Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) (59386 Views)

Osinbajo, Masari, Ahmed Lawan Visit Bola Tinubu In Lagos (Pics) / PDP Governors Visit Goodluck Jonathan At His Otuoke Residence ...photos / American Lawmakers Visit Bola Tinubu In His Lekki Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
it is good to see the evidence of lies in full glare of the sun.. needless to say it will not help the blind and hopelessly ignorant see the truth no matter which light is shone on it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by myjobsfinder(m): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
so?
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by DIVINE78: 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wailers come and see o.
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by maigida511(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
Jagaban of Africa!!
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by solpat(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
Endtime visit. Tinubu be careful with these men especially Tambuwal grin
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
So? undecided
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Chubhie: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Jagaban without you there would be no PMB hence no Chanji.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Lytech(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
They dont wanna die just as AUdu....haaa haaaaa....
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by siegfried99(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Listening to Ycee ft olamide JAGABAN

grin cheesy
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by happney65: 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ciscogod:
The strongest political/technocrat in Nigeria.

I begin to like Tinubu. That was 2007 when he was campaigning for kayode fayemi. Then we saw Fayemi as our savior.

Tinubu pass through late Fajuyi house. He saw how decapitated the building was. He brought the building down and built a modern building. He now Butress his action by saying, Fajuyi was a military gov of western Nigeria. He shouldn't die and his name should also dies. He also extend hand of partnership to his family.

That only paved way for him.

And how has that action of he's Made Nigeria Great?Henn

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Smartixy(m): 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by miqos02(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
[i][/i]
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by gretblue: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
chuna1985:

""The strongest political/technocrat in Nigeria""

U mean d man buhari side tracked n gave 80 percent of the appointments to northerners
after Yorubas voted him into power?? grin
Are you referring to the lone slayer of your Hero.The one that made your Hero to visit Lagos 12 times within a month

9 Likes

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by domopps(m): 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
temitemi1:
Bunch of theives calling themselves 'progressives' grin grin

This can only come from you!

Cheeeeers

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by anonimi: 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
Is he sick again ni abi the Awolowos banned him from the burial since he ABUSED them thoroughly in 2011

Babasessy:

Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article)

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosunmu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coattail. Political families are good for democracies. They can exemplify the high ideals of diligence, dignity, ideas, character. We have seen these in such families as the Kennedys, the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Ghandis. They just don’t claim family. They appeal to the high ideals that endeared the families to their societies.

It’s also an irony that these families are falling into twilight. Some of them have vanished. Enoch Powell, a British MP, once gave us the famous line: “All political lives, unless they are cut off midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure because that is the nature of politics and human affairs.”

Columnist Ambassador Dapo Fafowora adverted to this idea in a recent outing, and I debated it with him afterwards. I don’t believe that a political life should be judged by how it ends but what it means. The quote is often missed by many who mistake “careers” for “lives.” A political life should be judged by its legacies. If we judged Awo by how he ended, we would look at him only as the loser to Shagari. That is why I see an intrinsic mischief in Enoch’s quote. But I would agree that political families end also in failure if you judge how they peter out and not the legacy.

Awo’s legacy is alive and well. Members of other families in flesh and blood can carry on. Immediate families tend to suffer from what an author, Noemie Emery, describes as dynastic curse. The children tend to be intimidated by the standards set by the fathers. So they just don’t want to try. They feel they cannot match them or come even close.  The problem probably comes from the fathers themselves. The Adams, who produced important presidents, later gave birth to moral vagrants and drunks. The Bush daughters showed themselves as party girls when their father was contesting the political battle of his life.

But Joe Kennedy groomed his sons assiduously, and they excelled in politics. They also had a fair share of tragedies. Ted Kennedy regained his sobriety and voice in America after a season of debauchery. In Nigeria, we are seeing the Sarakis fade. A Saraki – Bukola - is wiping out the Sarakis from politics. It is a classic case of oedipal tragedy, something I predicted earlier this year on this page.

It is not late though for the flesh-and-blood Awolowos to join their father’s fold. But they must be genuine. Awo was the most important Yoruba personage in history after Oduduwa. They had stellar men like Oranmiyan, Balogun Latosa, Lisabi, Sodeke, et al. None of them had the unifying vision and organisational acumen that Awolowo gave the race. The wife, children and grandchildren should not watch others glow in his jewel without them.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by slimgold123(f): 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
ok
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Ciscogod(m): 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
happney65:

And how has that action of he's Made Nigeria Great?Henn

I personalized it na. I stated why I liked him.

I call him great politicain cos most of his boys are ministers today. Some are govs. Some in upper chamber . Some with juicy appointment in abj.

He has been in opposition since 1999. He survived it. Hes now a king maker. He made sure buhari wins APC ticket against Atiku. He also nominated the vice-president.

