo...sweat full my hand, I used the normal secondary school; sin this =1/root2 + angle blah blah...got it answered it in 5mins....then I realised they followed me...

LOOOOOOOL.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
SSpeter:
As I got to the third question it was polygon but a bit complicated, at that point I asked the lady
Peter: Nods slowly....i time spent solving the polygon + the brief discussion was more than 5mins. I spent so much time battling the questions until she finally came...
When I saw her with a calculator I had less than 15mins left, I smiled because I can be very fast with computations, but when she gave me the calculator....It was non scientific... undecided...at that point...teardrop started warming up....the room was well lit but it turned cloudy. the last question I saw before my time got exhausted got me mopping cause it was bearing nd I needed the sine rule with no calculator...I didn't even bother...end of test....

Lol

A grown ass man's plight

Sorry bro.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Aseneshii: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
Am suprise that you can go to an important test like that without testing your calculator, maybe you didn't study math related course in the University. As for me I check every calculator accuracy before any exam. Because even a new calculator can malfunction at times.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by SSpeter(m): 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
jinwaz:

Lol

A grown ass man's plight

Sorry bro.
I had to sip 2 bottles of orijin before I could think straight....
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Pls which company?
Re: MY Test Experience.... by SSpeter(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
Aseneshii:
Am suprise that you can go to an important test like that without testing your calculator, maybe you didn't study math related course in the University. As for me I check every calculator accuracy before any exam. Because even a new calculator can malfunction at times.
my fault though....but I like practising without calculator so I didn't even bother checking...but pray not to have a bad experience cos I am always well organised but sometimes....shit happens
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
SSpeter:

u lucky say u fit use calculator n na cbt......e get 1 test I do 90 questions for 35 mins, I weak......but them follow u true true for village, but u suppose Don use calculator for d pc na
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
SSpeter:
I had to sip 2 bottles of orijin before I could think straight....

LOL.

Oshey! Na the way o.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
btw wat is d name of d coy make I go apply
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Dahveydson(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
grin grin grin

Sorry about it bro. Better luck next time.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Dahveydson(m): 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
Gunbiz:
btw wat is d name of d coy make I go apply

Guy u bad!!
Re: MY Test Experience.... by SSpeter(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Gunbiz:

u lucky say u fit use calculator n na cbt......e get 1 test I do 90 questions for 35 mins, I weak......but them follow u true true for village, but u suppose Don use calculator for d pc na
I needed a scientific calculator...that of the PC would not salvage the problem....
Re: MY Test Experience.... by SSpeter(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Mods abi na moderators make una no carry this topic go front page ooooo.....I know say una they like "Bad News"...........#NOfrontpage....Mods Beware....seriously ooo
Re: MY Test Experience.... by SSpeter(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
jinwaz:

LOL.

Oshey! Na the way o.
Guy if you put mind too much na HBP....i just go relax my self....
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
Flash me when this enters fp
Re: MY Test Experience.... by sevantex(m): 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Loool. Now this is hilarious. Bros op, sori about the calculator malfunction, u shulda checked before leaving ur house. Learn frm the experience. At least ur turn dn pass for the winches roaster. grin
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lolol@They witches in your village.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Ultimus: 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hahaha. This is why I love nairaland. When you're having a bad day and beating yourself up, just come on here and you see an experience that's worse than yours and it will make you smile. Sorry about your experience bro, keep up the struggle, it'll pay one day.

1 Like

Re: MY Test Experience.... by palladin: 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Having fun after a bad day are we?
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
SSpeter:
I needed a scientific calculator...that of the PC would not salvage the problem....

the calculator fit do scientific calculations na
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Erums(m): 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
hahahahahaha.....God not happy abt this, but just garra laff
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Dfinex(f): 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Op, sorry about the mess. Could be very frustrating after all the rivers, streams, forests, valleys, Hills, etc that you might have crossed. I feel your pain, just go easy on your self ok?
Wish you better luck and favor next time, should in case any miracle didn't happen this time.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by janga02(m): 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Sowi bro, better luck next time nd alwayz rmb God in whatever u ar doing...
Re: MY Test Experience.... by jgbemson1: 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
all is well. i feel ur pain bro
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Kayoski(m): 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
ok
Re: MY Test Experience.... by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2015
Sorry bro, that was really an opportunity but in case of next time when your calculator fails and you have limited time, try guessing to get the right answer. Even if the options are five, it would not take you up to a minute to guess through the five options until you pick the correct one. But I pray you still get considered. Success to you!
Re: MY Test Experience.... by budymore18: 9:03am On Nov 27, 2015
Have faith bro, though you might have made a lot of mistakes but trust God that he is capable of righting the mistake you made.
Re: MY Test Experience.... by mandonnels(m): 10:42am On Nov 27, 2015
OP keep calm. better days ahead

(1) (Reply)

Contract Staff Remuneration / Submission Of Cv Still In Progress In Our Company / Ongoing Recruitment At Guinness Nigeria Plc, Janury 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.