Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? (43449 Views)

Lai Mohammed Is A Gangster Minister And A Shameless Old Fool - FFK / 10 Steps To Recall A Senator In Nigeria. / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? by essemdeey350(m): 8:20am On Nov 29, 2015
CACAWA:
a local govt chairman was also elected, so what is your point?

A minister is more powerful than a senator. A minister represents the president. His opinion makes impact, while a senator needs to team up with majority of his colleagues to make anymeaningfulimpact.

A minister is at par with a state governor...a minister controls several agencies of govt and can determine how much of federal presence any state would feel. Many state governors have to seek approval from ministers before downing any project. For example, to build a road anywhere, you need approval from ministry of environment, ministry of housing, ministry of works and ministry of lands. If a finance minister says NO, you can't even collect state loans. Who controls CBN?

A state has three senators, just one governor, and just one minister.

A minister also controls financial power...all a senator has is his salary and allowance.

Finally, a minister is a principal member of the executive while a senator may not even be a principal member of the senate.

QED
Thank you bro...You said it all.
Majority of Nairalanders have misinterpreted this question.
Remember the question is an agitation between a senator and a minister and not senators and a minister; senators and ministers; ministers and a senator. There will be different answers for each case

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? by Cashio(m): 8:35am On Nov 29, 2015
Henrypraise:
To answer d question correctly, u av to bring ursef to d Nigeria settings. N in d Nigeria settings d path way to d answer to to ask d question: Who controls more cash?

In Nigeria d senators go to d ministers to beg for cash n contracts thereby reducing dia hold n power on d ministers hence, d ministers have more power.

Again we heard d minister ar saints hence we ar expecting power of divinity. N we knw hu hold divine power hold of of power.
this is not 2go please. if u are typing, type sensibly and in a matured way too.
Re: Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? by sorepco(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2015
Using ur logic a local govt chairman is nire powerful than a minister? I dont think so...but a senstor has more powers onviously.

quote author=TeeOw post=40488581]Senators are elected... ministers are appointed... election has more power than appointment![/quote]
Re: Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? by Henrypraise: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2015
Cashio:
this is not 2go please. if u are typing, type sensibly and in a matured way too.

Wat did I type dat is not sensible? U shud make ur point witout insulting, pls learn to talk to pple. It's goin to help u in d future.
Re: Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? by Cashio(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2015
Henrypraise:

Wat did I type dat is not sensible? U shud make ur point witout insulting, pls learn to talk to pple. It's goin to help u in d future.
i intended no insults please and i am sorry
if u found my comment offensive

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? by Henrypraise: 11:52am On Nov 29, 2015
Cashio:
i intended no insults please and i am sorry
if u found my comment offensive

It's alright. U av a gud day ahead. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? by MIMU(m): 12:06am On Jun 29, 2020
Campaign , Recognition , Rally are not a little thing to an appointed minister
A senator can become a governor easily
Not all minister can become a governor
As an aside , A minister in a particular ministry have no say in another ministry .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard / My Father's Experience Working With Peter Obi - Kyrian Chiemelie Offor / Patrick Obahiagbon Praises Zahra Buhari On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.