Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Biafra! Do You Know? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra! Do You Know? (4117 Views)

Do Not Insult Enemies Of Biafra, Do Not Be Rude To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / What Will Biafra Do Diffrently: The Leadersip Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra! Do You Know? by eluquenson(m): 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2015
I think it is high time I propounded my opinion about this Biafra dementia that has been unfurling all across the nation by some group of Igbo people. I will express my views no matter whose ox is gored.
I would have been a Biafran if the war had succeeded. My father was in the army during the war and I have read and heard, and seen evidences of the atrocities committed against the Southerners just before the Civil War in what is now called "Igbo Pogroms". My father told me everything that happened.

But what I still do not understand is why Igbos still went back to the same North after the War. Some of them still live there even after all the atrocities that are regularly committed against them! Why can they not live in the East and develop it? I just do not get it.
Two possible answers -
(1) 'hubris' or the belief that you are so special and above all others that you will soon pull the wool over their eyes and have one on them (obviously not working on the Hausa north)
(2) as I said earlier, a masochistic streak that wants to be hit again and again by the same person.
So somewhere in your pithy little brains you think the answer to all of your home-made problems is the creation of Biafra and the installation of 1 man so long as he originates from what you call Igbo nation. You know I would have even given your postulation a 5 second thought if not that I remember that all Igbo states are led by an Igbo governor and all their cabinet would also typically be all Igbo; yet not one Igbo state now or in the past has been any more distinguished than any other state in Nigeria.

Let me tell you a little more you need to know about OJUKWU, BIAFRA and the WAR. It may interest you to know the history, origin and events that sprung up that declaration "Republic of Biafra. This was not because of the love Ojukwu had for the igbo people, rather than his love for power and embitterment that power eluded him. Ojukwu wasted so many promising and prominent young Nigerians. These Youths were brainwashed by Ojukwu just what Nnamdi is doing. Immediate causes of the war included a military coup, a counter-coup, and persecution of Igbo living in Northern Nigeria. Control over oil production in the Niger Delta played a vital strategic role.
It may also interest you to know that the first Nigerian coup d’etat that resulted in the assassination of 11 senior Nigerian politicians and two soldiers as well as kidnapping three others was led by Kaduna Nzeogwu (an igbo) and General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi (another igbo)then used the coup as a pretext to annex power, ending Nigeria's nascent democracy. Then along came a counter coup led by Lt. Col. Murtala Mohammed which resulted to murder of Gen Aguiyi Ironsi as a reaction to the killings of Northern politicians and Officers by mostly Igbo soldiers

Ojukwu felt Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe was the highest in the hierarchy of power and should be made head of state. But when the coup plotters insisted and made Gowon the head of state, Ojukwu got pissed and this led to the civil war. Brigadier Ogundipe opted out peacefully, but pride did not allow Ojukwu to let go. Apart from the Aburi Accord in Ghana, there were a lot of other accords to settle issues amicably, but Ojukwu was bent on ruling his own oil rich country “Baifra”.
There was nothing like the "REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA " it's an illusion. That assertion was made on 30th may 1967, and was just for a selfish purpose (leadership ) Why did you think Ojukwu fought?, Who was he fighting for. Now another self-centered Nnamdi Kanu wants to take advantage of your sentiments . Ojukwu fought because he could not allow Gowon who was in the same rank as he was be head of state. Taking advantage of his father's wealth, he arrogated himself to a god of war without minding how many lives he would destroy.

Did you think Biafrans rebels combated openly with the Nigerian army? Apart from some cheap ambushes like the Abagana, where could they have confronted the Nigerian armies. Biafrans dealt with Biafrans. The rebels captured Igbo cities and tormented innocent lives. Raping young women and forcefully taking wives from their husbands. Recruiting boys between the ages of 13-15 and above into their army. Killed any person suspected of sabotage. The saboteurs were worn the Nigerian army uniform, killed and termed Nigerian soldiers. Igbos suffered, but Nigerian armies rescued the captured cities one after the other, until all was rescued.

