Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari (1250 Views)

Corruption: Buhari Has Letters Implicating Jonathan - PMB Biographer, John Paden / Corruption: Buhari Raises Prosecution Panel, Names Members / Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by hoseamatoh(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has once again reiterated his desire to wipe out corruption and has assured that the problems being encountered in the tertiary education sub-sector as regards the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) will soon be addressed.

He gave the assurance during the 27th convocation ceremony of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Ondo State.

The President said his attention was drawn to the resultant discomfort the implementation of TSA has caused in the academic and administrative activities in tertiary institutions in the country.

Speaking through the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof Julius Okogie, he explained that the TSA policy was introduced in order to enthrone financial discipline and curb corruption in the country.

The TSA was “introduced for a good cause and the issues involved in its implementation as it affects tertiary institutions are being addressed.”

The President reiterated the ‘zero-tolerance for corruption’ by his administration, saying he was determined to lead by example.

“We shall obey our laws and shall be transparent, accountable, just, fair and demonstrate integrity in all our undertakings. The leadership of this university should therefore, continue to be prudent, transparent and accountable in the management of both human and materials resources.

“Government is determined to fight corruption at all levels including corruption in academics in our tertiary institutions. We cannot speak of effective and efficient funding of the education sector if our universities are mired in crises, confusion, fraud and lack of institutional vision.

“I must at this point call on universities to be at the vanguard of the fight against corruption and eroded ethics, which constitute a major component of our societal ills. We must all endeavour as citizens and members of the academic community to enthrone the spirit of hardwork, honesty and inspirational leadership which are the hallmark of any citadel of learning.”

The President said the need for the diversification of the economy is ripe now considering the dwindling fortune of oil in the international market and charged universities to join hands with Federal Government in the onerous task.

The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof Adebiyi Daramola in his address said 4,435 students graduated with various degrees from the university with 28 of them having first class.
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by chocolateme(f): 8:02am On Nov 28, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by madridguy(m): 8:03am On Nov 28, 2015
Okay
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Paschal001: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2015
It's as if chocolateme is working sedulously in overthrowing Ladyf from FTC
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by bugzbunny: 8:10am On Nov 28, 2015
Am tired of this kwuruption talks....
Buhari better get to work
At a time....no time
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Flets: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2015
A man who rose to presidency on the most corrupt platform ever funded by loots from Amaechi and Tinubu has no moral right to fight corruption.

He's even more corrupt than most.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by chocolateme(f): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2015
Paschal001:
It's as if chocolateme is working sedulously in overthrowing Ladyf from FTC
its not your fault.
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Chubhie: 8:14am On Nov 28, 2015
PMB, food no dey, water no dey,light no dey,fuel no dey,our roads no good and mass retrenchment all over.

Na beg we dey beg you bubu. Please do something o supreme commander.

1 Like

Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Justice28(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2015
OK o
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by ernesty20(m): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2015
This dullard has nothing to offer
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Ozid(m): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2015
Baba u are right on point
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by mars123(m): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2015
Nigerians are interested in quick solutions to its problems. The thing about quick solutions is that, most times it is not permanent. I cannot use a tape to fix a broken pipe.

Buhari will change this country, at least he will lay a good foundation. Time will tell, and wailers will always yell.

1 Like

Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 28, 2015
okay I hear you undecided

but please fight Boko Haram first.

pls
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by suxkill: 8:24am On Nov 28, 2015
what i need is war towards the petroleum minister for making me to sleep outside due to lack of carb.
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 8:29am On Nov 28, 2015
We are almost running out of patience.............plz act fast so dat our wailers friends and family will not laugh at us
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Aitee1: 8:30am On Nov 28, 2015
Flets:
A man who rose to presidency on the most corrupt platform ever funded by loots from Amaechi and Tinubu has no moral right to fight corruption.

He's even more corrupt than most.

This is fact!!!
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Hefemale: 8:35am On Nov 28, 2015
Continue with your war against corruption
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by neolboy(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2015
How can u lead by examples when u have zombies as followers, blisters heads as aides and corrupt and failures as ur ministers. Buhari tell me
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by neolboy(m): 9:45am On Nov 28, 2015
Hefemale:
Continue with your war against corruption

U mean mouth war against kworrupsion
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Farnsworth: 10:01am On Nov 28, 2015
the corrupt fighting the corrupt...? Buhari is a bloody scam artist!
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Horus(m): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2NbTaJCcp4

[size=15pt]The war against corruption in Nigeria[/size]
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by omogin(f): 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
Just keep talking, we know you're a liar
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
And how many people have been caught for corruption?
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by saintopus(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
mars123:
Nigerians are interested in quick solutions to its problems. The thing about quick solutions is that, most times it is not permanent. I cannot use a tape to fix a broken pipe.

Buhari will change this country, at least he will lay a good foundation. Time will tell, and wailers will always yell.

Don't mind those few wailing wailers wailing over few unstructured BH attacks.

Pls press few likes for me
Re: I Am Determined To Lead By Example In War Against Corruption – Buhari by Hefemale: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
neolboy:
U mean mouth war against kworrupsion
Lol, I mean no war at all.

(1) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Hangs Out With American Star Actor Idris Elba At Silverbird(pics / Caption This Picture Of J.J Omojuwa And Zahra Buhari / Everyone Seems To Love APC, Even Seun Okinbaloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.