4 Likes

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by medar(m): 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
Thunderlicious:
It is only in this our zoo (according to Biafra) that you'll see OLD men in power.
old men controls the politics of every country of this world till today. You can quote me anywhere.
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by gretblue: 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
chuna1985:

""The strongest political/technocrat in Nigeria""

U mean d man buhari side tracked n gave 80 percent of the appointments to northerners after Yorubas voted him into power?? grin
Have forgotten he's the lone slayer of your hero.Have you forgotten how he made your Hero ,Gej to have sleepless nights by turning Lagos and visiting Lagos more than 12 times in a month with a bid of winning election in Lagos state.

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by anonimi: 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
gretblue:
Have forgotten he's the lone slayer of your hero.Have you forgotten how he made your Hero ,Gej to have sleepless nights by turning Lagos and visiting Lagos more than 12 times in a month with a bid of winning election in Lagos state.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026900_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by gretblue: 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
Day dreamer
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by anonimi: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
gretblue:

The JagbaJantis of Bourdillon is nothing but a political harlot offering himself to the highest bidder and delivering through his network of touts, agberos and area boys as he did for Jonathan in 2011 after throwing the ACN presidential candidate, Ribadu to the dogs. shocked

Some here may not understand the import of these results. It shows that after the collapse of ACN/CPC talks, Jonathan was able to secure a guarantee from Tinubu and the other ACN leaders to soft pedal in the South West for him to have a foothold in the region, hence the bright showing of PDP in the West. On the other hand, Ribadu and Shekarau agreed to support one of their own - Buhari, hence the resurgence of CPC all over the Northern States.

These things could not be announced openly due to the closeness of the agreement to the election date, but the messages were relayed to party leaders at ward levels and also to party agents, hence the incident of ACN agents voting for PDP.

The fact that this election throws up is that South - South coalition can defeat the Northern oligarchy in free and fair elections - that is, if Jonathan wins. The great sage, Awo foresaw this possibility in his lifetime which explains his oft recourse to selecting Igbo Vice Presidential candidates, but the propaganda machines of the oligarchy prevented a south-south coalition to see the light of the day. Today, Awo is being vindicated, the south can actually win the presidency of Nigeria without bowing to the shenanigans of the oligarchy.

From: http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/62115-presidential-polls-d-day-jonathan-buhari-ribadu-shekarau-4.html#post537875

[img]http://img.thenigerianvoice.com/story.aspx?img=XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XGNoeDNibm0wOHRfYWNuX3V5b184ODM4MDY5NTMucG5nfDY3MHwzNzB8Ny8xMS8yMDE1[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/425719_ribadu_zqtdvynf_jpg592b94a72a9832719b34a32f802b6498
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Elosky20: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
man self
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Godsonkemz(m): 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
The principalities season 2015
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by orish(f): 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
How has their visit reduced the rate of dollar to naira or Paid Oghenetobore's school fees?

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by canalily(m): 9:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
Na them be this? See as the pregnant ones use garri sack cover their body say na clothgringrin

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
anonimi:
Is he sick again ni abi the Awolowos banned him from the burial since he ABUSED them thoroughly in 2011

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by ipreach: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
How does it concern me
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by anonimi: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ciscogod:
Tinubu pass through late Fajuyi house. He saw how decapitated the building was. He brought the building down and built a modern building. He now Butress his action by saying, Fajuyi was a military gov of western Nigeria. He shouldn't die and his name should also dies.

The above action simply shows how UNCULTURED your Tinubu idol is.
The OLD building is part of Fajuyi LEGACY. If anyone wanted to do anything meaningful it would be to RESTORE the house to the exact state it was when Fajuyi was alive and organise TOURS for school children as part of practical HISTORY lessons, making the house a MINI museum for other (paying?) visitors. That way our SENSE of history, legacy and Fajuyi's contribution thereto is REINFORCED for posterity.

In short, your Tinubu made sure (un)wittingly that Fajuyi's name DIED further by that singular act while his own JagbaJantis name increased in prominence.
Get it

If you don't get it, please reflect on the historical, curiosity VALUE and attraction of the car & palace below.
Cheers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3119221_article23815101b113fe1000005dc641964x721_jpeg0703f6a731153c846a83d170f5a848a5

Below are more pictures to enable you better UNDERSTAND the point I am making.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3117109_img20141019141458_jpeg47a6c38bae1eeecb91dd1153487bf3aa

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3117120_img20141019141943_jpega6600fd8c131bcc084d8676d589446af

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by gretblue: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
Your hero knows better about Tinubu

Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Ryda(m): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Iyi atata 1 Of YorubaLand!

Long May You Live Sir!!!

Why is jonah acting in a confused manner
Re: APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) by Kingbusssy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
Jagaban of Nigeria. go on soun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Rose Oko Is Dead / "Buhari To Now Work From Home" - Lai Mohammed / Photos Of Captured Boko Haram Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.