Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . (9866 Views)

90% Of Russian Airstrikes In Syria Have Not Targeted ISIS / Russia S-400 Fails To Shoot Israeli Plane Bombing Syria / Russia Deploys S-400 Air Defense System To Syrian Base (Pictures) - Mod Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by fineguy11(m): 1:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Both the American and Turkish air forces halted their strikes on Syrian territory around the time Russia deployed S-400 air defense complexes at the Khmeimim airbase, from which it stages its own incursions against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL).https://www.rt.com/news/323815-syria-s-400-us-airstrikes/
A spokesperson of the Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve (CJTF-OIR) told Sputnik on Friday that the absence of anti-IS coalition airstrikes“has nothing to do with the S400 deployment”in Syria.

“The fluctuation or absence of strikes in Syria reflects the ebb and flow of battle,”the spokesperson said, adding that CJTF-OIR deliver airstrikes when and where it needs to, dedicating a lot of time to researching targets to ensure maximum effect and minimizing civilian casualties.
As CJTF-OIR reported on Friday, the US-led coalition had made no sorties against targets in Syria bsince Thursday, while airstrikes against Islamic State in Iraq continued, with the coalition making 18 strikes on terrorist positions.
On November 24, a Turkish F-16 fighter jet shot down a Russian Su-24 bomber, which had been bombing IS positions. Moscow says the bomber was in Syrian airspace which the F-16 violated, while Turkey claims the Russian jet crossed the Turkish border and was repeatedly warned before the attack.
Both the pilot and the navigator of the Su-24 ejected. The pilot was killed by a militant group while parachuting to the ground, while the rescue operation for the Russian navigator was successful to a certain extent: a Marine died providing covering fire in the rescue team drop zone and a helicopter was lost after it was hit with an American-made anti-tank TOW missile the terrorists are armed with.

After the incident, Russia’s Joint Staff took the decision to enhance air defenses at the Khmeimim airbase south of the Syrian port of Latakia.
The following day, on November 25, Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu announced the immediate deployment of S-400 misslies to Syria.
S-400 Triumph system missile launchers were airlifted to Syria by Antonov An-124 Ruslan super-jumbo aircraft 24 hours after the decision was announced on Wednesday.
According to open sources, the S-400 is capable of shooting down any existing aircraft, helicopter or missile traveling at speeds of up to 4.8 kilometer per second (over 17,000 km/h) The only target the system would have problems with is a nuclear warhead of intercontinental ballistic missile, which flies at speeds of up to 6-7 kilometer per second.
The S-400 engages targets at distances as far as 400 kilometers and heights of up to 27 kilometers (or higher with newer missiles). This is enough to cover at least 75 percent of Syrian territory, along with the airspaces of Lebanon, Cyprus, half of Israel and a vast part of Turkey.
S-400 radar is also capable of discriminating moving objects on the ground, such as cars or military vehicles at a distance of 600 kilometers.
S-400 radar covers Syria, western regions of Iraq and Saudi Arabia, nearly all of Israel and Jordan, Egypt’s northern Sinai, a large part of the eastern Mediterranean and Turkish airspace as far as the capital Ankara.https://www.rt.com/news/323815-syria-s-400-us-airstrikes/

1 Like

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Gravanno: 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hail Putin and mother Russia.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by bettercreature(m): 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
Where did you get the fake news? because America killed Jihadi john and conducted 100s of air-strikes after Russia joined the campaign

3 Likes

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by fineguy11(m): 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
bettercreature:
Where did you get the fake news? because America killed Jihadi john and conducted 100s of air-strikes after Russia joined the campaign
first u need to update your ''latest news component of ur brain from pentium 1 to @least pentium 4''...jihadist john was killed abt 3 weeks before the 'russian-turkey spat'..this has nothing to do with john..we're talking abt the aftermath of the su 24 bomber downing..

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by atakamus: 1:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
America the cease to carry Russia play. Their NATO will fail them when it happen. Putin no de smile anyhow. They due mad. Their generals wet get sense don't tell them not to ever go to war with Russia under any circumstances. They made it clear that America will loose.

2 Likes

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by bettercreature(m): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
fineguy11:
first u need to update your ''latest news component of ur brain from pentium 1 to @least pentium 4''...jihadist john was killed abt 3 weeks before the 'russian-turkey spat'..this as nothing to do with john..we're talking abt the aftermath of the su 24 bomber downing..
You are very naive because of something that was deployed less than 72hours,they did not deploy it to shoot down air craft,it was deployed to pass flight information to alies and monitor the movement of Russian jets

2 Likes

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Highcuerayte: 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
So, is this good news or bad news?

1 Like

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by tafabaloo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
Begining of another war which is purely on world politics and ego.
End time tins!
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Yanks101: 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
America is used to pushing the limits in both chinese and russian spheres of influence.
Infact the presence of those s-400 would soon result in an upsurge of american activities in syria just to test russian resolves, and i don't think the russians would down an american fighter.