Benin City was captured by the Biafran soldiers alongside Auchi, Agenebode, Okene, Asaba, Agbor , Iloshi and Atani while indiscriminately shooting and killing armless civilians in the process. Unbeknownst to General Banjo (the leader of this mobilization who was a Yoruba) a unit of Biafran soldiers under Lt. Col. Oechi attacked the government residence of Mid-Western Region governor David Ejoor at the behest of President Odumegwu Ojukwu to capture Ejoor dead or alive. Not wanting to appoint an Igbo over non-Igbo citizens General Banjo suggested that either David Ejoor, Sam Ogbemudia, or Col. Trimnell be made governor but Ojukwu refused and ultimately placed the Igbo medical-officer Albert Okonkwo governor.
Ojukwu would finally execute Vitor Banju, Emmanuel Ifeanjuna (The first black African to ever win an international gold medal) and one Alale following a plot to agree a ceasefire with Nigeria. Let me try to make it short. I think some of these so called pro-Biafrans should know that the only solution is to try to accept a modus vivendi and let’s live in peace and unity, and stop living in cloud cuckoo land with the stupendous misbegotten idea of Biafra. Nnamdi Kanu is an illiterate who sat in some classrooms, but it did not have any positive impact on him, and he has succeeded in brainwashing some gullible and incredulous igbo group to joining his selfish cause.
Now he has been lionized, praised, reverend and worshiped. That is exactly what he wants. Can anyone remember the names the igbos who have died for this Nnamdi madness? No! Only Nnamdi Kanu is the cynosure.

The truth is that Biafra was an Ojukwu Scam

Source

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by Demolinhoooo(m): 12:15am On Nov 28, 2015
For those that have brains let them reason.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by wtfCode: 1:53am On Nov 28, 2015
op, stop being a coward and go to bed

4 Likes

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by IamAtribalist: 2:08am On Nov 28, 2015
coolOp Great post. I posted a similar rehash of Biafran history awhile back and these Igbos called me Yoruba lol grin grin grin grin grin grin The truth can be bitter sometimes grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by Standing5(m): 2:16am On Nov 28, 2015
The fact that eastern states have least no of people trouping into them for livelihood means they have the least of external influnce in their affairs. Anything that can't be achieve now will hardly materialize in Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by Ayt27(m): 6:16am On Nov 28, 2015
Wetin the poster above me dey viva biafra for.

Biafra never was, at most it had it's 15mins of fame, so what's next you guys will march and protest from Biafra to Abuja abi? Una go waka tire

Will you take guns and start shooting sporadically because you want secession? Will you stop going to work, close oil fields and join protest? A brilliant yoruba chap will replace you and those who need to be bribed to open oil fields will be.

You might decide to go to war which you don't know the implications of, remember how the last war turned out and how your so called leader fled in exile.

Continue protesting, when Dec 25th comes and you see your mates from the west come home and spend on their family in the Christmas spirit , you go know say garri don pass your pure water.

Viva biafra ko,
Vava biafra ni...

1 Like

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by ROYALD(m): 6:19am On Nov 28, 2015
I rebuke those Igbo politicians and their Yoruba counterpart who choose fear over compassion. Long live republic of Biafra

4 Likes

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by cheruv: 6:26am On Nov 28, 2015
TheEclectic:
Another yoruba idiat claiming Igbo. Ewu Gambia!

