Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Dear Seun, Isn't It About Time We Had An Economy Section? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dear Seun, Isn't It About Time We Had An Economy Section? (678 Views)

Dear Seun / Dear Seun, Is It Mrs Nairaland Or Miss Nairaland(screenshots) / He Said I'm Nerdy,isn't It An Insult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Seun, Isn't It About Time We Had An Economy Section? by kavey10(m): 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Good day,

I've been a member of this awesome site for some years now and I know how important it is to an average internet savvy individual in Nigeria. The Nigerian websphere was at a standstill during the data loss saga (terrible loss, terrible period).

This is the go-to site of Nigerians, home and abroad. It beats my imagination that up till now that Nairaland does not have an Economy section where economic policies and decisions are discussed and debated on.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this suggestion, I'll like to get the support of the Nairaland family on this too. Oops! Got to go now before this turns to an epistle.

Thank You.
Re: Dear Seun, Isn't It About Time We Had An Economy Section? by kavey10(m): 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Dear Seun, Isn't It About Time We Had An Economy Section? by Favolly(f): 12:00am On Nov 27, 2015
Nice Suggestion

Although I guess the Business section is supposed to cover all matters relating to entrepreneurship and the economy.

The latest economic policy by the Monetary Policy Committee was posted there 2 days ago, and at least to a good extent, there was some banter and discussion on the intent of the policy, what the implications would be going forward, and interested persons were able to gain clarity on some of the issues raised.

However, I don't think having an Economy section wholly dedicated to the discussion or debate of economic policies and decisions would be a bad idea though. Except that it may be scanty, due to lack of content because in the end, these decisions aren't made everyday
Re: Dear Seun, Isn't It About Time We Had An Economy Section? by kavey10(m): 7:51am On Nov 27, 2015
Favolly:
Nice Suggestion
Although I guess the Business section is supposed to cover all matters relating to entrepreneurship and the economy.
The latest economic policy by the Monetary Policy Committee was posted there 2 days ago, and at least to a good extent, there was some banter and discussion on the intent of the policy, what the implications would be going forward, and interested persons were able to gain clarity on some of the issues raised.
However, I don't think having an Economy section wholly dedicated to the discussion or debate of economic policies and decisions would be a bad idea though. Except that it may be scanty, due to lack of content because in the end, these decisions aren't made everyday

Thanks for the contribution Favolly,

Well, I don't believe the section will have low traffic in whatever way. This is the economy of Nigeria we are talking about here!

Well, I have been to the Business section and I couldn't pick much from there. So many sports betting and whatnot going on there. You'd have to dig through to get economic news update there. The monetary policy committee news was just a one off to me.

To me, saying Economy section should be part of the Business section is like saying Fashion section to merge with Culture section. That is soo off the mark.

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Not Lie In This Situation? / Yorubas And Nupe People Clash During Tribal Unrest In Kwara State / New Year Resolution ( Must Read )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.