1 Like

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by menix(m): 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
And some end time mumu bought this propaganda..

S-400 ko S-400 milligram nii
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by emmchi(m): 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
Deploring anti missile in syria does not stop the fact that Russia is all alone in this fight.America and his NATO allies still want Al Assad to go and there is not Russia can do about that.

1 Like

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Gravanno: 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
emmchi:
Deploring anti missile in syria does not stop the fact that Russia is all alone in this fight.America and his NATO allies still want Al Assad to go and there is not Russia can do about that.

Where is Assad going to? Don't make me laugh.

With S 400, we have a no-fly zone in place.

By the way, Crimea is still part of Russia, where is your NATO aka the toothless bulldog? You think say Russia na Libya or Iraq? My money is on Russia.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by mazeltov(m): 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
Gravanno:

By the way, Crimea is still part of Russia, where is your NATO aka the toothless bulldog? You think say Russia na Libya or Iraq? My money is on Russia.
I fink Putin is the one that is toothless. I expected Russia to have wiped Turkey off the map as you and your followers proclaim!!

3 Likes

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by fineguy11(m): 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
emmchi:
why dont u carry broom and go chase ASSAD from damascus!..As long as Putin doesnt change his mind on assad,the dude is going nowhere..American and the west couldnt oust him when there was zero russian military presence in syria for abt 4 years....Even with the west "CHEMICAL WEAPON"propaganda against ASSAD,yet the dude is still is power,if that doesnt tell anything abt the russians,then nothing will...sit down and keep shouting assad must go like your friend Obama,and the former prisoner of war JOHN MACAIN..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by HzRF(m): 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Yanks101:
America is used to pushing the limits in both chinese and russian spheres of influence.
Infact the presence of those s-400 would soon result in an upsurge of american activities in syria just to test russian resolves, and i don't think the russians would down an american fighter.
We would see
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by HzRF(m): 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
emmchi:
Lol

What a joke

2 Likes

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by arresa: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
Gravanno:

lol @ no fly zone. Who dash you that rubbish.

You Putin fanboys come up with the dumbest and ignorant rubbish...

2 Likes

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by fineguy11(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
mazeltov:
I fink Putin is the one that is toothless. I expected Russia to have wiped Turkey off the map as you and your followers proclaim!!
nobody wants a nuclear war,but if it becomes inevitable,ISTANBUL will be wiped off the world map in seconds...
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Gravanno: 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
arresa:

Shattap, dolt.

Do you have any thing like S 400? We have a no fly zone in place. Time to start plucking metal birds from the sky. All ISIS and supporters of terror must die.
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by mazeltov(m): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
fineguy11:
nobody wants a nuclear war,but if it becomes inevitable,ISTANBUL will be wiped off the world map in seconds...
And America will fold hand and be watching. Seek facts and actualities no matter how bad it will hurt you

2 Likes

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by fineguy11(m): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
arresa:

there is techn ically a no-fly zone against Turkish jets in syria...Turkey has been pressuring US and NATO to impose a no fly zone on the syria part of the TURKEY-SYRIA border to provide aircover for their ethnic turkmen rebels who has allegiance to ISIS ..russia was bombing those rebels when turkey shot down the jet..if by chance any turkish jet,crosses into syria,even if its just tne tail of the jet,,the jet wld be brought down.....by the way,since turkey was hell bent on protecting their ethnic rebel folks,why havent turkey responded again...,currently that area where the jet was shot is under heavy russian bombardment...all trucks carrying arms,comming in from turkey tru the syria border have been destroyed...the S 400,wont be used against US planes coz both countries have agreed to co-ordinate their strikes..

1 Like

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by fineguy11(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
mazeltov:
And America will fold hand and be watching. Seek facts and actualities no matter how bad it will hurt you
point where i made that assertion,that america will sit and watch...i said in the event of a nuclear war,istanbul wld be wiped off the world map,US response has nothing to do with my assertion,neither will the US be able to save Turkey,should any ''mad man'' from moscow decides to press the button...PUTIN aint mad,there are more than 100 ways to destroy turkey without wasting a nuke on them...
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by arresa: 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
[s]
Gravanno:

Shattap, dolt.

Do you have any thing like S 400? We have a no fly zone in place. Time to start plucking metal birds from the sky. All ISIS and supporters of terror must die.
[/s]

Who is this illiterate gan sef? Do you even know the meaning of no fly zone you dummy.?

Keep quiet jare....