Those pictures you guys display all over the Internet just to dash the spirit of igbo youth does not, will not, and can never work. Instead it strengthens them and makes them hungry for freedom.
That's what the fools don't know cheesy
Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 28, 2015
The FEAR in them is REAL.. on sensing that the Biafra struggle is not that tit play they taught it was,,, they now resorted to begging using scare tactics. E go do them like movie.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by MrEverest(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2015
Another trash full of lies, half truths & propaganda meant to deceive people. I was tempted to ignore U but for D sake of D gullible ones that may believe U. 1. Ojukwu did not unilaterally declare Biafra rather after tens of thousands of Igbos & other Easterners were killed in D North by D army & state sponsored militia, majority of Easterners called for Seccession. 2. Ojukwu rightly demanded that Ogundipe(a yoruba man) being D most senior army officer after D assassination Ironsi be made head of state but northerners refused & D coward chickened out. How does Ojukwu's demand of justice mean he is power hungry even when Ogundipe Is A Yoruba man?? 3. Igbos were indigenes of mid western state & Osadebe An Igboman once ruled there so what do U mean by Banjo wanting to instal an indigene against Ojukwu's prefarence of an Igbo? 4. Ojukwu is a brave man that chalenged D north's control of Nigeria even when others were afraid. Go & Read Ahmadu Bello's speaches & tell me if Nigeria Was ever a nation. Shame On You!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by shepherd77: 7:33am On Nov 28, 2015
I smell war on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 28, 2015
eluquenson:
I think it is high time I propounded my opinion about this Biafra dementia that has been unfurling all across the nation by some group of Igbo people. I will express my views no matter whose ox is gored.
I would have been a Biafran if the war had succeeded. My father was in the army during the war and I have read and heard, and seen evidences of the atrocities committed against the Southerners just before the Civil War in what is now called "Igbo Pogroms". My father told me everything that happened.
But what I still do not understand is why Igbos still went back to the same North after the War. Some of them still live there even after all the atrocities that are regularly committed against them! Why can they not live in the East and develop it? I just do not get it.
Two possible answers -
(1) 'hubris' or the belief that you are so special and above all others that you will soon pull the wool over their eyes and have one on them (obviously not working on the Hausa north)
(2) as I said earlier, a masochistic streak that wants to be hit again and again by the same person.
So somewhere in your pithy little brains you think the answer to all of your home-made problems is the creation of Biafra and the installation of 1 man so long as he originates from what you call Igbo nation. You know I would have even given your postulation a 5 second thought if not that I remember that all Igbo states are led by an Igbo governor and all their cabinet would also typically be all Igbo; yet not one Igbo state now or in the past has been any more distinguished than any other state in Nigeria.
Let me tell you a little more you need to know about OJUKWU, BIAFRA and the WAR. It may interest you to know the history, origin and events that sprung up that declaration "Republic of Biafra. This was not because of the love Ojukwu had for the igbo people, rather than his love for power and embitterment that power eluded him. Ojukwu wasted so many promising and prominent young Nigerians. These Youths were brainwashed by Ojukwu just what Nnamdi is doing. Immediate causes of the war included a military coup, a counter-coup, and persecution of Igbo living in Northern Nigeria. Control over oil production in the Niger Delta played a vital strategic role.
Ojukwu felt Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe was the highest in the hierarchy of power and should be made head of state. But when the coup plotters insisted and made Gowon the head of state, Ojukwu got pissed and this led to the civil war. Brigadier Ogundipe opted out peacefully, but pride did not allow Ojukwu to let go. Apart from the Aburi Accord in Ghana, there were a lot of other accords to settle issues amicably, but Ojukwu was bent on ruling his own oil rich country “Baifra”.
There was nothing like the "REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA " it's an illusion. That assertion was made on 30th may 1967, and was just for a selfish purpose (leadership ) Why did you think Ojukwu fought?, Who was he fighting for. Now another self-centered Nnamdi Kanu wants to take advantage of your sentiments . Ojukwu fought because he could not allow Gowon who was in the same rank as he was be head of state. Taking advantage of his father's wealth, he arrogated himself to a god of war without minding how many lives he would destroy.
Did you think Biafrans rebels combated openly with the Nigerian army? Apart from some cheap ambushes like the Abagana, where could they have confronted the Nigerian armies. Biafrans dealt with Biafrans. The rebels captured Igbo cities and tormented innocent lives. Raping young women and forcefully taking wives from their husbands. Recruiting boys between the ages of 13-15 and above into their army. Killed any person suspected of sabotage. The saboteurs were worn the Nigerian army uniform, killed and termed Nigerian soldiers. Igbos suffered, but Nigerian armies rescued the captured cities one after the other, until all was rescued.
Benin City was captured by the Biafran soldiers alongside Auchi, Agenebode, Okene, Asaba, Agbor , Iloshi and Atani while indiscriminately shooting and killing armless civilians in the process. Unbeknownst to General Banjo (the leader of this mobilization who was a Yoruba) a unit of Biafran soldiers under Lt. Col. Oechi attacked the government residence of Mid-Western Region governor David Ejoor at the behest of President Odumegwu Ojukwu to capture Ejoor dead or alive. Not wanting to appoint an Igbo over non-Igbo citizens General Banjo suggested that either David Ejoor, Sam Ogbemudia, or Col. Trimnell be made governor but Ojukwu refused and ultimately placed the Igbo medical-officer Albert Okonkwo governor.
Ojukwu would finally execute Vitor Banju, Emmanuel Ifeanjuna (The first black African to ever win an international gold medal) and one Alale following a plot to agree a ceasefire with Nigeria. Let me try to make it short. I think some of these so called pro-Biafrans should know that the only solution is to try to accept a modus vivendi and let’s live in peace and unity, and stop living in cloud cuckoo land with the stupendous misbegotten idea of Biafra. Nnamdi Kanu is an illiterate who sat in some classrooms, but it did not have any positive impact on him, and he has succeeded in brainwashing some gullible and incredulous igbo group to joining his selfish cause.
Now he has been lionized, praised, reverend and worshiped. That is exactly what he wants. Can anyone remember the names the igbos who have died for this Nnamdi madness? No! Only Nnamdi Kanu is the cynosure.
Source