2 Likes

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Excellent7(m): 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
Shit might be about to hit the fan soon.
The apparently trigger-happy Turks might have rewritten the rules for air space incursions to "shoot down after 17 seconds".
The Soviets feel betrayed and have just positioned assets to handle things.
As it is today, the Russians are legally invited by the Syrian government, and anyone doing things in that airspace will be wise to pre-inform the Soviets.
With the hasty and silly Turkish move Putin is fully justified in moving assets that apparently gives him control over the airspace.
The Turks should be wary of entering or being in the Syrian airspace for more than 17 seconds.
This is some kind of respite for the Kurds, Turkey have been pounding from the air.
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by arresa: 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
fineguy11:
there is techn ically a no-fly zone against Turkish jets in syria...Turkey has been pressuring US and NATO to impose a no fly zone on the syria part of the TURKEY-SYRIA border to provide aircover for their ethnic turkmen rebels who has allegiance to ISIS ..russia was bombing those rebels when turkey shot down the jet..if by chance any turkish jet,crosses into syria,even if its just tne tail of the jet,,the jet wld be brought down.....by the way,since turkey was hell bent on protecting their ethnic rebel folks,why havent turkey responded again...,currently that area where the jet was shot is under heavy russian bombardment...all trucks carrying arms,comming in from turkey tru the syria border have been destroyed...the S 400,wont be used against US planes coz both countries have agreed to co-ordinate their strikes..

Deploying S 400 has nothing to do with no fly zone against anybody. UN is yet to delare such resolution in Syria and Russia gan sef won't dare utter that nonsense in another country. Syria is not Russia.

S400 was deployed to monitor and coordinate their own operations and protect their own base in Syria.

1 Like

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Quelme: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
Perfect response from the Master Vlad Putin...

1 Like

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Quelme: 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
arresa:

Deploying S 400 has nothing to do with no fly zone against anybody. UN is yet to delare such resolution in Syria and Russia gan sef won't dare utter that nonsense in another country. Syria is not Russia.

S400 was deployed to monitor and coordinate their own operations and protect their own base in Syria.
The Turks just opened the Pandoras box on themselves...
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by mazeltov(m): 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
fineguy11:
point where i made that assertion,that america will sit and watch...[b]i said in the event of a nuclear war,istanbul wld be wiped off the world map,US response has nothing to do with my assertion,neither will the US be able to save Turkey,[/b]should any ''mad man'' from moscow decides to press the button...PUTIN aint mad,there are more than 100 ways to destroy turkey without wasting a nuke on them...
Relax bro, I posted it just to let you know that a war with Turkey is approximately a war with America. I fink you understand what I meant by that statement ? - And America won't allow Turkey to fight Russia alone. Feel free to Prove me wrong.!!
And we all know this except if we living in ''self denial of fact''
Yes you have made a very vital point there even though I thought Almighty Russia would wipe off Afghanistan in war - but that's not where I am going.
The truth is, Turkey won't be so stupid to start a nuclear war with Russia.
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
emmchi:

The S-400 has made the US F-35 already obsolute

This missile system is so advanced that the Russians can strike a particular window in the Pentagon.

It has also very powerful radar system that makes jamming impossible.

In the event of jamming, it has a multiple launch capability.

It has a cruising speed of 17,000 km/h and a range of 400km.

To put this into perspective, the S-400 can strike a Turkish F-16 from Syria in less than a minute.

While the silly yanks where building fagg0t cruise ships in the name of aircraft carriers at $1bn, the Russians thought it wise to invest in missiles which cost 1 million dollars.

So for every US aircraft carrier the Russians have at least a thousand missiles. The odds of just one missile striking it's target no matter how advance the US anti missile system was, is very very high.

The yanks are not flying because Putin has created an Iron Dome over Syria with the S-400 missile system.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by emmchi(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
The Russians are blaming the Americans for not informing the Turks of their air strike close to the turkey border and the American are supporting their ally for protecting their air space and you think the Americans will just watch while Russia bombard turkey, i doubt.
Re: No US Airstrikes In Syria Since Russia Deployed S-400 Systems . by emmchi(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

The S-400 has made the US F-35 already absolute

This missile system is so advanced that the Russians can strike a particular window in the Pentagon.

It has also very powerful radar system that makes jamming impossible.

In the event of jamming, it has a multiple launch capability.

It has a cruising speed of 17,000 km/h and a range of 400km.

To put this into perspective, the S-400 can strike a Turkish F-16 from Syria in less than a minute.

While the silly yanks where building fagg0t cruise ships in the name of aircraft carriers at $1bn, the Russians thought it wise to invest in missiles which cost 1 million dollars.

So for every US aircraft carrier the Russians have at least a thousand missiles. The odds of just one missile striking it's target no matter how advance the US anti missile system was, is very very high.

The yanks are not flying because Putin has created an Iron Dome over Syria with the S-400 missile system.
I totally disagree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uhuru Kenyatta Wins Kenya's Presidential Election / Extremely Graphic Pictures From The Attack At Boston Marathon / Slovakia Expels 35 Russian Diplomats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.