op u are a deluded fellow, brainwashed by the Yoruba's and Hausa's, go and read your history books about biafra before spewing thrash....get a brain!!!

1 Like

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by eluquenson(m): 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
mbv90:

op u are a deluded fellow, brainwashed by the Yoruba's and Hausa's, go and read your history books about biafra before spewing thrash....get a brain!!!
My fellow Nigerian, embrace peace and unity, all those pictures above are real, it's from your region and am sure your father or mother would have told you the hell they faced. Am sure you can't withstand an AK47 riffle.

1 Like

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by Horus(m): 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1uve-2aBg

[size=15pt]To Biafra & Afenifere Agitators: Only Election Losers Are Clamoring for Secession -Joe Igbokwe[/size]

In a comment during the press conference by The Igbo Conscience (TIC) about the agitation for State of Biafra, Joe Igbokwe said only those who lost an election have always clamored for secession in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by Respect55(m): 10:19am On May 30, 2017
What are u even saying
Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by kudsweet(f): 2:06pm On May 30, 2017
The gospel truth has been said, it is now left for those who has brain to use wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by eluquenson(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
Biafra men building up their Army gradually grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJnIP5I22HM

1 Like

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by PFRB: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
Demolinhoooo:
For those that have brains let them reason.

I am glad there are people here who have told you how stupid you are.
Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by obiech(m): 2:48am On Aug 16, 2017
eluquenson:

Two possible answers -

Source

Through out today I have never been more annoyed than now.........
Wtf is this you just wrote...........I'm not an ipob fan but wtf is this

That the main cause of the war was because of ojukwu was power hungry and what about the pogrom.

U don't even know anything about the aburi accord.....infact you don't even no nothing about anything self
See this nonsense you jx wrote filled with half half news.

Sha for the records during the aburi accord ojukwu agree that he would allow Gowon rule him if what was discussed then was implemented..... Where de ever implemented or is it not disame thing we are fighting for now.

I can swear self that you are not even Igbo

1 Like

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 16, 2017
shepherd77:
I smell war on this thread.

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by kudsweet(f): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2017
Why can't the BSS face the Nigeria Army and dance together, they are simply cowards

Do Nnamdi want these set of old poo to face the Nigeria Army?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by uzo200(m): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by geraldmezi(m): 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sooner or later.... BIAFRA gonna come
Re: Biafra! Do You Know? by eluquenson(m): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
LASH BACK ON THE DEATH OF TAFA BALEWA:

Now you can kill your Prime Minister and the Ndigbos will NEVER rule Nigeria". Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1966).

They arrested him, abducted him and took him to a number of places in Lagos befor finally taking him to the bush. Once there they tortured him, beat him and humiliated him. They even forced him to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes - things that he had never done before in his life because he was a good muslim.

When they finished having their way with him and having their fun, he gently asked them for permission to pray which they mockingly granted. After he finished praying he said "Igbos, Igbos, Igbos" and made the following pronouncements on them, in very strong terms. He said, the Ndigbos would never rule Nigeria, they would be scattered, they would be hated, they would suffer tragedy after tragedy and they would suffer scorn and disdain from their compatriots forever.

Prime Minister, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa looked at them (Igbos) courageously in the eye and said " now you can kill your Prime Minister. "
It was under these unfortunate circumstances that Sir Tafawa Balewa, Nigeria's first Prime Minister, died in the hands of a group of very young and ruthless Igbo Army mutineers led by Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna and Captain Okafor in Lagos on the night of Jan 15th 1966 ".

- ( John B. Macintosh).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gender-Based Violence: Monica Ugwuanyi Urges Victims To Speak Out / Nigeria Offers Farmland To Gulf Investors At $10,000 Per Hectare? / Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.